Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    Sage said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Sage said:
    For me, the thing with Bonne is that he is so streaky it's unreal. I know how that sounds but when you break down his career and goals, you can't say 11 in 33 or 12 in 43. You need to assess it properly.

When he isn't scoring, he doesn't do anything and will often go a long time without scoring. Yet, on the other side, when he does score, he'll often go on a run of scoring a fair few goals in a few games.

In his first season with us, he scored 5 in his first 6 league starts and then 3 in 5 at the end of the season. That's 8 out of 11 in 11 games. The rest were just an odd game or two.

For Ipswich last season, he scored 11 in his first 15. He then only scored 1 more goal in 28 league appearances.

He hasn't really played at all for QPR this season so won't be sharp or match fit, and for a striker who scores in streaks, we need him to come in firing. I am not convinced that's going to happen.

We'll see. I just feel we need more.
    In fairness to him Ipswich fell apart last season in general and he was with us in the Championship where we were underdogs most games. Although as I type this I am realising he's not getting any more stability returning to us. 
    They picked up 43 points in their final 23 league games last season. Bonne scored once. 
    In addition to that though he also stopped starting games at the end of January and was subbed on in 12 of the last 17, two of those he played no part in at all so 12 of 15.

If you look at the games he started he scored 12 in 29 starts with 2 assists -

He's clearly no super sub though scoring just 1 and assisting 1 in 14 sub appearances  
    So what you're telling me is they were a better team without him starting?

Look, he's here now so I will back him, as I do all our players when they play.

But, we are all allowed opinions and there remains a good handful in our squad who aren't good enough for us and I hope the next couple of windows we manage to sort that out.
  • Good luck to MB, give him a chance to redeem himself, we have all made errors of judgement, and if he knows he has our support I reckon he could flourish especially if we could continue our recent good form, so thumbs up from me!!! :
  • Valley11 said:
    Think I’d have been fine with a pic holding the scarf, rather than a video making out we’ve signed Mbappé. 

Think I’d have been fine with a pic holding the scarf, rather than a video making out we’ve signed Mbappé. 
    Mbonne

• Macclesfield loan out Tom Clare to Love Island, done deal. 
    So love island fc have signed more players than us now 
  • Macauley needs an early goal or two. If he has a run without a goal I can see it being very counter productive for everyone concerned. Fans and player alike. 
  • CHG said:
    QPR mate said Kane will do a good job for us but will piss everyone around him off. From other comments sounds like he has a reputation. 
    I've heard the same thing re. his attitude which has apparently been an issue at most of his clubs... there was although the thing with him getting a 7 game ban after being found guilty of racial abuse of an opponent.

I'm sure Holden won't take any crap!

Holden said in that Bonne interview that he'd spoken to a few players and didn't think they were the right fit. Not sure it has any relevance to Kane but you never know
  • I think Bonne will do alright for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    The 2 full backs signing now would put the squad balance where it should have been at the end of August. 

It's now about taste and fancy, getting out players Holden doesn't want and getting in ones he does.
    Agree, the size of the squad at the end of August was probably too big, but it had gaping holes in it. And those holes have undermined us this season IMO. We do have some decent players and just maybe we can have a go at the play off if we fill those gaps. 
  • Interesting comment by Holden says he's spoke to a few player's this week who he did not think would be a good fit for the club.
  • My gut tells me we are signing Kane but not the Blackburn lad.....
  • Interesting comment by Holden says he's spoke to a few player's this week who he did not think would be a good fit for the club.
    It was. What’s happened to Kane ? 
  • Kane if we are Abel 
    It was. What’s happened to Kane ? 
    Cawley reported Kane was having a medical last night so that comment won’t be about Kane. Holden would speak to them long before they come in for a medical.
  • Gills have announced the signing of Oli Hawkins, who is a striker and a cb. Be surprised if they sign Stockley, not sure they'd need 2 target men.
  • Gills have announced the signing of Oli Hawkins, who is a striker and a cb. Be surprised if they sign Stockley, not sure they'd need 2 target men.
    They've seven goals all season, need to try and find more than one Striker
    Could be Stockley said no and will try fight for his place here? 
    They've seven goals all season, need to try and find more than one Striker
    Agreed but surely they don't intend to play 2 slow target men up top 
  • Sponsored links:

• CHG said:
    QPR mate said Kane will do a good job for us but will piss everyone around him off. From other comments sounds like he has a reputation. 
    I've heard the same thing re. his attitude which has apparently been an issue at most of his clubs... there was although the thing with him getting a 7 game ban after being found guilty of racial abuse of an opponent.

Holden said in that Bonne interview that he'd spoken to a few players and didn't think they were the right fit. Not sure it has any relevance to Kane but you never know
    Rashford, Fred, Maguire......
  • Gribbo said:
    CHG said:

Rashford, Fred, Maguire......
    Lyle Taylor?
  • As long as Boone apologies for the sake of all the Charlton fans who are so precious that any criticism of our fine club leads them to irrational anger and hatred.

Till then the bloke can go fuck himself. 
    We are just as thickle as any other bunch. If he goes and scores 4 in 5 starting Saturday, all will be forgotten quick enough!! 
  • Ken Boone is just the no nonsense sort we need 
  • As long as Boone apologies for the sake of all the Charlton fans who are so precious that any criticism of our fine club leads them to irrational anger and hatred.

Till then the bloke can go fuck himself. 
    For what trying to better himself ??
  • supaclive said:
    My gut tells me we are signing Kane but not the Blackburn lad.....
    I’m getting the same feeling but I really hope not. We really need an actual left back. Sessegnon is brilliant there but he could be even better on the right and whenever he is not available or subbed off we look shit 
  • Could Bonne be the next Karlan Grant ?
    We persevered with him, he missed lots of chances sent out on loan did ok then came back and still missed guilt edge chances - then suddenly it clicked he couldn’t stop scoring and then got snapped up.  I also remember in his last game for us he missed a pen in a 1-1 draw against Peterborough.  Perhaps Bonne has done has learnt from his experience and is now ready to hit the ground running - let’s face it in the current situation and our search for new majority shareholders in our club not happening in January we’ve not got much choice but to risk it (so therefore it’s a no brainer) 
  • supaclive said:
    My gut tells me we are signing Kane but not the Blackburn lad.....
    Same.

We've gone for the cheap option.
  • Could Bonne be the next Karlan Grant ?
    We persevered with him, he missed lots of chances sent out on loan did ok then came back and still missed guilt edge chances - then suddenly it clicked he couldn’t stop scoring and then got snapped up.  I also remember in his last game for us he missed a pen in a 1-1 draw against Peterborough.  Perhaps Bonne has done has learnt from his experience and is now ready to hit the ground running - let’s face it in the current situation and our search for new majority shareholders in our club not happening in January we’ve not got much choice but to risk it (so therefore it’s a no brainer) 
    Grant was 20, 21 and still improving.

Bonne is 27 so less likely to.

He might be gone but I don't think he's suddenly going to turn into a regular 1 in 2 Championship striker like Grant did.