Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Ipswich Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 15th April 2023 | KO 3.00PM

Comments

• Options
    How people rate/defend Inniss is embarrassing. He is a woeful player
  • Options
    How many times does a team score 10 goals against you in the two games you meet in a season.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Chunes said:
    Leuth said:
    Tbf I didn't watch or even listen, but can I say 'fuck off innis'?
    It sounds like Hector was responsible for about 4 goals but Inniss has somehow stolen the fanbase's anger. He's cursed 
    Hector was rubbish today.

Innis has the worst disciplinary record in the top four leagues of English football.* Double anyone else.

Red Cards

Innis - 4
    Casemiro - 2
    Kamara - 2
    Osho - 2
    Platt - 2
    Khan - 2

* Presume it is much worse than that, but can't find individual stats for National League and below. But note that no team in the National League has above four cards as an entire squad, while Innis has four to himself.
    Of which one was rescinded! And c'mon, it's part of the charm. Vieira and Keane! 

Ahhh ehhh whatever. Bet Holden puts him straight back in the side when he's available 
    I wouldn’t mind if Innis had a fingernail of the talent Keane and Viera had.
  • Options
    msomerton said:
     Now the owners know the kind of money they have to spend to get a good side.
    They didn't get the idea after the 4-0 last year
  • Options
    For Pete's sake - 3-0 down - not a hope in hell of getting back into it -PARK THE BLOODY BUS !!!!
  • Options
    A wake-up call after a few good results which shows how far off being serious promotion contenders this side is

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The no dickheads rule means Innis will be gone in the summer.
    Why would Holden instruct the armband to be passed to someone he considered a dickhead every time Dobson went off? 
  • Options
    I like the way Inniss does the arm out “pointy” thing, directing the game from a distance like he reads the game so perfectly! Please take a permanent leave of absence. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    He does seem to get sent off when the chips are down I've noticed. Can't mentally apply himself against lads running rings and probably provided a few verbals is my guess why!?
  • Options
    45 lifers predicted us to lose today. The squad simply isn't good enough. We were never going to run a team close that's top of the league, at home, and needs the points. It was depressing, but we know no more now than we did before... there are too many sub-standard players in the squad, not enough who will stand up and be counted. I'm not blaming Holden for today as it's hard to see what else he could do with that lot. But unless we have a major squad overhaul we'll have another season of this. Incredible that we're not challenging the top teams since we improved our squad so much after last year's debacle by spending... err... nothing. 

As for the 2 lifers who predicted us not to lose... full marks for optimism...
  • Options
    At least I had a bit of fun jogging back to the station through Ipswich fans wearing Charlton hoodie crying "Let me out of here. I wanna go home". 

Sat at far end of train to Norwich and kept out of the way. 

Kin ell. 10 goals against in 2 visits. 

• Options
    1StevieG said:
    Bods64 said:
    I like the way Inniss does the arm out “pointy” thing, directing the game from a distance like he reads the game so perfectly! Please take a permanent leave of absence. 
    He’s not directing the game. He is pointing out his next victims.
    Everyone likes to call him a psycho or whatever but none of his reds this season have been for violent conduct or serious foul play 
  • Options
    The no dickheads rule means Innis will be gone in the summer.
    Hope that rule doesn’t include fans or I’ll be looking for a new club. Although thinking about it, that might not be a bad thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    msomerton said:
     Now the owners know the kind of money they have to spend to get a good side.
    If only it would be that easy.

We have to wake up really quickly or things will only get worse. 

Sandgaard and who ever is discussing taking over this is not the time to think money.
    You will not have enough to put our club back together again.
  • Options
    Nice to have an easy target sponge for the fans' ire though. That's what you get for not hiding. Unlike, it seems, quite a few of the others 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Nice to have an easy target sponge for the fans' ire though. That's what you get for not hiding. Unlike, it seems, quite a few of the others 
    Hiding for the next game or two by getting sent off is worse no? 
  • Options
    out played, out thought, out skilled, worst of all out fought which is not acceptable i m o
  • Options
    Ipswich started the game with more intensity, positivity and quality. We did get more into it and to be fair at 2-nil that was a definite penalty which may have changed things. Defence were awful, especially Hector unusually. 2nd ball useless as always. Is it overall fitness levels? Something is wrong in relation to this aspect of our game. Even against poor teams.
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    There was a humiliating gulf in class between the teams, both in and out of possession. We were wobbly and panic-stricken at the back and the lack of pace, athleticism and game management of Fraser and Morgan in midfield were brutally exposed by Morsy and his colleagues.

Ipswich were a couple of yards faster and much, much sharper than us. We afforded them acres of space in midfield, barely won a 50/50 all afternoon and let them cut through us like a hot knife through butter. To compound matters, we repeatedly conceded possession unnecessarily and could barely string two passes together all afternoon. Apart from Bonne’s header and Fraser’s shot in the first half, we didn’t threaten their goal all afternoon, failing to muster a single attempt in the second half.

Curbs and Brownie were, quite rightly, scathing in their analysis. It was a pretty disgraceful and spineless performance and I feel for the supporters who spent good money to traipse up to Ipswich to watch that rubbish. I’d be quite happy never to see a number of those players in a Charlton shirt again.
    What’s your views on Dobson’s pace and athleticism? Seems that sometimes he is beyond criticism from Charlton fans when for me today he was just as culpable - especially as those aspects you mentioned are the weakest part of his game. 

To be honest I think it’s pretty obvious Morsy and Luongo have far to much quality for this league - but as two players playing as CDM’s look at their ability to drive forwards with and without the ball - we just don’t have that. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Clem that was just what I thought. I gave Hector a 1 on the players marks. Innis was crap but Hector never even reached crap. He was just like a Sunday League player who got smashed on a Saturday night and woke up at half time in the middle of the match. I wonder if he has a new club lined up so can't be arsed anymore.