Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023

Comments

• I don't think it would have been that soft. The defender has been quite clever in that she's already got her forearm up against Daly's neck before she hits her, but in the end it's still off the ball contact into the back of Daly's head with her arm up. Refs will always tell defenders to keep their arms down and give fouls if they don't, doesn't feel like VAR needed to get involved there. It's one of those where you'd be annoyed if it was given against you, sure, but I don't think VAR needs to intervene there to tell the ref she's got it wrong. I remain confused by the ones that aren't reviewed at all, like the stonewall Panama pen against China, and the ones where the ref is told a penalty that you could put down to a ref's call gets pulled back
  • I haven’t watched much women’s football, but this is a really decent match 
  • edited August 2023
    Nigeria with their professional players are a much better version of Haiti who we only beat 1-0.
    Lucy heavy touch Bronze needed to do better with that one, two.

Nigeria ahead on points but luckily still 0-0

• Looked like a penalty to me. Much more contact than just contact. 
    Definitely a shove. 
  • Got to up our game or they will be flying home. 
  • Take two, Joe Currie. Gasp not grasp.
  • England have been turgid. Walsh certainly is the best in the world at knocking it out to the full-back
  • Leuth said:
    England have been turgid. Walsh certainly is the best in the world at knocking it out to the full-back
    Yep, pretty poor from us so far. 
  • Very poor so far from England 
    couldn’t argue if Nigeria had the lead by now 
  • Needed Daly on the end of that good cross by Greenwood.
  • Sponsored links:

• These commentators are absolutely unbearable
  • This has been a painful watch
  • TEL said:
    Cloudworm said:
    any streams for people overseas?

Optus sport if you want to pay 
    Free to air for NZ
  • When the Mexican wave starts you know how the game has been 
  • shirty5 said:
    When the Mexican wave starts you know how the game has been 
    Should still execute everyone in the stadium, and the broadcast producers for showing it, just to be safe
  • Can get 9/4 Nigeria to qualify 
  • James is starting to get into it a bit more now but it's been frustrating to watch her getting marked out of the game and us bypassing the two quality midfielders we have free. Stanway and Walsh should be dictating this but they're peripheral so far. We keep playing balls over the top but these Nigerian defenders are quick and strong so Russo and Hemp are struggling to hold onto anything in the final third. Hemp in particular is struggling with being outmuscled. I wonder if we'd be better off bringing on Beth England and letting her scrap with some of these defenders and letting James run the channel instead
  • No way Nigeria are the 40th ranked woman’s team in the World on this performance 
  • TELTEL
    edited August 2023
    England will go out out at this rate. No spark. 
    As good as James was against China, she has been equally as bad tonight. Cue she scores.  
  • Nigeria's defence, which don't get me wrong has been good, has a mistake in them, is probably what will decide this
  • Sponsored links:

• No way Nigeria are the 40th ranked woman’s team in the World on this performance 
    Rankings make no sense...
  • Stanway having an absolute stinker. Get her off I beg
  • we look very tired. 
  • I don’t follow women’s football closely enough to be knowledgeable about it but I can’t quite understand how the England team has regressed quite so much since last year. Injuries and retirements for sure but this is light years away from the performances of last summer (albeit they were at home). 
  • At least Daly got on the end of that corner.

• I don’t follow women’s football closely enough to be knowledgeable about it but I can’t quite understand how the England team has regressed quite so much since last year. Injuries and retirements for sure but this is light years away from the performances of last summer (albeit they were at home). 
    Isn't there something like 6 players missing from the team that started the final last year? It's basically a different team.
  • 'Super stop'?  Was right at her, she could have stayed still and it would have hit her.
  • Going to have to come from a set piece I think, we've not had any ideas of how to play around their defence, Nigeria have been really well organised and strong at the back.
    Isn't there something like 6 players missing from the team that started the final last year? It's basically a different team.
    Five, I think.