Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023

Comments

• Margin of error on Hawkeye is 3mm 
  • se9addick said:
    Never seen a shootout end like that!
    Was frustrating that they didn't show a relay of what had actually happened for ages
  • Good news for England as Keira Walsh has trained and could be fit to play tomorrow.
  • Trying  to look for better evidence but it's still all a bit fuzzy and artificial with a grey area between ball and line. But the ball looks clipped! 
    The posts seems to get in the way because they are not aligned with the line itself.

• The decision to give the goal was very fast. So I'm guessing they were certain that the chip in the ball was correct. 
  • Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    US have brought Lynn Blackett-Taylor on to ruin the Swedish left-back
    Can I add that giving your outrageously fast, tricky winger the number 6 shirt is maybe the worst shirt-number crime I've ever seen? @Garrymanilow you gotta see this
    I've given up on even caring about the numbers chosen in women's football. Williamson taking 8 knowing she'd be playing CB for England meant I had to either dissociate or break. Having said that, Chelsea have just signed a new forward and she's chosen to take the number 2 and that has upset me more than I thought it would. I hate her
  • Good news for England as Keira Walsh has trained and could be fit to play tomorrow.
    Would you change the side? I know she is one of our best players but the midfield did well against China and the formation worked. We went from looking a bit toothless to being very ruthlesss!
    Would you change the side? I know she is one of our best players but the midfield did well against China and the formation worked. We went from looking a bit toothless to being very ruthlesss!
    Personally i don't think you should change the side after a 6-1 win, and after the injury she probably wouldn't be risked from the start anyway, but it's certainly a boost to have one of the worlds best midfielders back in the squad (if she makes it).
  • edited August 2023
    Good news for England as Keira Walsh has trained and could be fit to play tomorrow.

Good question, I didn't think she would be fit before the new year at the earliest watching it live and seeing her stress. so 🤔
    I wouldn't make a change for the starting 11 against Nigeria. Keira Walsh would only come on if we need her passing range if the game needs it. If Walsh passes a fitness test I wouldn't be surprised if Sarina Wiegman starts her but it may just be a ruse to keep Nigeria guessing.
    Another week getting over the trauma of the injury ( we still don't know what the injury was ?) Must be beneficial to Keira and England's chances of going further if we wait until the Q.finals if Possible.
    Katie Zelem sat in and linked well so we will have to see what tactics and personnel Wiegman goes with this time.
  • Keira Walsh starts instead of Katie Zelem otherwise same starting 11. Amazed that Walsh is fit to start. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Very surprised by that coming off the back of a 6-1 win, but i can understand why Wiegman would want to play her. 
  • Come on you Lionesses!!
  • any streams for people overseas?

• How was that not a corner?
  • Nigeria look well up for it 
  • Hmm not going our way. Need to wake up
  • I feel like the commentary is a second ahead of the images. she was already screaming for the cross bar before it hit it. Anyone else?
    Same. Annoying.
  • Cloudworm said:
    any streams for people overseas?

Optus sport if you want to pay 
  • I feel like the commentary is a second ahead of the images. she was already screaming for the cross bar before it hit it. Anyone else?
    Definitely 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2023
    Sound out for anyone else?

Just seen other comments - it's very annoying!
  • Sound out for anyone else?

Just seen other comments - it's very annoying!
    Another good excuse if one was needed to turn off the lamentable Robyn Cowan. Just watch with no sound. It’s much easier. 
  • Wilfred Zaha would have been proud of that tumble.
  • England have been shit but the ref clearly hoping they go through 
  • Penalty my ar5e!!!!!!   If that’s a foul then this is no longer a contact sport. 
  • Would have been very soft.
  • Correct decision to overturn the penalty. 
  • Cloudworm said:
    any streams for people overseas?

Optus sport if you want to pay 
  • Looked like a penalty to me. Much more contact than just contact. 
  • edited August 2023
    That would've been harsh.
    China allowed England room, Nigeria haven't.