Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Hector is a very good player. How much he can play is another question.
    Not had a Club all season, not played a game, no reason to think that will change.
    Agree with you here, Large. Not exactly a player in a condition to hit the ground running.
    How long will it take to bring him up to speed?

How  many minutes in his first game before he tear a hamstring?

And then there's Gwion Edwards:

"Edwards, 29, has found himself out of favour at Wigan this season, making just two brief substitute appearances for the Championship strugglers.

Edwards has managed just 24 minutes in the Championship this season, with his last appearance coming in a brief cameo against Sunderland in December."

Another with barely any minutes this season.

• Scoham said:
    jbaker said:
    All this subject to EFL approval worries me. . .
    Cawley confirmed it’s a standard line and nothing to worry about.

Only comes into play when money involved ?
  • Scoham said:
    jbaker said:
    All this subject to EFL approval worries me. . .
    Cawley confirmed it’s a standard line and nothing to worry about.

Only comes into play when money involved ?
    No.
  • Given the situation at CB, my preference would be to keep EOC, but personally, I don’t think he looked all that prior to his injury.  He had a few okay games and I think that everyone thought he looked like a ‘great signing’ etc, but I think that he’s just a run of the mill league one CB.  

• edited January 2023
    Holden must be getting cheesed off….another manager being told that we are strengthening…more players out than in…and two of them are full backs 
    Is that the case? We've signed Kane, Hector, Penney, Bonne and Kilkenny and sent out Mac, McGrandles, JFC and Stockley. We needed full backs on both sides, we needed a striker and a better centre mid. We got rid of our third choice keeper, two midfielder who had about 5 league starts between them and a striker who scored one goal in open play and a penalty. If I was Holden at this exact moment I'd be feeling pretty alright
    Cmon... We always have the dramatic over-reactions during the Transfer Window...

Still remember the delight on here when the August Window closed 18-months ago and we'd signed Arter | Leko | Lavelle
  • Sponsored links:

• supaclive said:
    Anybody else waking up and smelling the coffee.
    Nonsense owner
    Nonsense takeover
    Nonsense "3 Billionaires"
    Waking up and smelling the coffee is a good thing. 
  • edited January 2023
    Despite my past cynicism, I think the squad is looking better, as a result of this window.

Of course, we always want better, but is anyone really sorry about those who have left?

Biggest worry is defence, where we looked really dodgy against Bolton and were lucky to get away with a 1-2 loss.

The lack of real quality signings is probably down to the ownership situation, which hopefully will get sorted in the summer.

Main thing is we stay in L1 and hope TS is bought out/sells out over the summer.

Could be worse !
  • why are the words "this transfer is subject to EFL approval" on the end of the articles on the official site re the last two signings
  • timken said:
    why are the words "this transfer is subject to EFL approval" on the end of the articles on the official site re the last two signings
    They've always been there. It's standard EFL procedure. Paperwork submitted, registrations approved, etc.
  • Holden hasn't started EOC since his return from injury, so maybe he doesn't rate him as much as the fans do?
  • Sponsored links:

• DDOUBLEE said:
    O'Connell leaving rather than Inniss/Lavelle is absolutely laughable.
    And replacing him with Hector.

I can categorically say that we've been lied to. Contracted players leaving & being replaced by injured & loanees.

Wait for meltdown when Dobson is sold at 11pm.  

I knew the optimistic Golfie wouldn't last more than a few days. 
  • Holden hasn't started EOC since his return from injury, so maybe he doesn't rate him as much as the fans do?
    And he rates Inniss?!!
  • This is going to be a mess at the end of the season. I am not feeling good about this reported takeover. Lowering costs is one thing but will we be able to put a team out the start of next season FFS ? TS has fcuked us worse than RD. 
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    O'Connell leaving rather than Inniss/Lavelle is absolutely laughable.
    And replacing him with Hector.

I can categorically say that we've been lied to. Contracted players leaving & being replaced by injured & loanees.

Wait for meltdown when Dobson is sold at 11pm.  

Who lied to us?
    Or maybe he know his gang were offloading? (If they do)
    Because Inniss wasn't fucking up. That all changed at the weekend so hopefully he stays and plays alongside Ness on Saturday
  • Hopeful the EOC rumour is one of those false ones put to raise concern at its potential, but then dampen other disappointments when it doesn’t. 

ie. At least EOC is still here 

He’s our best centre half, currently by some stretch. Offloading him would be ridiculous 
    The rest aint very good though are they 
  • What a worrying window this is turning out to be. Agree that there are players we need to shift but the replacements???