Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• MarcusH26 said:
    Scoham said:
    RedRobin said:

Winger and ticks the ex Ipswich box ✅ 
    Kirk replacement !?

Yup would replace Kirk. 
    Have Kirk gone yet?
  • edited January 2023
    Confused by this one. All I can think is that perhaps O'Connell isn't Holden's kind of player and that Ness has stepped ahead of him in the pecking order. But he's still a lot better than Lavelle and I can't imagine he's very expensive, having come from L2. 
  • Wrexham fans saying they're in for Lavelle
    Your not allowed to mention Wrexham fans on here.
  • Wow maybe him and thomas are both off then

if thats the case even with hector coming in we would need one more!
  • O’Connell to Wrexham WTAFF - deliver us Vic Flange and pass me my medicine…
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Scoham said:
    RedRobin said:

Winger and ticks the ex Ipswich box ✅ 
    Kirk replacement !?

Yup would replace Kirk. 
    Have Kirk gone yet?

Not officially but Cawley reckoned before lunchtime it was as good as done 
  • Might actually be a busy 5 hours.
  • I’ll be gutted if Eoghan goes but money talks & I bet Wrecsam can probably offer better £ 😞
  • Sponsored links:

• We are now a feeder club for Wrexham 🙄
    Let’s hope Mr Dangerfield is up to it this time then.
  • Would not be impressed if O’Connell goes. Hardly been here but he’s a good player at League One level.

What happens when shit owners don’t give managers long enough in positions at football clubs 
  • What the fuck????!
    This is ridiculous 
    Two centre halves out
    One, unfit one in

We literally have ZERO money
    Let’s hope Mr Dangerfield is up to it this time then.
    Oh ffs !! Has anyone shown him how to use the fax machine ?
  • Chunes said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Bailey said:
    supaclive said:
    We are SOOOOOO far in the shite for next season I can't see us being promotion material. 

Ipswich tried and failed
    Wigan succeeded only to be plummeting back down and in financial problems

Fuck my old boots 

League 1 promotion charge in 2025!
    I'm not sure how that can be concluded in January. 

I'm glad that the dead wood are going, the youngsters will be another year older and bigger and more suited for men's football. Very early to right of next season 
    Make you right, if Bonne stays a forward line of Kanu, Bonne and Leaburn wouldn't look too sad.
    Might get you mid table in League 2. Leaburn might get 12-15 goals but the other 2 wont get into double figures. 
    Golfie, whether you rate Bonne or not, he has got into double figures multiple times in his career including at and above our level. 

Can we stop saying 'double figures' like scoring 10 in League One is a good return for a striker
    It's a good return for a striker actually in League 1....like we are...
    It's a 46 game season!

Here's last season's top scorers: 

Keane - 26 goals
    Stewart - 24 goals
    May - 23 goals
    Stockton - 23 goals
    Taylor - 20 goals
    Twine - 20 goals
    Smith - 18 goals
    Gregory - 16 goals
    Hardie - 16 goals
    Vokes - 16 goals
    etc. etc. 

You have to go down 29 players until you even get to 10. 
    How many of them have scored 20, or more goals, in league 1, twice?

I don't think the 6 that did had done it before and 4 of them certainly won't do it this season.

Last time I looked only Marquis and Billy Sharpe had scored 20+ league 1 goals twice in the last decade.  

I am not suggesting 10 is good by any means, but there is almost no such thing as a proven league 1 goal scorer, who will play in league 1.  Taylor and BWP had never done it before.
    I'm not sure how to reply because I think perhaps you're replying to a point you think I was making that I wasn't. But I'm not sure what that supposed point was. Perhaps it was about Bonne? All I was saying is that 10 is not a good return in this league. 

Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Bailey said:
    supaclive said:
    We are SOOOOOO far in the shite for next season I can't see us being promotion material. 

Ipswich tried and failed
    Wigan succeeded only to be plummeting back down and in financial problems

Fuck my old boots 

League 1 promotion charge in 2025!
    I'm not sure how that can be concluded in January. 

I'm glad that the dead wood are going, the youngsters will be another year older and bigger and more suited for men's football. Very early to right of next season 
    Make you right, if Bonne stays a forward line of Kanu, Bonne and Leaburn wouldn't look too sad.
    Might get you mid table in League 2. Leaburn might get 12-15 goals but the other 2 wont get into double figures. 
    Golfie, whether you rate Bonne or not, he has got into double figures multiple times in his career including at and above our level. 

Can we stop saying 'double figures' like scoring 10 in League One is a good return for a striker
    It's a good return for a striker actually in League 1....like we are...
    It's a 46 game season!

Here's last season's top scorers: 

Keane - 26 goals
    Stewart - 24 goals
    May - 23 goals
    Stockton - 23 goals
    Taylor - 20 goals
    Twine - 20 goals
    Smith - 18 goals
    Gregory - 16 goals
    Hardie - 16 goals
    Vokes - 16 goals
    etc. etc. 

You have to go down 29 players until you even get to 10. 
    Yeah but 10 goals between now and the end of the season would be good double figures. and Bonne has done that when started regularly. 
    You sound like you want to make a bet with someone there Daz. Careful, Mac has lost you money before!
    Sorry it was more of rhetorical question and adding to your point.

My main point is that you can't buy a 20 goal a season league 1 striker because they don't exist.  They are either one season wonders or become championship players and that was aimed at Golfie, not you.  

I think someone of a similar standard to Bonne could score 20ish goals if they played the majority of the minutes, in a system that suits them.  I think Stockley would have done last season if he had played more games AND we had played two up top all season, for example.
  • Wow maybe him and thomas are both off then

if thats the case even with hector coming in we would need one more!
    Management probably see Inniss, Lavelle, Hector and Ness as good enough. Which every single fan of the club knows isn't...
  • Looks like we’re very much seeing the ‘trimming’ DH spoke of.
  • If the Wrexham fans are convinced they’re in for Lavelle, it sounds like crossed wires to do with O’Connell. He is obscenely too good for the conference.
  • Cawley not denied EOC to Wrexham.

• Sponsored links:

• edited January 2023
    Cost cutting at its finest.

Holden has said we might be a bit heavy in a few places. Let's hope he gets go bring in players he wants into other weaker areas.
  • Hector & Edwards in would be good business 

Kirk, Lavelle & Thomas out hopefully.

Would be gutted to lose EOC 
  • Sandgaard reaching for that impossible break even number?
  • Given that he's 27 and not 29, I don't know that this is based in reality. Letting Thomas go makes a sort of sense, even if I'd rather we let Lavelle go. But I would argue O'Connell is our best CB, and I thought Inniss was really poor on Saturday and I'd like to see O'Connell come back I to the side. Plus he's our vice captain. 
  • Could also be personal reasons he wants to move up north too
  • Hector done deal official
  • Hector signs
  • The way this deadline day is going, gonna be difficult to keep tabs on who's actually left at the club and has anyone who can actually play come in...will be a late night...😴