Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• edited January 2023
    As long as Boone apologies for the sake of all the Charlton fans who are so precious that any criticism of our fine club leads them to irrational anger and hatred.

Till then the bloke can go fuck himself. 
    For what trying to better himself ??
    Even by your shocking wum standards, this post is priceless.
  • Xavier Simons Chelsea defensive midfielder has been recalled from Hull, apparently us and a few other clubs are interested in taking him on loan.
    Would be an odd one with McGrandles pretty much back from injury and Dobson being our best player. I guess given Fraser is being offered more freedom in an advanced role he might replace Albie to provide more stability in the midfield alongside Dobson. We've only got 3 players on loan so could still get both him and Edun.
    I can't see it neither unless Mcgrandles is not going to be in the gaffers plans.
  • Xavier Simons Chelsea defensive midfielder has been recalled from Hull, apparently us and a few other clubs are interested in taking him on loan.
    Would be an odd one with McGrandles pretty much back from injury and Dobson being our best player. I guess given Fraser is being offered more freedom in an advanced role he might replace Albie to provide more stability in the midfield alongside Dobson. We've only got 3 players on loan so could still get both him and Edun.
    I can't see it neither unless Mcgrandles is not going to be in the gaffers plans.
    I think McGrandles is in his plans.
    Even then I can't see Chelsea recalling him from a loan where he's not playing to send him out to sit on the bench again but for a worse team. I'd actually feel quite positive if it was a case of trading up in the midfield rather than the current gap-plugging our recruitment has been so far. Holden had a decent look at Payne in his first few line-ups and can't have seen much, so if he's soured on him, decided Albie isn't quite good enough and Henry isn't ready then a new centre mid to play alongside Fraser and Dobson would make sense.
  • redbuttle said:
    Stockley and Marriott are very different players so I wouldn’t think that would have much impact on Stockleys move. Gillingham have only scored 7 goals this season so I think they probably need more than 1 attacking player added 
  • NabySarr said:
    redbuttle said:
    Stockley and Marriott are very different players so I wouldn’t think that would have much impact on Stockleys move. Gillingham have only scored 7 goals this season so I think they probably need more than 1 attacking player added 
    They have also signed Oli Hawkins 
    Unless Dobson is on his way, in this window
  • redbuttle said:
    You mean the move we invented with no evidence to back that invention up. 
  • edited January 2023
    redbuttle said:
    I want to shag Candice Swanapoel, I reckon that has a similar chance of happening as Jack Marriott going to Gillingham, he would walk into our team
  • Bailey said:
    redbuttle said:
    Kentonline and SLP both reported it as a possibility 
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCsayer said:
    redbuttle said:
    I want to shag Candice Swanapoel, I reckon that has a similar chance of happening as Jack Marriott going to Gillingham, he would walk into our team
    So would Timothee Dieng (walk into our team that is)
  • CAFCsayer said:
    redbuttle said:
    Googles Candice Swanapoel....Isn't disappointed!!
  • edited January 2023
    Xavier Simons Chelsea defensive midfielder has been recalled from Hull, apparently us and a few other clubs are interested in taking him on loan.
    Unless Dobson is on his way, in this window
    😉
  • CAFCsayer said:
    redbuttle said:
    Certainly would give her a chance but she has very small breasts.
  • Wot breasts?
  • redman said:
    We had to sign 2 players by Friday, otherwise i would  genuinely been concerned, about what on earth was going on.

The question now is , will there be any more incoming / outgoing through the window?

How many other clubs have signed 2 by now in the window? 
    January should be a patch up job anyway. Real business in the summer 
    Is that an echo I hear from January last year.
  • edited January 2023
    CAFCsayer said:
    redbuttle said:
    Mmmm...fussy are ya!!  😉
  • Macca gone for a Burton
  • Sponsored links:

• Macca gone for a Burton
    Great minds @Gravesend_Addick 😉
  • CAFCsayer said:
    redbuttle said:
    Mmmm...fussy are ya!!  😉
    Not fussy but I’ve turned quite a few heads in my time and quite a few stomachs.
  • TelMc32 said:
    Thank god for that when he played especially vs Stockport and against Lincoln it seemed like he didn’t want to play and was awful. Also can’t kick a ball! 
  • edited January 2023
    redman said:
    We had to sign 2 players by Friday, otherwise i would  genuinely been concerned, about what on earth was going on.

