Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Has anybody asked Cawley about Edun
    Someone on Twitter did earlier, he said he hadn't heard anything more.
  • Has anybody asked Cawley about Edun

• Southbank said:
    Pretty clear, and obvious I guess from the timing, that these are not players Holden has chosen to be on his list. So whether they are going to fit into his style of play will be a lottery.
    How did you come to that conclusion?
  • ozaddick said:
    Vfrf said:
    what. the. fuck. is. that.....
    Forgot about this. Thank you @Vfrf for bringing it back into my life.

• Southbank said:
    Pretty clear, and obvious I guess from the timing, that these are not players Holden has chosen to be on his list. So whether they are going to fit into his style of play will be a lottery.
    How did you come to that conclusion?
    While riding on the doomsday express
  • Vfrf said:
    Did the lads behind him turn up expecting to mug him, and decided to join in with his song before they ran off?
  • Southbank said:
    Why is it pretty clear and obvious?
  • edited January 2023
    Southbank said:
    He said in his interview that he has known Todd Kane for long time 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dean Holden makes it pretty clear in that interview that he gets a big say, if not final say, in the players we're bringing in.
    We knew that same as BG , JJ and LB 
  • Good luck to Bonne and Kane, I hope they prove to be good signings. My initial concern is that we are again signing ‘free’ players, after all the takeover hype I just hope this is not another window on the cheap. 
  • Free or not ..these two are decent 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Southbank said:
    Really ? You don’t think he’s had any say in it ? Let’s try and be a bit more optimistic eh ? 
    Yeah right 
    Holden has been after Bonne for years. 
    I doubt he's even heard of him until now 
  • I wanted Edun more than those 2, tbh
  • To be honest I’m not too sure many managers get complete control of transfers these days. I’m sure Holden was involved and had a voice in the decisions. 
  • Can't get use to Holden being our manager & still see him as a stop gap - just here to keep us up & then gone in the summer.
  • CA1975FC said:
    Southbank said:
    He said in his interview that he has known Todd Kane for long time 
    He love him long time
  • Sponsored links:

• lolwray said:
    Free or not ..these two are decent 
    Lets wait and see, if I had a pound for every comment on here from people quoting this and that player saying they are "too good for this league", "my xxxxxx supporting mate says he is a great buy", "the geezer will take the piss in this league" etc etc I would be a rich man. 
  • edited January 2023
    Southbank said:
    Well, because he has not been here long enough to work out for himself who should stay or go, nor has he been here long enough to identify the right players from outside that he would need to replace those who do go, nor has he said these are players he has wanted playing for him, nor are they players he knows from other clubs.
    Its a list put together before he got here.
    He seems just to be having a phone chat to introduce himself for form's sake and then the deals are done.
    Pot luck.
  • Heard good things about Kane from QPR & Oxford fans.

Real gutsy full back who gets stuck in.

Both said he would be playing at a higher level if it wasn’t for his past ACL / knee injury problems. Hopefully he can stay fit and show us what he can do.
    Now we know why he's here, to take JFC's place with the physio.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Southbank said:
    Really ? You don’t think he’s had any say in it ? Let’s try and be a bit more optimistic eh ? 
    Yeah right 
    Holden has been after Bonne for years. 
    I doubt he's even heard of him until now 
    I completely agree but when you way up the options, I think Holden would rather say yes to Bonne now then be left hanging further in the month, and I wouldn’t put him in the yes man category.