Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023

Comments

• Options
    US have brought Lynn Blackett-Taylor on to ruin the Swedish left-back
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    US have brought Lynn Blackett-Taylor on to ruin the Swedish left-back
    Can I add that giving your outrageously fast, tricky winger the number 6 shirt is maybe the worst shirt-number crime I've ever seen? @Garrymanilow you gotta see this
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Great save by the Swede

Musovic has been excellent and Chelsea's keeper has kept the Swedish team in this KO match.
    Her family moved from Bosnia because of the issues with Serbia to Sweden when she was young.
  • Options
    Musovic has been world class. 

Rapinoe is past it. Massively 
  • Options
    Penalty takers coming on in last minute.
  • Options
    I said 50/50 and despite the USA being the most proactive team a stalemate ensued.

Can Musovic be the heroine in the penalty shoot out like she was during the match 🤞
  • Options
    From the sublime to the ridiculous!
  • Options
    Get in !
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Never seen a shootout end like that!
  • Options
    Christ that was absolutely thrilling. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wow. That would have been one of the best penalty saves I have seen. What was that - 1cm over the line ? 
  • Options
    Unbelievable, Jeff.

What was that - a couple of millimeters?
  • Options
    Football. Bloody hell.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    To the naked eye that wasn't over.

Musovic wasn't the star of the shoot out but she was the reason the better team lost.

Football can be a cruel game.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    MrOneLung said:
    Wow. That would have been one of the best penalty saves I have seen. What was that - 1cm over the line ? 
    I think it might have been 1mm. Couldn't be given a goal without technology. USA reminded me a bit of England before the tournament. Actually scoring was too difficult. If they gained confidence they could have been very dangerous.
  • Options
    No way was that ball definitely over the line within the margin of error of the system. 

And the rule is that it's only a goal if it's definitely over the line. 

Probably was but that's not good enough!
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Is there a margin of error with goal line technology? Serious question.
  • Options
    Is there a margin of error with goal line technology? Serious question.
    If you aren't happy with the outcome there is a massive margin of error.  Otherwise negligible.
  • Options
    Is a keeper allowed to save the ball twice? If not, also a reason to retake the penalty worst case. US fans will bang on about it being unfair, but they should have done more to win in regulation time. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    If say there is a 5mm margin of error that ball was not definitely over the line but I suppose the technology has no bias and if you are using it you have to go by it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BalladMan said:
    Is a keeper allowed to save the ball twice? If not, also a reason to retake the penalty worst case. US fans will bang on about it being unfair, but they should have done more to win in regulation time. 
    The keeper is allowed to stop the ball going in however they can without moving off the line before the kick is taken. The taker can't take two kicks though.
  • Options
    There didn't seem to even be a pixel between the ball and the line in my tv.

But maybe the technology.is better but I would say there was less than a millimetre in it.

• Options
    The USA snatched defeat from the Jaws of Victory with two goes at scoring a penalty to win.

My son was at this match and it was his 7th game in Aussie and New Zealand on his working holiday.
  • Options
    I'm guessing they have the ability to zoom right in, and surely the software can determine if there is a gap? Or is it just some bloke with a big tv?
  • Options
     I thought I saw a minute gap on the tv
  • Options
    I'm guessing they have the ability to zoom right in, and surely the software can determine if there is a gap? Or is it just some bloke with a big tv?
    I thought there was a sensor in the ball that can detect without any doubt whether it crossed the line. 
  • Options
    Isn't goal line technology done on sensors with allowance for margin of error, not visual. If it's good enough for Wimbledon, I can't see why the technology for football shouldn't be up to the job.