Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Oggy Red said:
    So far, with just 6 and a half hours to go we have just 2 fit strikers on our books. 

We aren't getting anyone decent in are we  ??  And by decent I mean who has actually scored more goals this season than they have fingers on their right hand. 

Your obsession with strikers when we are in the top 6 for goals scored, but right down the bottom for goals conceded and clean sheets is so weird.

Golfie's favourite game was against top of the league Cardiff a few seasons ago ...... 2-0 down to win 5-4.

He got to see an unlikely Charlton win, 9 goals and even a 'double Golfie'. :smile:

Cardiff scored the first two goals, Cafc then scored 5 and the Welsh side scored two goals in added time to make it 5-4. From memory I thought JJ came on as a sub ?

In my top 10 games of the 1k+ games I have seen of Charlton. 
    I was following on twitter on a balcony in Turkey.
  • If clearing dead wood is the plan then proper recruit in the summer I'm fine with that. Happy to see those having left are gone. Hope they won't be back. Not convinced the loans out are likely to come back better, but can't imagine anyone that gives them a trial, will want to buy them or make permanent. 
    Exact same thing was said this time last year & guess what, we didn't strengthen in the summer.

Same old same old and I bet my bottom dollar the squad will be worse on Sept 1st. Mark my words.
  • Bailey said:
    supaclive said:
    We are SOOOOOO far in the shite for next season I can't see us being promotion material. 

Ipswich tried and failed
    Wigan succeeded only to be plummeting back down and in financial problems

Fuck my old boots 

League 1 promotion charge in 2025!
    I'm not sure how that can be concluded in January. 

I'm glad that the dead wood are going, the youngsters will be another year older and bigger and more suited for men's football. Very early to right of next season 
    Make you right, if Bonne stays a forward line of Kanu, Bonne and Leaburn wouldn't look too sad.
    Might get you mid table in League 2. Leaburn might get 12-15 goals but the other 2 wont get into double figures. 
  • Bailey said:
    supaclive said:
    We are SOOOOOO far in the shite for next season I can't see us being promotion material. 

Ipswich tried and failed

Fuck my old boots 

I'm glad that the dead wood are going, the youngsters will be another year older and bigger and more suited for men's football. Very early to right of next season 
    Make you right, if Bonne stays a forward line of Kanu, Bonne and Leaburn wouldn't look too sad.
    Might get you mid table in League 2. Leaburn might get 12-15 goals but the other 2 wont get into double figures. 
    Golfie, whether you rate Bonne or not, he has got into double figures multiple times in his career including at and above our level. 

• If clearing dead wood is the plan then proper recruit in the summer I'm fine with that. Happy to see those having left are gone. Hope they won't be back. Not convinced the loans out are likely to come back better, but can't imagine anyone that gives them a trial, will want to buy them or make permanent. 
    Exact same thing was said this time last year & guess what, we didn't strengthen in the summer.

Same old same old and I bet my bottom dollar the squad will be worse on Sept 1st. Mark my words.
    How can we tell if the squad is worse on Sept 1st? - Amazes me the hindsight posters have on here, surely the time to judge a squad is based on where it finishes a season, not where it starts?
    Yep......getting relegated sure tells you how good your squad was.

Ye gods. Havent you learnt anything from the past few years. 

We are progressively getting worse, not better. 

• So we're in the top 6 for goals scored, pretty much everybody agrees those players will only improve between now and next season, yet at least 2 posters are openly saying that forward line can't possibly get us promoted next season.

What am I missing?
  • Bailey said:
    supaclive said:

Ipswich tried and failed

Fuck my old boots 

Bonne has been in double figures twice in the last few years, once in the league above so where are you pulling that statement from? 

I admit we’d need another to go with those 2 though. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Lots of rumours about who's signed (Hector), who's gone (Kirk, Thomas/Lavelle), but nothing on official site. 
    I was hoping that we would bring in a good quality replacement for Stockley, I think it's very
    dangerous relying on just Bonne and Leaburn as our two main strikers, you certainly can't count on Aneke!  

