Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Best get thee last deals across the line soon... I don't want any last minute drama for once. 
  • Sheffield Wednesday have 58 points and are in an automatic promotion place, 4 points clear of 3rd place. Darren Moore wasn't sure if Michael Hector could come into a side and be up to speed to assist their push for promotion.

Charlton have 34 points and are in 15th place and are basically looking sideways despite hoping they can improve to have a top half finish. Hector could come in, get fitter over two weeks and cover mainly for Inniss who doesn't normally manager more than 15 games in a season ( other than this season !)

Give him a short contract to end of season than review it. Maybe in August Deji will be a better option and Ness is still here as well as O' Connell. Or new money has come in so the bar is raised. 🤞
  • If there are any Skips left over I'll snag them thanks. Is it fat coke or that Max stuff?
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Bailey said:
    supaclive said:
    We are SOOOOOO far in the shite for next season I can't see us being promotion material. 

Ipswich tried and failed
    Wigan succeeded only to be plummeting back down and in financial problems

Fuck my old boots 

League 1 promotion charge in 2025!
    I'm not sure how that can be concluded in January. 

I'm glad that the dead wood are going, the youngsters will be another year older and bigger and more suited for men's football. Very early to right of next season 
    Make you right, if Bonne stays a forward line of Kanu, Bonne and Leaburn wouldn't look too sad.
    Might get you mid table in League 2. Leaburn might get 12-15 goals but the other 2 wont get into double figures. 
    Golfie, whether you rate Bonne or not, he has got into double figures multiple times in his career including at and above our level. 

Can we stop saying 'double figures' like scoring 10 in League One is a good return for a striker
    It's a good return for a striker actually in League 1....like we are...
    It's a 46 game season!

Here's last season's top scorers: 

Keane - 26 goals
    Stewart - 24 goals
    May - 23 goals
    Stockton - 23 goals
    Taylor - 20 goals
    Twine - 20 goals
    Smith - 18 goals
    Gregory - 16 goals
    Hardie - 16 goals
    Vokes - 16 goals
    etc. etc. 

You have to go down 29 players until you even get to 10. 
    Yeah but 10 goals between now and the end of the season would be good double figures. and Bonne has done that when started regularly. 
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Bailey said:
    supaclive said:
    We are SOOOOOO far in the shite for next season I can't see us being promotion material. 

Ipswich tried and failed

Fuck my old boots 

I'm glad that the dead wood are going, the youngsters will be another year older and bigger and more suited for men's football. Very early to right of next season 
    Make you right, if Bonne stays a forward line of Kanu, Bonne and Leaburn wouldn't look too sad.
    Might get you mid table in League 2. Leaburn might get 12-15 goals but the other 2 wont get into double figures. 
    Golfie, whether you rate Bonne or not, he has got into double figures multiple times in his career including at and above our level. 

Can we stop saying 'double figures' like scoring 10 in League One is a good return for a striker
    It's a 46 game season!

Keane - 26 goals
    Stewart - 24 goals
    May - 23 goals
    Stockton - 23 goals
    Taylor - 20 goals
    Twine - 20 goals
    Smith - 18 goals
    Gregory - 16 goals
    Hardie - 16 goals
    Vokes - 16 goals
    etc. etc. 

How many of them have scored 20, or more goals, in league 1, twice?

I don't think the 6 that did had done it before and 4 of them certainly won't do it this season.

Last time I looked only Marquis and Billy Sharpe had scored 20+ league 1 goals twice in the last decade.  

I am not suggesting 10 is good by any means, but there is almost no such thing as a proven league 1 goal scorer, who will play in league 1.  Taylor and BWP had never done it before.
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Bailey said:
    supaclive said:

Ipswich tried and failed

Fuck my old boots 

It's a 46 game season!

Keane - 26 goals
    Stewart - 24 goals
    May - 23 goals
    Stockton - 23 goals
    Taylor - 20 goals
    Twine - 20 goals
    Smith - 18 goals
    Gregory - 16 goals
    Hardie - 16 goals
    Vokes - 16 goals
    etc. etc. 

If you a front three, I would suggest that in a promotion challenging side then those three should have a tally of near 40 goals between them for the season. Saki being our top scorer and hopefully staying fit will probably achieve his part in that, If Leaburn would have stayed fit, I think he would be close to Saki's final total. The problem was that the left side in Blackett Taylor/Kirk/Campbell/ are not goal scorers and we also had Stockley up front who can't play in that system. I think Kanu could play in that system, as could Leaburn, the question would be could that work with Bonne and will he still be here. 
  • edited January 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Bailey said:
    supaclive said:

Ipswich tried and failed

Fuck my old boots 

It's a 46 game season!

