Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Sad but true. Marquis won his team 3 points against us (ok alongside Innis). 
  • edited January 2023
    Lots of negativity about Bonne, based on what regarding us, last played for us Oct 2020, so until we see where he is as of now, what's the point on dismissing him on performances of over two years ago, personally I will reserve judgement until he has actually played for us this season...🤷‍♂️
  • He’s scored a hell of a lot more championship goals than Stockley that’s for sure.

And probably more than most league one strikers have 

• Macclesfield loan out Tom Clare to Love Island, done deal. 
    I guess that he is hoping to score more in his loan move.
  • He’s scored a hell of a lot more championship goals than Stockley that’s for sure.

14 in 67 games v 9 in 65

More, sure, but not by much.

• Why does it take us so bloody long to do anything?
    Bonne is reading this thread and shitting himself over the fans reaction to him joining. 
  • edited January 2023
    He’s scored a hell of a lot more championship goals than Stockley that’s for sure.

Well he's scored 3 Champ goals in his last 44 appearances. But I'm not sure the goals he scored a few years ago are much help to us now anyway. Much like how Stockley's 15 last season aren't really helping us either. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Why does it take us so bloody long to do anything?
    Ha, you took the words right out of my mouth but so bloody true!
  • Tom Cannon, linked with us on loan from Everton in the summer, has joined Preston.
    Has been shot over to Preston, surely?

• Well we can get the song going again Macauley Bonne Bonne Bonne 
  • Bonne is potentially a good signing and we need to see how it goes. We clearly haven't got shedloads of cash so probably the sort of signing we should be making.
  • edited January 2023
    I wonder if he's still employing that two-bob agent who was slagging Bowyer's selection policy off on Twitter
  • WHAddick said:
    Tom Cannon, linked with us on loan from Everton in the summer, has joined Preston.
    Has been shot over to Preston, surely?

I think he got fired mate 😉.
  • Chunes said:
    I wonder if he's still employing that two-bob agent who was slagging Bowyer's selection policy off on Twitter
    His Mrs? : )
  • Sage said:
    For me, the thing with Bonne is that he is so streaky it's unreal. I know how that sounds but when you break down his career and goals, you can't say 11 in 33 or 12 in 43. You need to assess it properly.

When he isn't scoring, he doesn't do anything and will often go a long time without scoring. Yet, on the other side, when he does score, he'll often go on a run of scoring a fair few goals in a few games.

In his first season with us, he scored 5 in his first 6 league starts and then 3 in 5 at the end of the season. That's 8 out of 11 in 11 games. The rest were just an odd game or two.

For Ipswich last season, he scored 11 in his first 15. He then only scored 1 more goal in 28 league appearances.

He hasn't really played at all for QPR this season so won't be sharp or match fit, and for a striker who scores in streaks, we need him to come in firing. I am not convinced that's going to happen.

We'll see. I just feel we need more.
    In fairness to him Ipswich fell apart last season in general and he was with us in the Championship where we were underdogs most games. Although as I type this I am realising he's not getting any more stability returning to us. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Please don't anyone say most business gets done in the last 48 hours of a window because personally i can never have those 48 hours back of waiting and waiting and finally admitting defeat two hours after the August window shut. As for the piss take under Southall...

As we are about frees and Loans let try to get the few in (sounds promising from RC) early and build on the Momentum from two League wins and the big knees up in Manchester. Any decent player going in January will be a mega kick in the teeth.

Announce Edun if it's done as the LB is a priority unless the two footed Stephen Sessegnon can play every match.( He can't)
    We are not useless but we are an established League 1 team now and only a radical change in thinking like not selling your best players will change that.

• Charlton need to make a rule that they won't wait until the last 48 hours of the January window as it has fcuked us up more times than is comfortable. Even when we got promoted in 2019 it was a mighty cock up. Always similar excuses and reports how close we were. When it happens as many times as it does with us, the excuses no longer apply.
  • Macronate said:
    Hearing that the Kane deal is delayed due to Tottenham wanting Stockley in part-exchange.
    Nah, the deal fell through when we insisted Stockley goes the other way  :D
  • edited January 2023
    Sage said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Sage said:
    For me, the thing with Bonne is that he is so streaky it's unreal. I know how that sounds but when you break down his career and goals, you can't say 11 in 33 or 12 in 43. You need to assess it properly.

When he isn't scoring, he doesn't do anything and will often go a long time without scoring. Yet, on the other side, when he does score, he'll often go on a run of scoring a fair few goals in a few games.

In his first season with us, he scored 5 in his first 6 league starts and then 3 in 5 at the end of the season. That's 8 out of 11 in 11 games. The rest were just an odd game or two.

For Ipswich last season, he scored 11 in his first 15. He then only scored 1 more goal in 28 league appearances.

He hasn't really played at all for QPR this season so won't be sharp or match fit, and for a striker who scores in streaks, we need him to come in firing. I am not convinced that's going to happen.

We'll see. I just feel we need more.
    In fairness to him Ipswich fell apart last season in general and he was with us in the Championship where we were underdogs most games. Although as I type this I am realising he's not getting any more stability returning to us. 
    They picked up 43 points in their final 23 league games last season. Bonne scored once. 
    In addition to that though he also stopped starting games at the end of January and was subbed on in 12 of the last 17, two of those he played no part in at all so 12 of 15.

If you look at the games he started he scored 12 in 29 starts with 2 assists -

He's clearly no super sub though scoring just 1 and assisting 1 in 14 sub appearances  
  • With little or no money, what do we expect? Bonne is a decent addition with that in mind. Let's hope he finds his feet quickly.
  • Tom Cannon, linked with us on loan from Everton in the summer, has joined Preston.
    Never been the same since the loss of Bobby Ball.
  • CHG said:
    QPR mate said Kane will do a good job for us but will piss everyone around him off. From other comments sounds like he has a reputation. 
    I've heard the same thing re. his attitude which has apparently been an issue at most of his clubs... there was although the thing with him getting a 7 game ban after being found guilty of racial abuse of an opponent.

I'm sure Holden won't take any crap!