Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• follett said:
    Penney played at CB on Saturday when Holden switched up tactics. Hector isn’t match fit, ludicrous to let EOC go for any other reason than to cash in. He’s also head and shoulders above Innis
    But Inniss was the best center back in the league for 2 years.  Whilst he was injured 
  • Operation break even going well
  • Ben18 said:

Is the United a deliberate wind up or a genuine mistake? Either way We're famous!!!
  • Oggy Red said:
    Best centre back by some distance leaving and people still think we're in for a good season next year. 

We have no money. For the likes of Wrexham to be able to sign our better players shows the level we're working at. 
    Best centre back until Ness got the shirt - and his competition was Lavelle and Inniss who he is marginally quicker than - not saying Hector is a good signing but think we're exaggerating how good O'Connell actually is.
    O'Connell is the ball playing CB signed to play Garnerball.

His distribution is generally very decent but he is not the quickest.
    Just maybe, just guessing ...... but maybe Holden doesn't see EOC as a good fit for the gameplan he wants the team to play?

God forbid we have a defender that can pass AND defend. 
  • Ben18 said:

Nothing unique about that, most clubs are richer than us...🤷‍♂️
  • Bailey said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Best centre back by some distance leaving and people still think we're in for a good season next year. 

We have no money. For the likes of Wrexham to be able to sign our better players shows the level we're working at. 
    Best centre back until Ness got the shirt - and his competition was Lavelle and Inniss who he is marginally quicker than - not saying Hector is a good signing but think we're exaggerating how good O'Connell actually is.
    O'Connell is the ball playing CB signed to play Garnerball.

His distribution is generally very decent but he is not the quickest.
    Just maybe, just guessing ...... but maybe Holden doesn't see EOC as a good fit for the gameplan he wants the team to play?

I think you have hit the nail firmly on the head Oggy. If as you say O'Connell doesn't fit your game plan but is still part of the squad, so be it. but bugger me Wrexham give you a call and offer you money for a squad player who the club picked up for nothing, what you gonna do ? 
    Is this the Holden who is only contracted to the end of the season ? 🙂

There a contract in place if all parties are happy in the summer ..

Who's offering the contract.....TS or someone else. Because whoever it is they may well not be in charge in the summer & so it will be immaterial. 
  • When the new owners take over are they going to change name of club to the loan fucking rangers
    what a shower of shit how any one thinks we are going to stay up with innis lavelle and a player that Wednesday wouldn’t sign because his not fit. I do not know. 
    Our best cb is a kid that has only a dozen first team appearances for us. 
    Have a night off. Jesus, moan, moan, moan, talk shit, moan, moan moan.
  • I like O’Connell, gutted if we lose him to a non-league team (no matter who they’re owned by). 
  • Sponsored links:

• Also how do we know O'Connell hasn't asked for the move? Maybe he hasn't settled down here, maybe Holden told him he's third choice and he doesn't like that, maybe he's come back from injury and isn't the player he was beforehand?
  • Thank God that  Holden managed those 3 wins or the glasses wouldn’t be as rose tinted for some on here I think. Long way to go this season.
  • Sandgaard getting his own back for all the stick he’s taken.
  • sam3110 said:
    Also how do we know O'Connell hasn't asked for the move? Maybe he hasn't settled down here, maybe Holden told him he's third choice and he doesn't like that, maybe he's come back from injury and isn't the player he was beforehand?
    How do we know he want visited by Wrexham legend Mickey Thomas who convinced him that moving to north wales to play in a pub league was the right career move?
  • ButtleJR said:
    If he wants to go, which he seemingly does, let him. 
    Where has it been said that he wants to go? Genuinely curious 
  • Am still quite surprised that DJ is still here, seeing that we're open to offers, maybe the Edwards deal will go through if DJ is off elsewhere (Campbell replaces Kirk) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Best centre back by some distance leaving and people still think we're in for a good season next year. 

