Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Looking forward to TS’ quote on EOC transfer to Wrexham, seeing as he loves to comment on every incoming transfer. 

The only satisfactory explanation is player wanted to move back up north 
  • Chunes said:
    Why have we let EOC go? You can say what you like about him but he is NOT deadwood
    The spin some people are putting on this sale is mind-blowing. 

Selling our best centre back to a team in non-league because they offer more money than us in League One? 

People have far too much faith in our atrocious summer transfer windows and the recruitment team. 

Im not putting spin on it, im just trying to make sense of it.

The obvious answer being that they've offered silly money to him and potentially us. Its fucking shocking state of affairs but its where we are.

Zero faith in anything associated with Charltons dealings.
  • edited January 2023
    Currently we've shifted off players that have become expensive squad players for cheaper (assumedly) squad players, apart from O'Connell.

Added balance with a LB and have taken a step back with the forward situation (still time to fix that....) 

It's not a promotion push window by any stretch but we never were going up anyway.

Not amazing, average. 

The players in today and the one rumour are all lacking match fitness though, which, is a concern given how utterly shite we are with keeping players fit.
  • How many players do we have out of contract at the end of this season? Feels like we're gonna need a total rebuild again and I have no faith in Martin/Thomas Sandgaard being able to pull it off successfully 
  • I once worked with a bloke who was a Coventry City supporter. He vowed he would never go again if they sold Gary McSheffrey. They did & he kept his word. Never went again.

Now I'm not quite in that mould at the moment but certainly thinking about not going much anymore this season & certainly not buying a ST next..........unless in the summer money is spent & we actually BUY players that will improve us & make us stronger.
    No you’re right you’re not in the mould. You’ve banged on multiple times recently on how you were done and not going to back and yet here we are.

Where as it’s sad to lose supporters, and I can completely understand if the long lows and bad times do not counter the rare good. 

However if you’re going to go then just do, and stop banging on about it on here every time you’re not pleased with what’s going on. 
  • Sponsored links:

• How many players do we have out of contract at the end of this season? Feels like we're gonna need a total rebuild again and I have no faith in Martin/Thomas Sandgaard being able to pull it off successfully 
    If anyone can pull it off and suckseed it's a *anker like him
  • I think a visit to the west stand next home Game is needed had enough of all this shit

• By 11pm tonight Holden will have a squad more suited to the way he wants to play .. it’s his call . 
    By that you mean smaller and one which disappears in the summer 
  • Just jumped 10 pages, to catch up, have I missed much?
    And I think here lies the whole key to everything.

If a genuine takeover does happen, it is much easier for the new owners to start again (ala Wigan last year) than it is to have a bloated squad already close to the wage limit.
  • CK confirmed on loan to Burton for the rest of the season. 
  • I didnt want him to go but fucking hell, the meltdown on here.

They have more money to offer him and at the end of the day, that is the key! 

Players come and go...get on with it.
  • Sponsored links:

• I once worked with a bloke who was a Coventry City supporter. He vowed he would never go again if they sold Gary McSheffrey. They did & he kept his word. Never went again.

Now I'm not quite in that mould at the moment but certainly thinking about not going much anymore this season & certainly not buying a ST next..........unless in the summer money is spent & we actually BUY players that will improve us & make us stronger.
    If you don’t buy an ST, can you do us all a massive favour and leave CL as well ?

Asking for (lots of) friends….
    No, I'll post on here twice as much just to piss you off.
    Well you can only post on here from a position of knowledge i.e. by watching matches, and giving your opinion (never seen a 100% positive post BTW, just saying….)

🤷

It don’t piss me off by the way, just makes you a target - I reckon you could be invited to a 3some with 2 of the most gorgeous women we could imagine, and you would moan about the colour of the bedsheets (pre coitus, before anyone says anything)

• mart77 said:
    Bailey said:
    I'm assuming that nearly everyone on here would drop Lucas Ness for the next game and would have played O'Connell instead. 
    I think most would have dropped Innis
    I think that both those players have bought into Holden's ethos of bodies on the line, yes Innis makes a bad mistake but if it wasn't for Ness, Innis and Maynard Brewer Bolton would have been out of sight by half time. 
    They won’t be in charge … 
  • Chunes said:
    Why have we let EOC go? You can say what you like about him but he is NOT deadwood
    No and now he's Hollywood. 
  • it's not a good sign, and im not thrilled about it for the same reasons as everyone else - but considering I've been thinking all day that the inevitable and traditional Charlton deadline day gut punch was gonna be Dobson or Leaburn going i'm actually ok if it's just EOC to be honest.