Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• edited January 2023
    Seems like we're letting a lot of players go this January. 

Will we actually have investment, or is it just replacing like-for-like in wage terms? 
    Does that matter?
    Surely the only thing that’s important is that the team gets better.
    A more expensive squad does not equal success, as we are proving.
    But money will have to be used to persuade good players to come to a side in 16th. 

Bringing back Gilbey as the new CM signing ain't that I'm afraid. 
  • edited January 2023
    Players being moved out before new players being moved in. Quite the opposite to what we were told by this new group of 4. 
    What are we going to be left with

Typical Charlton life over reaction. It's not even 5:30 on the 2nd jan, there hasn't been a working day yet! But comments like "what are we going to be left with"
    May not have been a full working day yet but Jake appears to have gone and CM appears to have been offered free. My main point was to highlight the first action by the Group appears to go against what we were told they would do.
    I will feel happier when I see some players coming in.

• Leuth said:
    If we sign Bonne it will be a great sign of Andy Scott's player-finding brilliance 
    Don’t joke, I think it could happen!
  • edited January 2023
    Players being moved out before new players being moved in. Quite the opposite to what we were told by this new group of 4. 
    What are we going to be left with?
    Just wow. I think what was said was that players do not NEED to leave before we bring some in. I bet you toot someone at the traffic lights the second after they go green. 
    Andy Scott interview (6.40 mins) https://www.charltonafc.com/video/player/0_lqrva61b he says he wants to get players in and then assess which players can move out.

I normally wait 5 seconds before I toot.
  • Thought we were bringing players in then getting rid of surplus.looks like bullshit again.division 4 here we come. 
    Both JFC and McG would have left last window if there had been another 24 hours 
  • Sponsored links:

• After reading the latest in the transfer thread. Then if what is said there is true this is cost cutting and there will be no incoming January transfers. As the club have to 0ay the rent and the players they have.
  • Scoham said:

Charlton when Rich asks a question...
    Maybe Fat GIF - Maybe Fat Bastard - Discover  Share GIFs
  • edited January 2023
    Kirk and DJ are both names always disappointing to see on the team sheet . Any interest, let them go. Both have had their chances and overall failed miserably.
    Agreed 100% - getting rid of them will be a clear sign there is proper money involved coz i doubt we will get bugger all for them despite having paid good money for them - someone wiling to write that off would suggest someone who isn't mucking about hanging onto players who we all know aren't going to come good 
  • edited January 2023
    Kirk and DJ are both names always disappointing to see on the team sheet . Any interest, let them go. Both have had their chances and overall failed miserably.
    I always think there’s a player in DJ but he’s had enough chances and it’s time to move on. 

As for Kirk, I’ll pay the taxi fare.

McG, JFC are needed departures too. 

Stockley would be a welcome departure unfortunately, if replaced first. And I personally think it’s time for Albie to join Wimbledon, but I think that’s a bit more divided.

If we can get any money for Clare and replace him with an actual right back, that would have my support too. 
  • RC_CAFC said:
    I always think there’s a player in DJ but he’s had enough chances and it’s time to move on. 

Stockley would be a welcome departure unfortunately, if replaced first. And I personally think it’s time for Albie to join Wimbledon, but I think that’s a bit more divided.

If we can get any money for Clare and replace him with an actual right back, that would have my support too. 
    We already have Egbo and Sess. 👍
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    RC_CAFC said:

We already have Egbo and Sess. 👍
    Happy to have Sessignon as that right back as long as we get two left backs in.
  • Would QPR come in for Kirk now that Critchley is there?

Another creative move might be to Rotherham in exchange for Ferguson.
  • edited January 2023
    We won’t bring in a player better than JFC we are cutting costs for division 4 the people sniffing round ain’t got no money there just ten bob millionaires trying to make a quick buck.we haven’t played JFC in the league because we can’t afford his wages.our star midfield signing in the summer was mcstandstill who looks Sunday league.why is any one thinking it’s going to be different this time we’ve had this for about four or five seasons now. We’ve had mega rich sheiks and whatever and now 75 dollar Texans.we are signing shit players from divisions 4 again and going to division 4 how many more times are people on here being kidded by this bullshit  Stevenage are signing one of our top 5 players because we can’t afford to pay him. How does Henry and mcgrandles get in before him other than money. Wake up people. 
    There's a reason JFC is dropping down a division.
  • Is it possible that there are two incoming that they can’t announce yet, and that’s why two have left?
  • We won’t bring in a player better than JFC we are cutting costs for division 4 the people sniffing round ain’t got no money there just ten bob millionaires trying to make a quick buck.we haven’t played JFC in the league because we can’t afford his wages.our star midfield signing in the summer was mcstandstill who looks Sunday league.why is any one thinking it’s going to be different this time we’ve had this for about four or five seasons now. We’ve had mega rich sheiks and whatever and now 75 dollar Texans.we are signing shit players from divisions 4 again and going to division 4 how many more times are people on here being kidded by this bullshit  Stevenage are signing one of our top 5 players because we can’t afford to pay him. How does Henry and mcgrandles get in before him other than money. Wake up people. 
    There's a reason JFC is moving down a division.
    Yeah, he doesn't have to move house...

Like Gilbey dropped down a division to avoid moving to Lincoln.