I don’t agree he’s our best CB by some distance. He’s probably the calmest on the ball, and can pass, but always thought he doesn’t win much in the air and isn’t massively strong. Would prefer it if it was Lavelle leaving of course. 
    As for Wrexham, well they can pay higher wages than we can, and can offer players the chance to be in a pretty successful Netflix series, and to be part of a team who are promotion favourites. Mullen dropped divisions to play for them. Although it sounds ridiculous, O’Connell’s head may well have be turned by a call from Ryan flippin’ Reynolds.
    I don’t know Hector, (or any if the new signing apart from Bonne), so just have to hope he can get up to speed and fit in where required.
  • Smithy said:
    Surely people can see that others are wound up because of the bigger picture rather than the individual transfers? We’re signing players as cheap replacements to the more expensive shit we’re getting rid of. That in itself is not a bad thing but the fact that all these signings are loans or short term contracts is highly unlikely to be part of some master plan to get us through to summer where we’ll have a huge rebuild. It’s just Sandgaard not wanting to put another penny towards the squad and cutting costs wherever possible. The whole situation at the club is a mess and tbh signing Hector to replace O’Connell is a great example of that. 
    Exactly this. I dont think anyone would argue with any of the outgoings buts it's the incoming players that are the issue. None playing regularly and seem to have fitness issues. Nothing wrong with signing players on frees etc look at Bolton they have spent a fraction that we have in the last 2 years but are miles ahead of us. Also CBT shows what can be found, I just get the feeling that the only part of the club that has been strengthened is the treatment room
  • CH4RLTON said:
    We could be looking at 7out and 5 in (one crocked and one not played for 7 months) to replace them, we are being asset stripped
    At the moment our only assets are still at the club.

• Kirk gone to Burton
  • Smithy said:
    Surely people can see that others are wound up because of the bigger picture rather than the individual transfers? We’re signing players as cheap replacements to the more expensive shit we’re getting rid of. That in itself is not a bad thing but the fact that all these signings are loans or short term contracts is highly unlikely to be part of some master plan to get us through to summer where we’ll have a huge rebuild. It’s just Sandgaard not wanting to put another penny towards the squad and cutting costs wherever possible. The whole situation at the club is a mess and tbh signing Hector to replace O’Connell is a great example of that. 
    Well yeah. But seriously why is anyone at all surprised? Sandgaard is quite openly and clearly trying to sell. He was always going to be cutting costs and trying to make any money he could.

This season and this window was ALWAYS going to be like this. Always. The real question is who is running things in the summer and that we don't know yet.
  • Also noticed that the official account is posting at either: 15,30,45 or 00 minutes past the hour. Sad I know...
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    O'Connell leaving rather than Inniss/Lavelle is absolutely laughable.
    And replacing him with Hector.

I can categorically say that we've been lied to. Contracted players leaving & being replaced by injured & loanees.

Wait for meltdown when Dobson is sold at 11pm.  

Who lied to us?
    Andy Scott.

Said players would come in and then they would address if players who were surplus to requirements could leave.

But more are leaving than arriving & we are bringing in loans & letting under contract players leave permanently. 

IF  EOC or Lavelle leave then we are weaker. Maybe not now but definitely in the summer. Yet another "rebuild" and the recent ones havent gone well. 6 loanees go back & short term deals like Bonne & Hector leave. 

Would need 10-12 new players in the summer. Like we did last summer. And remind me how that went & where we are in the League currently. 

Yes, call me negative but I'm not wrong.  
    Apart from O'Connell leaving today isn't this what the majority of fans have wanted for months?

Deadwood players, who have proven time and time again they cant hack it for us, looking at the table

The summer was always going to be another rebuild

Still want it to happen in the summer rather than January, this month is the time of year where players no one wants become available
    Yes, but it wont happen in the summer either. 
    we need better players than we have atm. The only one that i would prefer to keep is EOC, but if Wrexham have offered silly money then it's the thing to do...
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    ButtleJR said:
    You wouldnt wanna drop down two leagues under contract unless you wanted too no?
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    ButtleJR said:
    You wouldnt wanna drop down two leagues under contract unless you wanted too no?
    All about money, it is with every player that signs for them. 
  • edited January 2023
    It’s way too early to say definitively if this has been a good or bad window. Certainly happy that we’ve cleared out so much dead wood. That’s excellent. 
    But I’m not going to slag off any of the new signings, because I know nothing about them, and will reserve judgement until they’ve played a few games at least. 
    I’m now just keeping my fingers crossed that we can hang on to key players. And sign a forward.