Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    O'Connell leaving rather than Inniss/Lavelle is absolutely laughable.
    And replacing him with Hector.

I can categorically say that we've been lied to. Contracted players leaving & being replaced by injured & loanees.

Wait for meltdown when Dobson is sold at 11pm.  

Who lied to us?
    Andy Scott.

Said players would come in and then they would address if players who were surplus to requirements could leave.

But more are leaving than arriving & we are bringing in loans & letting under contract players leave permanently. 

IF  EOC or Lavelle leave then we are weaker. Maybe not now but definitely in the summer. Yet another "rebuild" and the recent ones havent gone well. 6 loanees go back & short term deals like Bonne & Hector leave. 

Would need 10-12 new players in the summer. Like we did last summer. And remind me how that went & where we are in the League currently. 

Yes, call me negative but I'm not wrong.  
    Apart from O'Connell leaving today isn't this what the majority of fans have wanted for months?

Deadwood players, who have proven time and time again they cant hack it for us, looking at the table

The summer was always going to be another rebuild

Still want it to happen in the summer rather than January, this month is the time of year where players no one wants become available
    Yes, but it wont happen in the summer either. 
    Possibly not... We'll have to wait and see... O'Connell leaving doesnt fill me with confidence
  • How can anyone sit here and say  they are  happy with what’s going on ??? We have been here before. Selling players and getting frees and loans back on a short term contract until the end of the season. Wake up and smell the coffee 
    This.

At least someone else on here agrees with me.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    DDOUBLEE said:

I can categorically say that we've been lied to. Contracted players leaving & being replaced by injured & loanees.

Who lied to us?
    Andy Scott.

Said players would come in and then they would address if players who were surplus to requirements could leave.

But more are leaving than arriving & we are bringing in loans & letting under contract players leave permanently. 

IF  EOC or Lavelle leave then we are weaker. Maybe not now but definitely in the summer. Yet another "rebuild" and the recent ones havent gone well. 6 loanees go back & short term deals like Bonne & Hector leave. 

Would need 10-12 new players in the summer. Like we did last summer. And remind me how that went & where we are in the League currently. 

Currently 5 in 4 out. It's looking like maybe Hector in and EOC out and Edwards in Kirk out but only one of those has actually happened. That's still more in than out, and that doesn't even take into account the fact that the issue isn't numbers, it's balance. We had 3 first team goalkeepers! Do you want us to replace MacGillivray or we've had a bad window? We aren't weaker if Lavelle goes, we currenly have 6 first team centre backs, which for a team playing with 4 at the back is insane.
  • Scoham said:
    jbaker said:
    All this subject to EFL approval worries me. . .
    Cawley confirmed it’s a standard line and nothing to worry about.

Only comes into play when money involved ?

All transfers and loans are processed through TMS (Transfer Matching System) and it relies on identical information being entered at both ends for the deal to be rubber stamped and signed off.  Not usually a big deal for domestic transfers (DTMS) but very important with players from a different football association (ITMS) where the names can be mixed around and this can have visa implications.

The EFL will verify all records before approving - hence the term "EFL Approval"
  • Either a 2bob owner who has no fucking clue what they are doing is very close, or Sandgaard is asset stripping to fund this season. Selling EoC would be ridiculous.
  • sam3110 said:
    Holden hasn't started EOC since his return from injury, so maybe he doesn't rate him as much as the fans do?
    Because Inniss wasn't fucking up. That all changed at the weekend so hopefully he stays and plays alongside Ness on Saturday
    Because Inniss and Ness have done very well together over the past month 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    DDOUBLEE said:

Who lied to us?
    Andy Scott.

Its easier to bring players in when summer arrives as contracts are finished. My concern is at what level we pitch at, last year we raided the second division and it sat us just outside the bottom four, not really a surprise. We have to wait an see Golfie, nobody is sure about the takeover or their intentions if it happens, we just have to wait and see. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Best centre back by some distance leaving and people still think we're in for a good season next year. 

We have no money. For the likes of Wrexham to be able to sign our better players shows the level we're working at. 
    Best centre back until Ness got the shirt - and his competition was Lavelle and Inniss who he is marginally quicker than - not saying Hector is a good signing but think we're exaggerating how good O'Connell actually is.
  • Wrexham must be offering silly money 

Both their CB got injured the weekend so they’re desperate as well
    Perhaps they are taking both O Connell and Lavelle? :smile:

• supaclive said:
    Remember him @ Peterborough, is a very good playmaker type Midfielder if I remember rightly - However had a few injury issues whilst at Ipswich if my memory serves me correctly... Might be able to get the player of old out of him, may well get someone who is a shadow of their former selves
  • I actually think we've done good business this month.  Managed to get rid of some of the underachieving, high earning dross & strengthened in other areas. The balance of the squad looks much better to me than it did at the start of the month.

I'm clearly in the minority though!!
    The balance looks better but Penney looked less than average last weekend, Hector hasn’t played a competitive game all season, Edwards has played 24 minutes all season. Expect the medical department to be even busier than they are. Better balanced squad but not sure the quality has improved much.

In the summer we will have about six contracted senior players and relying again on injured freebies and loans. Nothing will change. We are going to be a long time in League One.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    DDOUBLEE said:

Who lied to us?
    Andy Scott.

Apart from O'Connell leaving today isn't this what the majority of fans have wanted for months?

Deadwood players, who have proven time and time again they cant hack it for us, looking at the table

The summer was always going to be another rebuild

Still want it to happen in the summer rather than January, this month is the time of year where players no one wants become available
    Yes, but it wont happen in the summer either. 
    How do you know?  It certainly won't happen if Thomas and Hamish are still in charge but I don't think that is likely.
  • EOC to Wrexham... WTF
  • Sponsored links:

• Looks like a fire sale. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Dobson or Leaburn sold if any half decent offer comes in
  • I dont quite understand the need for a Ball playing defender in VNL quite frankly, Lavelle would be far better for the level imo.
  • Best centre back by some distance leaving and people still think we're in for a good season next year. 

We have no money. For the likes of Wrexham to be able to sign our better players shows the level we're working at. 
    Best centre back until Ness got the shirt - and his competition was Lavelle and Inniss who he is marginally quicker than - not saying Hector is a good signing but think we're exaggerating how good O'Connell actually is.
    O'Connell is the ball playing CB signed to play Garnerball.

His distribution is generally very decent but he is not the quickest.
    Just maybe, just guessing ...... but maybe Holden doesn't see EOC as a good fit for the gameplan he wants the team to play?

• Not best pleased about losing EOC
  • Signing Michael Hector till the end of the season and selling O’Connell (who’s already signed up till 2025) is very bad business. 
    Perhaps not if you're Thomas Sandgaard lowering costs.