Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• If we’re raiding Rotherham I’d be interested to look at Dan Barlaser.  Big strong lad and a rocket for a right foot.  Probably offers more than Albie and JFC.  Going into last 6 months of his contract too.  Good player indeed
  • Richard J said:
    Footballers and Managers tend to live away from their families a lot more now than back in the day.

When we signed Billy Clarke from Bradford a few years ago he rented a flat with his former team mate Liam Trotter who had joined AFC Wimbledon. Clarke was always going to go back to Yorkshire when his career ended.

Over the last few years Leon Best, Johnnie Jackson and Ben Watson all seemed to have identified us as a club which suited them for family reasons.

I think an eighteen month contract to a player in their 30's who has their main family home in London could be a very attractive option.
    To be honest at 31 i don't really see an issue as the player should still be fairly motivated. Watson at 34/35 was way past it and clearly saw us as an easy way to delay his retirement.
  • Swisdom said:
    If we’re raiding Rotherham I’d be interested to look at Dan Barlaser.  Big strong lad and a rocket for a right foot.  Probably offers more than Albie and JFC.  Going into last 6 months of his contract too.  Good player indeed
    No chance. He’s a key player of theirs and will likely have Championship interest.
  • DOUCHER said:
    A striker who can play the one up top role for when Leaburn not available and a left back should be our first priorities - i would then have a go at switching Clare into midfield to play with dobbo and fraser - dobbo is the screen, fraser the 10 and i think we need an engine, a box to box athlete to compliment that - could that suit Clare?  
    I think that’s where Clare wants to play, and he certainly has the athleticism to be in that sort of role. 

I am just not sure about the rest of his game, and when he played their under Adkins initially he didn’t cover himself in glory. 

• DOUCHER said:
    A striker who can play the one up top role for when Leaburn not available and a left back should be our first priorities - i would then have a go at switching Clare into midfield to play with dobbo and fraser - dobbo is the screen, fraser the 10 and i think we need an engine, a box to box athlete to compliment that - could that suit Clare?  
    I think that’s where Clare wants to play, and he certainly has the athleticism to be in that sort of role. 

I am just not sure about the rest of his game, and when he played their under Adkins initially he didn’t cover himself in glory. 

we didn't have the creative players then that we have now so it didn't work but i think a clare instead of a jfc or morgan would be an improvement based on that starting line up yesterday and i think he deserves another crack at it  
  • CM could leave early in the window. We’re not looking to get a fee for him.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-keeper-could-be-early-transfer-in-january-window/
  • Scoham said:
    CM could leave early in the window. We’re not looking to get a fee for him.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-keeper-could-be-early-transfer-in-january-window/
    CM can go, a CM has gone, a CM may return from loan.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:

jfc to wimbledon? gilby back ?
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:

jfc to wimbledon? gilby back ?
    Stevenage.
  • Seems like we're letting a lot of players go this January. 

Will we actually have investment, or is it just replacing like-for-like in wage terms? 
  • We need a bit of a clear out and hope we get what we need, though am sure I will be sad to see one or two former excellent servants (JFC for example) go. Just hoping the incomings are improving supplements to the better elements of our current team, rather than a real tear up and start again. 
  • That's the 2 experienced first teamers I expected to leave so no real surprise.  

Just hope any incomings are an improvement on what we have
  • That's the 2 experienced first teamers I expected to leave so no real surprise.  

Just hope any incomings are an improvement on what we have
    ......... blimey that's word for word what I just told my Son! You ain't my Son are you lol ??
  • Probably for the best for all parties that JFC has moved on. Hope he can stay fit and have a decent next chapter in his career
  • Gribbo said:
    Heard Eton Messi on his way

The cream always rises to the top !
  • Scoham said:

I assume that Wollacott must be near a return, as you wouldn't want Harness as the only other option to AMB
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2023
    Seems like we're letting a lot of players go this January. 

Will we actually have investment, or is it just replacing like-for-like in wage terms? 
    Does that matter?
    Surely the only thing that’s important is that the team gets better.
    A more expensive squad does not equal success, as we are proving.
  • edited January 2023
  • Players being moved out before new players being moved in. Quite the opposite to what we were told by this new group of 4. 
    What are we going to be left with?
  • Players being moved out before new players being moved in. Quite the opposite to what we were told by this new group of 4. 
    I thought that!!

It does go against what Scott said in his interview, but it is only the 2nd.  I'm sure deals are being worked on, so let's see what happens
    Just wow. I think what was said was that players do not NEED to leave before we bring some in. I bet you toot someone at the traffic lights the second after they go green. 
    These two exits have probably been lined up for a while. Hopefully that applies to a few incomings too, but the order isn’t too important as long as the moves happen.
  • Give them a chance
  • edited January 2023
    Scoham said:
    Players being moved out before new players being moved in. Quite the opposite to what we were told by this new group of 4. 
    These two exits have probably been lined up for a while. Hopefully that applies to a few incomings too, but the order isn’t too important as long as the moves happen.
    These two exits haven't actually been announced yet so we don't know there aren't one or two replacements to announce either.