Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Oh the irony 😏
  • RedChaser said:
    Oh the irony 😏
    I Ronnie….
  • cfgs said:

Nixon knows nothing .. 
    Oh the irony 😏
  • I only posted the Nixon thing as he is saying what seems sensible but not saying we aren't trying to do business. Basically without a takeover signings are unlikely but not definitely off the agenda.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    cfgs said:

Nixon knows nothing .. 
    Mr Kettle, could I introduce you to my good friend Mr Pot.
    Finally found Trevor’s account! 
  • cfgs said:

Early business for us would be 11:50 Am Deadline day as opposed to 23:50.!
  • I think the Club has the right idea about what it needs in the transfer market BUT nobody fancies paying for it!

Reminds me of those family trips to Harrods, Selfridges, etc!
  • edited January 2023
    One week in and the only talk is about players leaving not joining. 

Investment, what investment?
  • Sponsored links:

• @cafcfan1990 if you think getting rid of three or four players currently with our injuries makes sense without getting replacements in at the same time or you know what, BEFORE we let players go then in my opinion that is suicide.

The squad was light already.

JFC, Stockley, Mac (played yesterday!), Kirk - despite their limitations will all be needed between now and May to keep us in this division if we don't get replacements. 

This is a tried and tested path we've been down before and why blind faith is installed I have no idea.

"Wait and see"
    "It's only X days into the window"

This has been trotted out for the last 3 windows.

We have every right to be sceptical of our owner!
  • supaclive said:
    "Wait and see"
    "It's only X days into the window"

This has been trotted out for the last 3 windows.

We have every right to be sceptical of our owner!
    Sad but very true
  • I think Bonne is signing but it will only happen when Stockley goes, if he does 
  • cfgs said:
    I think Bonne is signing but it will only happen when Stockley goes, if he does 
    If we’re only doing free transfers then I’d rather Wickham than Bonne.
  • cfgs said:
    Good player but he's averaged about 12 games a season since 2015.
  • cfgs said:
    Good player but he's averaged about 12 games a season since 2015.
    Together him and Chuks could nearly average half a season. 
  • Swisdom said:
    I heard one deal is done.  A palace player.

no idea who or if it’s a loan
    Time to reopen the Hayden Mullins thread ?
  • A couple of Sheffield United scouts were at the game.
    Not surprising in itself, as I guess there were other scouts in attendance as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• There was a guy at the Brighton game wearing a Sheffield Utd coat, must be checking one of ours out?
  • edited January 2023
    iaitch said:
    There was a guy at the Brighton game wearing a Sheffield Utd coat, must be checking one of ours out?
    Or one of Palace or Fulham's...
  • One week in and the only talk is about players leaving not joining. 

Investment, what investment?
    Which ones are you bothered about though? You were continually slating JFC, everyone criticises Mac and earlier today you said you wished "Garner had the guts to dump Stockley like Holden" has. 

We've got 3 keepers so Mac isn't needed. JFC barely played and Stockley has done nothing. When one of the main players leave it's more reason to be concerned but not the players who have been linked away. 
    The focus should be on players coming in. We need reinforcements. 

Seems like we'd rather focus on getting players out the door which points to more cost cutting. 
  • We're 9 points above relegation, we're unlikely to get dragged in to a scrap and unlikely to make the play offs. No rush to bring players in now imo 
  • What was the Nixon rumours about us today? 
  • We had already brought in Ronnie Schwartz by this time a couple of transfer windows ago. 

Step up your game Andy Scott!
    You want Scoot to bring him back?!