Those social media introductory videos take time. Some intern is busy looking for Hector's House videos on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/ICfzqE7d9xg
    Already says Charlton on Wiki
  • edited January 2023
    Hector doesn't have to be done today as he's a free agent. I would imagine he would be to cover for Ryan Inniss who has already passed his normal amount of games in a season. 

The Palace 20 year old forward Luke Plange has gone to Lincoln on loan, so any other name in the frame from the ITK's ?
  • edited January 2023
    Bailey said:
    supaclive said:

Ipswich tried and failed

Fuck my old boots 

Bonne has reached double figures in both the championship and league 1. I really don't get the hate for him on here. I get that he isn't messi but then again, Charlton aren't Barcelona.
    No hate from me. Just don't think he's that good. Certainly not 20 goal a season good. Same for the rest of our strikers. Our top goal scorer is JRS.....a winger.....on loan. Wont be here next season so that's one goalscorer that needs to be replaced. And we didnt replace Washington. And Aneke cant be relied upon. 

• Fits the profile. Had more clubs than I've had hot dinners and been shit at pretty much each and every one of them.

Welcome!
    And his last manager (Darren Moore) said he wasnt fit enough.

Will suit us perfectly. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Lots of rumours about who's signed (Hector), who's gone (Kirk, Thomas/Lavelle), but nothing on official site. 
    I was hoping that we would bring in a good quality replacement for Stockley, I think it's very
    dangerous relying on just Bonne and Leaburn as our two main strikers, you certainly can't count on Aneke!  

Those social media introductory videos take time. Some intern is busy looking for Hector's House videos on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/ICfzqE7d9xg
    Just scrolled down and ran into that photo of a dog and a cat. Strangest and funniest thing I've seen on a Deadline Day thread on CL ever, and there's been some classics.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hector won't be when he meets our medical team. 
  • Chunes said:
    Bailey said:
    supaclive said:

Ipswich tried and failed

Fuck my old boots 

Golfie, whether you rate Bonne or not, he has got into double figures multiple times in his career including at and above our level. 

Can we stop saying 'double figures' like scoring 10 in League One is a good return for a striker
    It's a good return for a striker actually in League 1....like we are...
  • Seeing as we love raiding swindon, id love to see us steal Jacob Wakeling, decent young prospect.
  • Hector would be a strange one… Wednesday fans in the comments don’t seem happy at all that he isn’t signing back for them and they’re going for autos. He’s either looking for something down south, horrendously unfit, or both. Hopefully it’s just the former
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Hector would be a strange one… Wednesday fans in the comments don’t seem happy at all that he isn’t signing back for them and they’re going for autos. He’s either looking for something down south, horrendously unfit, or both. Hopefully it’s just the former
    Inevitable that he'll be unfit and injury prone if we sign him - sounds ideal.
  • edited January 2023
    Chunes said:
    Bailey said:
    supaclive said:

Ipswich tried and failed

Fuck my old boots 

Can we stop saying 'double figures' like scoring 10 in League One is a good return for a striker
    It's a good return for a striker actually in League 1....like we are...
    It's a 46 game season!

Here's last season's top scorers: 

Keane - 26 goals
    Stewart - 24 goals
    May - 23 goals
    Stockton - 23 goals
    Taylor - 20 goals
    Twine - 20 goals
    Smith - 18 goals
    Gregory - 16 goals
    Hardie - 16 goals
    Vokes - 16 goals
    etc. etc. 

You have to go down 29 players until you even get to 10. 
  • We are so clever when signing our free transfers on the tip of deadline day....they never need to complete on actual day so can miss a few training sessions too if fancy, such is our professionalism.

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Has there been any mention of "a deal sheet"?  Just need that for my transfer deadline day bingo....
    No deal sheets in the EFL!!! 
  • Hector doesn't have to be done today as he's a free agent. I would imagine he would be to cover for Ryan Inniss who has already passed his normal amount of games in a season. 

The Palace 20 year old forward Luke Plange has gone to Lincoln on loan, so any other name in the frame from the ITK's ?
    I’m all out of names now sadly.  We couldn’t “force” Luke Plange through clearly