The question now is , will there be any more incoming / outgoing through the window?

How many other clubs have signed 2 by now in the window? 
    January should be a patch up job anyway. Real business in the summer 
    Is that an echo I hear from January last year.
    Yes but it's only because we keep screwing up the summer windows.

January is never meant to be the time to overhaul your squad - it's expensive, not to mention disruptive and can do more harm than good if you have a complete clear out. Two or three more would be excellent but we shouldn't expect more than that.
    Right, and against that metric, this has been a successful January so far. We moved on fringe players and we've brought in stop gap replacements. As far as stop gaps, we could (and have) done a lot worse than Bonne and particularly Kane. 

The big need remains LB. If we can add a CB or CM better than what we have, and a quality attacker, that would be great. But expecting a major overhaul is just not realistic. 

I would expect one, maybe two more in, and probably DJ going out. Maybe Stockley, if we can find a taker. And then loan moves for some of the younger fringe players: Deji, Mitchell, Campbell, Kanu, and maybe Henry. Dylan Gavin seems to score a lot for the U23s, so a loan is probably in order there as well. All would probably benefit from going to the National League, meaning all could be recalled if we had an injury crisis. 
  • edited January 2023
    Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    wmcf123 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Oh no! Not Bonne please.. Everyone will go on about the goals he scored.. He should have had 25 goals, the amount of great chances he had. Still believe if he had put away a couple of those we would have stayed up, and might be a different story now! 

But lets get realistic - unless we are paying to wages, this is the pond we are fishing in! 

Bonne was good before Christmas in the championship.  He fizzled out just like everyone else that season . 
    Wouldn't say he was good, scored a few miss hits, and a decent strike against Derby. Wouldn't say he was good.. More the fact he had some good players around him, putting them on a plate for him
    Scored 1 goal from 30 after that initial streak for them. 
    Was that 30 starts, or 30 appearances off the bench? If the former, that’s very poor. I suspect it’ll be mainly sub appearances. Hope so anyway!
    I’d mainly use him off the bench to prevent Leaburn burn out.

Re Stockley: He does seem to have been affected by the back injury, but I don’t think he was ever really all that great in the first place. In his first season for us a fair proportion of the goals he scored were almost freakish headers. Didn’t matter the angle, or how tightly he was marked; if the ball hit his head it seemed to fly in to the top corner. I was pretty sure he wouldn’t be able to keep scoring goals like that, and so it proved I think. There were also quite a few tap-ins in cup matches that boosted his stats. Funnily enough though, he’s looked a bit sharper when he’s come on as sub in recent matches. 
  • Kips said:
    Bailey said:
    redbuttle said:
    Kentonline and SLP both reported it as a possibility 
    Seriously Kip, I think Stockley's wage would have been a problem plus I don't think Stockley would take the drop into the fourth tier as a good move, even though new finance has landed at the Gills door. I think it was wishful thinking from a lot of parties but I'm always happy to be proved wrong, stunned if it happened, but wrong all the same. 
  • edited January 2023
    Forest are hoping to get rid of Taylor and 83% of Forest fans want him gone....that worked out well then! 
    They are hoping to sell him! Why he cost fuck all didn't he?
  • Forest are hoping to get rid of Taylor and 83% of Forest fans want him gone....that worked out well then! 
    They are hoping to sell him! Why he cost fuck all didn't he?
    Forest got promoted with him in the squad, Taylor probably got at least a top championship wage for the last eighteen months. I think both parties would say it's worked out quite nicely whereas as we would declare it did nothing for us at all.