Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Ipswich Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 15th April 2023 | KO 3.00PM

Comments

• Options
    Morgan was wank as well today….made Morsy look like Zidane….none of our mids got near theirs……
  • Options
    I thought Dobson was having to do too much on his own.
  • Options
    Massive gulf in class but Holden got the tactics completely wrong today
  • Options
    There are literally no words that can be said to try and justify that performance today.

Most of our squad are deluded calling themselves professional footballers. Yes we have struggled this year but there is absolutely no way ANY team in the same league as us should do us 6-0 if the players were arsed.

That answers the question re how much of a rebuild do we need. Ty TS & MS with your black box you fucking pair of goons
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Leuth said:
    Chunes said:
    Leuth said:
    Tbf I didn't watch or even listen, but can I say 'fuck off innis'?
    It sounds like Hector was responsible for about 4 goals but Inniss has somehow stolen the fanbase's anger. He's cursed 
    Hector was rubbish today.

Innis has the worst disciplinary record in the top four leagues of English football.* Double anyone else.

Red Cards

Innis - 4
    Casemiro - 2
    Kamara - 2
    Osho - 2
    Platt - 2
    Khan - 2

* Presume it is much worse than that, but can't find individual stats for National League and below. But note that no team in the National League has above four cards as an entire squad, while Innis has four to himself.
    Of which one was rescinded! And c'mon, it's part of the charm. Vieira and Keane! 

Ahhh ehhh whatever. Bet Holden puts him straight back in the side when he's available 
    The players you've mentioned being slightly superior don't you think made up for that.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Post match thread ??...
    Was there a match today... from what I saw it looked like a training session for Ipswich with lifelike dummies standing around in place of the usual metal frames, that's all I saw, nothing more to say, was a very boring afternoon really..🥱🥱😴
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    There are literally no words that can be said to try and justify that performance today.

Most of our squad are deluded calling themselves professional footballers. Yes we have struggled this year but there is absolutely no way ANY team in the same league as us should do us 6-0 if the players were arsed.

That answers the question re how much of a rebuild do we need. Ty TS & MS with your black box you fucking pair of goons
    To be fair, before today we were one of a small number of teams who had not lost by more than 2 all season.
  • Options
    Luckily we had a power cut after full time so I’ve calmed down a bit.

My take.

At least I won’t see Innis in a red shirt next week.

Safe journey all you loyal Addicks and try and enjoy the rest of your weekend ♥️
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2023
    Morgan's weaknesses were really exposed. He seems to know what he should do but there is no refinement or touch too often. I would accept him as a squad player but if he starts next season, we are unlikely to improve to the level we need to. Ideally we need a grafter like Dobson who knows where the goal is. Fraser needs a dedictated fitness coach in the summer I think too.
  • Options
    We all agree, charlton athletic are magic 
  • Options
    I expected us to lose today, indeed that was a major reason why I skipped the game in favour of the more winnable, ha ha, MKD game. Ipswich are a VERY good side, and in brilliant form.

But there's losing, and there's losing. Keep it tight, give the opposition nothing, frustrate them.

However bad the players might have been, you have to question Holden as well. Maybe he had too much confidence in our players to give Ipswich a game, rather than making it niggly and scrappy?
  • Options
    Whilst all teams have off days, we've been played of the park several times this season when the final score line hasn't reflected the gulf in class. Today wasn't one of those days.
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    Blucher said:
    There was a humiliating gulf in class between the teams, both in and out of possession. We were wobbly and panic-stricken at the back and the lack of pace, athleticism and game management of Fraser and Morgan in midfield were brutally exposed by Morsy and his colleagues.

Ipswich were a couple of yards faster and much, much sharper than us. We afforded them acres of space in midfield, barely won a 50/50 all afternoon and let them cut through us like a hot knife through butter. To compound matters, we repeatedly conceded possession unnecessarily and could barely string two passes together all afternoon. Apart from Bonne’s header and Fraser’s shot in the first half, we didn’t threaten their goal all afternoon, failing to muster a single attempt in the second half.

Curbs and Brownie were, quite rightly, scathing in their analysis. It was a pretty disgraceful and spineless performance and I feel for the supporters who spent good money to traipse up to Ipswich to watch that rubbish. I’d be quite happy never to see a number of those players in a Charlton shirt again.
    What’s your views on Dobson’s pace and athleticism? Seems that sometimes he is beyond criticism from Charlton fans when for me today he was just as culpable - especially as those aspects you mentioned are the weakest part of his game. 

