Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Uboat said:
    Wow. I mean, bless those of you putting a positive spin on this. It’s adorable in a way. 
    Realistic I'm afraid
  • They're not offering silly money for EOC. Our Owners can't resist any £££. There's a distinct difference between the two!
  • Oggy Red said:
    Best centre back by some distance leaving and people still think we're in for a good season next year. 

We have no money. For the likes of Wrexham to be able to sign our better players shows the level we're working at. 
    Best centre back until Ness got the shirt - and his competition was Lavelle and Inniss who he is marginally quicker than - not saying Hector is a good signing but think we're exaggerating how good O'Connell actually is.
    O'Connell is the ball playing CB signed to play Garnerball.

His distribution is generally very decent but he is not the quickest.
    Just maybe, just guessing ...... but maybe Holden doesn't see EOC as a good fit for the gameplan he wants the team to play?

I think you have hit the nail firmly on the head Oggy. If as you say O'Connell doesn't fit your game plan but is still part of the squad, so be it. but bugger me Wrexham give you a call and offer you money for a squad player who the club picked up for nothing, what you gonna do ? 
  • Losing EOC is really not the end of the world. He's hardly played despite being fit again for a month. We'll sign another centre back who may or may not be as good and the cycle will continue 
  • This is surely all part of a bigger plan for the summer and if that’s the case I’m all for it. 

The squad we have are now where good enough so if we can get rid and of the wage bill no complaints from me. 

Loans and short term contracts for much better players with some injury issues concerns gives us time to have a look at them and see if they earn a longer term deal.

If there is not a bigger plan then it would be worrying but I can’t see it. 
  • Penney played at CB on Saturday when Holden switched up tactics. Hector isn’t match fit, ludicrous to let EOC go for any other reason than to cash in. He’s also head and shoulders above Innis
  • Is Gallen still at the Club? After last summer’s deals?
  • mendonca said:
    They're not offering silly money for EOC. Our Owners can't resist any £££. There's a distinct difference between the two!
    What are they offering then Mendonca, please don't tease 
  • Sponsored links:

• Bailey said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Best centre back by some distance leaving and people still think we're in for a good season next year. 

We have no money. For the likes of Wrexham to be able to sign our better players shows the level we're working at. 
    Best centre back until Ness got the shirt - and his competition was Lavelle and Inniss who he is marginally quicker than - not saying Hector is a good signing but think we're exaggerating how good O'Connell actually is.

Just maybe, just guessing ...... but maybe Holden doesn't see EOC as a good fit for the gameplan he wants the team to play?

I think you have hit the nail firmly on the head Oggy. If as you say O'Connell doesn't fit your game plan but is still part of the squad, so be it. but bugger me Wrexham give you a call and offer you money for a squad player who the club picked up for nothing, what you gonna do ? 
    Is this the Holden who is only contracted to the end of the season ? 🙂

• Bailey said:
    mendonca said:
    They're not offering silly money for EOC. Our Owners can't resist any £££. There's a distinct difference between the two!

They're offering Charlton the chance of not paying him wages till 2025.

• Signing Michael Hector till the end of the season and selling O’Connell (who’s already signed up till 2025) is very bad business. 
    THIS. The lovely mix of short term cost cutting that definitely won't come back to bite us! 

Absolute madness.  
  • LTKapal said:
    I dont quite understand the need for a Ball playing defender in VNL quite frankly, Lavelle would be far better for the level imo.
    They probably won't be in it next season. If they've got the money and we're willing to sell it's a no brainer to go after O'Connell imo. 
  • mendonca said:
    Bailey said:
    mendonca said:

They're offering Charlton the chance of not paying him wages till 2025.

So you don't have knowledge of a fee then ?
  • Innis ain’t going nowhere. . . He’s at a kent cup game tonight 
  • The recent ‘leaked wages’ had O’Connell on peanuts. Perhaps he wants off?
  • Sponsored links:

• When the new owners take over are they going to change name of club to the loan fucking rangers
    what a shower of shit how any one thinks we are going to stay up with innis lavelle and a player that Wednesday wouldn’t sign because his not fit. I do not know. 
    Our best cb is a kid that has only a dozen first team appearances for us. 
  • Maybe O'Connell is one of the higher earners so the trimming continues. 
  • I don't think much of Gwion Edwards' stats. One goal and two assists in the previous League One campaign.
  • Bailey said:
    Oggy Red said:

Is this the Holden who is only contracted to the end of the season ? 🙂

There a contract in place if all parties are happy in the summer ..

• Uboat said:
    Wow. I mean, bless those of you putting a positive spin on this. It’s adorable in a way. 

Other than EOC going which of the players that have left did you want to keep ?

If Dobson, Ness, Leaburn are still here and Palace don't take back Rak Sakyi tonight then this is what so many people wanted.
    We were always only going to mainly bring in stop gaps to the end of season.

I agree I would rather O'Connell stay but if Andy Scott has any sense, then he will announce the fee we get for EOC because it must surely be above what he is worth as Wrexham lost the two CB in the cup ties and they need to be champions this year to guarantee League 2.

Of course we need new owners with ambition and bring in better players than leave in the summer or we will be stuck on the hamster wheel for ever and a day.

• Ben18 said:

Deadpool twat cant even spell You properly ;)