Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Ipswich Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 15th April 2023 | KO 3.00PM

Comments

• Options
    Predicted a 4-0 defeat and we lose 6-0. Utter f***ing garbage. 

Total embarrassment- I hope they're ashamed. .
  • Options
    I would love to know the selling points that Sandgaard is peddling to sell the club, 'And apart from giving you the club for a knock down 20 mill, you are getting a team that will piss this league' 
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Last year away to Ipswich a heavy loss got JJ sacked.
    Hopefully a heavy defeat away to Ipswich this season will herald the Sandgaard family being sacked.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Leuth said:
    Tbf I didn't watch or even listen, but can I say 'fuck off innis'?
    It sounds like Hector was responsible for about 4 goals but Inniss has somehow stolen the fanbase's anger. He's cursed 
    Hector was rubbish today.

Innis has the worst disciplinary record in the top four leagues of English football.* Double anyone else.

Red Cards

Innis - 4
    Casemiro - 2
    Kamara - 2
    Osho - 2
    Platt - 2
    Khan - 2

* Presume it is much worse than that, but can't find individual stats for National League and below. But note that no team in the National League has above four cards as an entire squad, while Innis has four to himself.
    Red card every 12 games. 

It's an embarrassment and he's just been allowed to carry on all season with no changes. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Leuth said:
    It sounds like Hector was responsible for about 4 goals but Inniss has somehow stolen the fanbase's anger. He's cursed 

Innis has the worst disciplinary record in the top four leagues of English football.* Double anyone else.

Red Cards

Innis - 4
    Casemiro - 2
    Kamara - 2
    Osho - 2
    Platt - 2
    Khan - 2

* Presume it is much worse than that, but can't find individual stats for National League and below. But note that no team in the National League has above four cards as an entire squad, while Innis has four to himself.
    Of which one was rescinded! And c'mon, it's part of the charm. Vieira and Keane! 

Ahhh ehhh whatever. Bet Holden puts him straight back in the side when he's available 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Chunes said:
    Leuth said:

Red Cards

Innis - 4
    Casemiro - 2
    Kamara - 2
    Osho - 2
    Platt - 2
    Khan - 2

Of which one was rescinded! And c'mon, it's part of the charm. Vieira and Keane! 

Ahhh ehhh whatever. Bet Holden puts him straight back in the side when he's available 
    No it is four now... If that other red hadnt been rescined he'd be on five reds for the season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    msomerton said:
     Now the owners know the kind of money they have to spend to get a good side.
    We need to spend a lot to get to a bang average standard 
  • Options
    Absolute fooking shambles on & off the pitch…🤬,it surely must get better at some point,but it’s how much better is the worry…as it prob still won’t be good enough & if the rumours of this takeover are as shit as the last god knows how many takeovers we have had,I fear for our future…🥺
  • Options
    This game should be used as the benchmark for what is required to mount a promotion challenge next season.

We cannot afford to kid ourselves with good results gained against mediocre sides.  To challenge the best we need to chop long and hard into the established squad.  Out with the old in with the new.     
  • Options
    In the history of English professional football has there ever been a team that won a match 6-0 and then lost a match 6-0 in such short succession?
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    According to the Transfermarkt website the market value of Ipswich's new arrivals this season is £9.5m.
    We have little hope of matching that.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ipswich-town/transfers/verein/677
  • Options
    This game should be used as the benchmark for what is required to mount a promotion challenge next season.

We cannot afford to kid ourselves with good results gained against mediocre sides.  To challenge the best we need to chop long and hard into the established squad.  Out with the old in with the new.     
    A midfield with the mobility of Morsy, Lunogo and Chaplin would be a start. 
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Fuck me, this could be a rant fest !
    Popcorn opened!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is the trouble it shouldnt - Ipswich shouldnt be in this League, they're a joke its taken them two years given the amounts they've spent.

Ipswich | Sheff Wed | Derby are the worst kind of benchmark for any club
  • Options
    Can see why we lost…if I were Holden I would be seething but he’s blasé about the game…worrying
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Leuth said:
    Chunes said:
    Leuth said:

Red Cards

Innis - 4
    Casemiro - 2
    Kamara - 2
    Osho - 2
    Platt - 2
    Khan - 2

Career stats:

Innis averages a red card every 23 games

Viera averaged a red card every 38 games

Muscat averaged a red card every 45 games

Keane averaged a red card every 52 games

Inniss league games for Charlton - 63 games. 

Inniss league red cards for Charlton - 6 reds. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    My God that was car crash tv. You knew we were getting smashed by a cricket score in the first two minutes. Nobody even reached mediocre standard. Decided not to go today after seeing the thrashing last year. Thank God Im not driving back from Suffolk after that pile of shite.
  • Options
    Really pleased I've got my tickets for Cheltenham away.
    Can't wait 
    🙄🙄🙄
    Thought of doing the same and the prospect of being asked to pay £625 again just thrills me. Luckily my daughter needs help that day.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Chunes said:
    Leuth said:
    Chunes said:
    Leuth said:

Red Cards

Innis - 4
    Casemiro - 2
    Kamara - 2
    Osho - 2
    Platt - 2
    Khan - 2

Career stats:

Innis averages a red card every 23 games

Viera averaged a red card every 38 games

Muscat averaged a red card every 45 games

Keane averaged a red card every 52 games

Inniss league games for Charlton - 63 games. 

Inniss league red cards for Charlton - 6 reds. 
    Yes, for us it is indeed much worse than that, just didn't want to be accused of 'juking' the stats. It's very telling that even when using the most generous version of the stats, he's still the worst.