To be honest I think it’s pretty obvious Morsy and Luongo have far to much quality for this league - but as two players playing as CDM’s look at their ability to drive forwards with and without the ball - we just don’t have that. 
    Dobbo is, indeed, a bit one-paced but his reading of the game and anticipation is so good that it is rarely exposed. So far as his athleticism is concerned, he has a great engine and the ability to cover a tremendous amount of ground over the course of game to try and protect the back four.

He was, along with the rest, certainly poor today and I think he conceded possession in the lead up to their third goal by Ladapo, but if he was out of this side, you'd see lesser teams than Ipswich cutting through us with relative ease. 
    Thank you for the well thought out and articulated response mate. Always appreciate your views.

Out of this side for sure, I don’t doubt we would be in even more trouble. But that is because any of his potential replacements are no where near the level required. He was my player of the year last year, and is just behind JRS for me this one.

Ultimately for me though I look at the attributes and strengths of players in a similar positions in the top 6 and I’m just not sure he has all of those. 
  • Options
    PWR - pathetic worthless rabble 
  • Options
    What’s everyone moaning about, we got a clean sheet win….
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Watching Charlton players smile and laugh with Ipswich players at the end. God I hate everything about this club 
    Haha surely not? Who?
    Camera zoomed in on Fraser laughing with an Ipswich player 
    Thats forgivable as he played there last season. Probably a good mate of his. 
  • Options
    Sitting at South Mimms with a consolation Bacon Double Cheeseburger. My son is having KFC. That is all.
  • Options
    Going to Milton Keynes on Tuesday. Not too excited about it after that but maybe we will see a reaction.
  • Options
    Transfermarkt is often off on their individual player values but overall is not far off on the relative club values of the team's players in total.
    If you look at the club values of it's players, the top eight of League One are Bolton, Ipswich, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Derby, Barnsley and Peterborough, Wednesday. Of those eight clubs, seven are in the top 8 of the table. There is also some rough correlation to the bottom.
    Where is CAFC in the club value rank of its players? 10th. Where are we in the table? 11th.
    The value of the Ipswich squad in Transfermarkt it £15.6M. Ours? £8.8M. Their club is worth about twice ours.
    It's not down to strategy or who the manager is, it is who the players are. And who we have as players eventually comes down to the owner. As the saying goes... "Fish rot from the head, down."
    Our team is considered mid-table in player values on the open market and it delivers mid-table results. When we were last promoted we had the third highest club value in L1 entering that season. It was what was expected based on the value of our players. The next year we had the third lowest player values in the Championship and.... we were relegated, as the value of the players predicted we would be.
    It all comes down to the players. Always has. Always will, at least over time. In any one year there is variability but over a few years there is very little at all. Our players are performing as the market says they will. The only way to change that is get better players. And that won't happen until we get a better owner. It really seems to me as simple as that. Until that happens the best we can hope for is a lot of luck.
    Really good post, it gives credence to Garners comments about 'making the play offs would be an over achievement' and we are not left with much of a squad come June either.  
  • Options
    Going to Milton Keynes on Tuesday. Not too excited about it after that but maybe we will see a reaction.
    You’re a braver man than me. I hate watching us play MK Dons at the best of times, and don’t really have a good feeling about this game. 
  • Options
    All I can say is that the Ipswich must be poor judges of their opposition. As if having a referee favouring us would have changed the outcome.
  • Options
    My God that was car crash tv. You knew we were getting smashed by a cricket score in the first two minutes. Nobody even reached mediocre standard. Decided not to go today after seeing the thrashing last year. Thank God Im not driving back from Suffolk after that pile of shite.
    Blimey, that is bad. I'm struggling to find an adjective worse than mediocre.

Oh, hang in, there's a new one in the 2024 Oxford Dictionary - it's 'Inniss.'

I said that he's a liability after the Shrewsbury match and got well lol'd on here. Now everyone is slagging him off and rightly so - f***ING Palace reject w****r.
  • Options
    thecat said:
    Massive gulf in class but Holden got the tactics completely wrong today
    There were tactics?