Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Saxon Earley
    Would be a decent start to a hefty list of players that we require. 
  • Saxon Earley

Off to Plymouth 
  • Saxon Earley
    Being linked with Plymouth 
  • Need to get in early for the top end players like that
  • Had been playing alongside Gilbey on loan at Stevenage. Gilbey must have sold us really well  :D
  • Had been playing alongside Gilbey on loan at Stevenage. Gilbey must have sold us really well  :D
    The return of Gilbey will be our salvation 😉
  • Scoham said:
    Let's get real
    Any footballer who is worth it will have offers from a number of clubs, why choose a basket case that is Charlton who are in a relegation fight with ownership difficulties, also what club will loan us players in the current situation?
    I listened to one of the recent Twitter chats between Louis Mendez and Richard Cawley. After Holden was announced a fan had suggested we might struggle to sign players with a manager only here in the short term. Richard made the point that players generally go where the money is and that’s not as big a factor as fans believe it is.
    what money? 
    What money? The money it is all about. Because that is what it is all about. The money.
  • edited December 2022
    If Earley joins Plymouth could that mean the Pilgrims would release Brendan Galloway or Conor Grant?

Either of those would be useful although both have had injury problems.
  • Saxon Earley
    More Viking Late in our case - these four senior experienced appointments by the Dane have come too late.
  • Richard J said:
    If Earley joins Plymouth could that mean the Pilgrims would release Brendan Galloway or Conor Grant?

Either of those would be useful although both have had injury problems.
    Perfect fit for us then 😉.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2023
    So much for getting our business done early....
    #SandgaardOut 😉
  • ARE WE THERE YET ?
  • We need one signing per day for the next twelve days.
    Or 2 every day for the next 6, so we can play an entire new team against ManUre
    On the first day of the January transfer window
    Matt Southall super duper deal phone gave to me
    A Matthew Smith from Manchester City. 
  • Desperate times when you see that starting 11 against Oxford and think Gilbey would improve that.
  • I’ve always been a fan of Paddy Madden at this level. Regular goal scorer currently at Stockport . He’s 32 now but worth an 18 month contract if a good enough offer made to tempt him.
  • Gallen has cancelled all transfer window signings as the club have been unable to source any bottles of prime for the big sit-in

• edited January 2023
    So we have 

Thomas S
    Martin S
    Rodwell
    Warwick
    Scott
    Holden 
    Gallen 

All are supposed to be  doing their “best” to get us out of the hole we are in.

Only rumours I hear are…

Rav Saki will be recalled 
    Leaburn may be sold 
    Gilbey may come back
    JFC is gone

Or have I missed some rumours of note ?

Exactly how big is the ambition, with such a top team in place?

30 days left, so they need to crack on.

• Sponsored links:

• BigDiddy said:
    So we have 

Thomas S
    Martin S
    Rodwell
    Warwick
    Scott
    Holden 
    Gallen 

Only rumours I hear are…

Leaburn may be sold 
    Gilbey may come back
    JFC is gone

That top 7 is a start but can any of them defend or score ?
  • BigDiddy said:
    So we have 

Thomas S
    Martin S
    Rodwell
    Warwick
    Scott
    Holden 
    Gallen 

Only rumours I hear are…

Leaburn may be sold 
    Gilbey may come back
    JFC is gone

Depends who you believe will be spending the money.....or should I say who's money it is they are spending.

I believe its not TS's money (or he will be compensated once the takeover goes through) and therefore a number of players will arrive & a few will leave. If you believe it's all TS's money & all his doing then No, not much will happen. 
  • BigDiddy said:
    So we have 

Thomas S
    Martin S
    Rodwell
    Warwick
    Scott
    Holden 
    Gallen 

Only rumours I hear are…

Leaburn may be sold 
    Gilbey may come back
    JFC is gone

Depends who you believe will be spending the money.....or should I say who's money it is they are spending.

I believe it’s not TS's money (or he will be compensated once the takeover goes through) and therefore a number of players will arrive & a few will leave. If you believe it's all TS's money & all his doing then No, not much will happen. 

Sadly, I agree.

Was hoping someone would come out and give us a good news take on this 
  • BigDiddy said:
    So we have 

Thomas S
    Martin S
    Rodwell
    Warwick
    Scott
    Holden 
    Gallen 

Only rumours I hear are…

Leaburn may be sold 
    Gilbey may come back
    JFC is gone

Shane Ferguson linked but he’s starting today for Rotherham.

Rumours don’t prove anything is or isn’t happening.
  • Shane Ferguson starts for Rotherham @ Millwall today.

Peter O'Rourke may have been fibbing (needs to sit on the naughty step) about us signing him - At least one positive is the fact he'll be match fit if he does join... At least the for time being, am sure we'll knock that habit out of him
  • Wonder if Charlie Kirk is the first out of the door or if he's injured and that's why he hasn't been involved all week? 
  • Shane Ferguson starts for Rotherham @ Millwall today.

Peter O'Rourke may have been fibbing (needs to sit on the naughty step) about us signing him - At least one positive is the fact he'll be match fit if he does join... At least the for time being, am sure we'll knock that habit out of him
    Millwall will deliberately injure him to spoil his dream move to Charlton  ;)
  • Seen the Ferguson link. We have loads of wingers. I think he could be an upgrade on some, though I'd rather have JRS.

I sort of wonder if he's being signed to play wing back, which is where he's been playing for Rotherham.

If there's any truth in it, he's probably a player who helps you stay in League One, but at 31, doesn't exactly get the blood pumping. 
  • Holden being very cagey. Either he knows something but is under very strict orders to keep schtum or quite possibly he doesn't actually know himself.