Keane - 26 goals
    Stewart - 24 goals
    May - 23 goals
    Stockton - 23 goals
    Taylor - 20 goals
    Twine - 20 goals
    Smith - 18 goals
    Gregory - 16 goals
    Hardie - 16 goals
    Vokes - 16 goals
    etc. etc. 

How many of them have scored 20, or more goals, in league 1, twice?

I don't think the 6 that did had done it before and 4 of them certainly won't do it this season.

Last time I looked only Marquis and Billy Sharpe had scored 20+ league 1 goals twice in the last decade.  

I am not suggesting 10 is good by any means, but there is almost no such thing as a proven league 1 goal scorer, who will play in league 1.  Taylor and BWP had never done it before.
    I'm not sure how to reply because I think perhaps you're replying to a point you think I was making that I wasn't. But I'm not sure what that supposed point was. Perhaps it was about Bonne? All I was saying is that 10 is not a good return in this league. 

Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Bailey said:
    supaclive said:

Ipswich tried and failed

Fuck my old boots 

It's a 46 game season!

Keane - 26 goals
    Stewart - 24 goals
    May - 23 goals
    Stockton - 23 goals
    Taylor - 20 goals
    Twine - 20 goals
    Smith - 18 goals
    Gregory - 16 goals
    Hardie - 16 goals
    Vokes - 16 goals
    etc. etc. 

Yeah but 10 goals between now and the end of the season would be good double figures. and Bonne has done that when started regularly. 
    You sound like you want to make a bet with someone there Daz. Careful, Mac has lost you money before!
  • Hector is a very good player. How much he can play is another question.
    Not had a Club all season, not played a game, no reason to think that will change.
  • Gwion Edwards ?????
  • Mates just told me Gwion Edwards is one we are trying to bring in. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Hector doesn't have to be done today as he's a free agent. I would imagine he would be to cover for Ryan Inniss who has already passed his normal amount of games in a season. 

The Palace 20 year old forward Luke Plange has gone to Lincoln on loan, so any other name in the frame from the ITK's ?
    Someone suggested earlier Inniss leaving.
  • edited January 2023
    Chunes said:
    Bailey said:
    supaclive said:

Ipswich tried and failed

Fuck my old boots 

When did I say it was a ‘good return for a striker’? I amongst other individuals were just pointing out another silly statement that Golfie made.

However whilst we are on this theme about goals scored and considering it seems to be an obsession with certain sections of the fan base:

This is where in the table we are for goals scored:

This is where we are in the table for games failed to score in:

This is where we are in the table for goals conceded:

This is where we are in the table for clean sheets kept:

Now do you think our problem is that we have players who are only capable of the double figures in league one which is not a good return for a striker?
  • Come on stato's what do we know about Gwion Edwards ?
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Hector would be a strange one… Wednesday fans in the comments don’t seem happy at all that he isn’t signing back for them and they’re going for autos. He’s either looking for something down south, horrendously unfit, or both. Hopefully it’s just the former
    That's a tough one. But I have a horrible feeling I know which one it is. And it isn't the fact he wants to live in Blackheath or Dulwich or Richmond. 
  • O'Connell to Wrexham???? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't see the point of signing Hector based on the many comments on here, not played a game all season/ and no club all season, two choices, either there is more to this assumption than we think, and he has kept himself fit, if  not match fit, or it is a long term signing looking towards next season🤷‍♂️
  • Clucking Bell, everyone is leaving .......well almost 
  • Lavelle or O'Connell?? Not sure who has their wires crossed here.

• I bet even Golfie is excited now........well mildly interested anyway
  • Scoham said:
    RedRobin said:

Winger and ticks the ex Ipswich box ✅ 
    Kirk replacement !?
  • Swisdom said:
    Hector doesn't have to be done today as he's a free agent. I would imagine he would be to cover for Ryan Inniss who has already passed his normal amount of games in a season. 

The Palace 20 year old forward Luke Plange has gone to Lincoln on loan, so any other name in the frame from the ITK's ?
    I’m all out of names now sadly.  We couldn’t “force” Luke Plange through clearly
    Reyes Cleary.
  • Scoham said:
    RedRobin said:

Winger and ticks the ex Ipswich box ✅ 
    Kirk replacement !?

Yup would replace Kirk.