Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023

Comments

• Options
    Lauren James is different class. Excellent performance 
  • Options
    If it has been 0-0, that dropball decision would have been quite controversial!
  • Options
    This ref hasn’t got a clue what she’s doing 
  • Options
    Bit harsh on China that. Don't think that shot was flying in the top corner but think we should have been told to kick it back to them.

And then we make it 6 to really rub it in.
  • Options
    officiating right down to a standard FIFA is still accepting dark money for
    fortunately Lauren James is good enough to rise above even the worst of the meddling officialdom
  • Options
    Comfortable win, some nice goals, much better. Nigeria up next
  • Options
    Lauren James is class, the volley was really good but made to look easy.
  • Options
    If she hasn't had that one disallowed for offside that would've been one of the best hattricks I've ever seen
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    Won't be watching it but just had £10 @ 13/2 on China  B)

😂🤣😂🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Been out all day but managed to watch the whole match without knowing the score this evening.
    After two nervous performances despite the 1-0 wins the changed 3-5-2 against China who were confused and for some reason didn't press high and England were able to dominate the 1st half with Russo so much better with Hemp closer in a 2 up front. James is our X factor player this tournament and playing a number 10 position with the freedom to roam, she caused havoc. The worse kept secret in woman's football is that she could be a super star in the female game.
    Bright, Greenwood and Carter all strong games, Zelem on her WC debut, very tidy.
    Mary Earps did her mandatory couple of good saves.

Emma Hayes had the Steve Brown comment: "she was disappointed with China" why FFS 🤔
    I want every opposition team to be poor.
    Unfortunately from the last 16 KO they probably won't be.

That was a great example of a 3-5-2 working or 3-2-3-2 working as Stanway and Zelem sat in as Bronze and Daley bombed on in 1st half as wing backs.
    We had the luxury of taking off Stanway as on a yellow and Coombes played further forward.

Lots of changes 2nd half, the wine 🍷 was flowing and not sure what formation we had but no woman's WC is complete without some bizarre decision making by a keeper.
    TBF the Chinese keeper going walk about in Australia seems fair enough as long as it's not Mary Earps.

I'll keep the reason I think Bronze and Daley as wingbacks can be exploited to another day by stronger teams but it worked so well today.

England have arrived 👏
  • Options
    Took my daughters to see Charlton v Man Utd women at VCD back in 2019, and Greenwood, Zelem, Toone and James all played so could remind them today they'd seen those four live.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    rina said:
    If she hasn't had that one disallowed for offside that would've been one of the best hattricks I've ever seen

If the hat trick had stood it would've been the second best after Clive Mendonca at Wembley. The highest quality female hat trick even better than a few that I have seen from Beth Mead or Vivienne Miedema.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Where would England women have "finished" last season if they played in the men's EFL?
    I'm thinking they are roughly at Charlton's level?

This is what you said and why you said it, only you know ? 
    I still think it is crass to compare men and women as footballers for biological reasons but I still believe you should be the Charlton fan in the boardroom instead of the dude who lives in Canada.

Not the fan in the boardroom for Charlton Women though 😂
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    My son has just sent me a WhatsApp from Queenstown on the south Island of New Zealand. The snow ploughs are working hard to clear the run way ! 

He is on a six week working football holiday.
    Has seen 2 games in Aussie and 4 in New Zealand before seeing another 4 in Australia including a Round of 16, Quarter, semi and final.
    Australia and New Zealand were the 19th and 20th country he has watched football in.
    The Maracanã stadium in Rio was one of his favourites. 

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Sweden make 9 changes to rest their heads after qualifying ! 
    The second spot is still up for grabs.
  • Options
    1-1 after Orsi the Italian defender and ex tennis player finds the net with a classic OG.

• Options
    edited August 2023
    South Africa 2 Italy 1
    SA are dancing .

Sweden 1 up against Argentina from a headed goal !
  • Options
    Long delay?
    SA not dancing
    2-2 
  • Options
    What composed forward play! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    South Africa are dancing again 3-2
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    After 106 minutes South Africa have strictly made it to the last 16.
  • Options
    Great result for South Africa. Hoping Jamaica can now dump out Brazil.
  • Options
    Great free kick and France 1 down !
  • Options
    Just saw the Panama goal. 

No way that gets beaten. Goal of the tournament.
  • Options
    Don't think goal of the tournament could be a direct free-kick really, unless it was on the level of that Roberto Carlos one
  • Options
    I mean, Caicedo vs Germany is still winning for me
  • Options
    Can Jamaica hold on and knock Brazil out ?