Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023

Comments

• Options
    So we might play Australia in the L16, is that right?
  • Options
    So we might play Australia in the L16, is that right?

Australia have won the group so we will play Nigeria if we win or draw against China and finish top.
  • Options
    Questions surely have to be asked of the Spain manager if he fails at this WC. He's been there since 2015, a period in which the national team should've done a lot better than they have given how good Barcelona are. In 2 Euro's they got knocked out at the quarters both times, and in the 2019 world cup they only made the last 16.

On top of that there was a player revolt last year where a number of the squad demanded his sacking, claiming his management wasn't at the level required. Poor training sessions, tactics, team selection, game management etc. What did the Spanish federation do........they extended his contract.

The fact that he is still in a job is baffling. He has an absolute golden generation to work with, many of whom have been playing together and developing for years, and the players loath him.

They've not been awful at this tournament, and Japan look like a house on fire, but if Spain don't make at least a semi final, if not a final or win something with this team, it will be a huge opportunity missed. 
  • Options
    Been a bit behind on matches and haven't had a chance to watch as many as I would like due to time zone differences, but absolutely Gutted for Kiera Walsh, she's a world class player who I love to watch. 

I hope that there are sports scientists doing research on the number of knee injuries, particularly ACLs, happening in the women's game right now. I feel like every team has at least two players missing due to ACL injuries. There must be some pattern here. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Questions surely have to be asked of the Spain manager if he fails at this WC. He's been there since 2015, a period in which the national team should've done a lot better than they have given how good Barcelona are. In 2 Euro's they got knocked out at the quarters both times, and in the 2019 world cup they only made the last 16.

On top of that there was a player revolt last year where a number of the squad demanded his sacking, claiming his management wasn't at the level required. Poor training sessions, tactics, team selection, game management etc. What did the Spanish federation do........they extended his contract.

The fact that he is still in a job is baffling. He has an absolute golden generation to work with, many of whom have been playing together and developing for years, and the players loath him.

They've not been awful at this tournament, and Japan look like a house on fire, but if Spain don't make at least a semi final, if not a final or win something with this team, it will be a huge opportunity missed. 
    From what i've read his Dad is very well connected with the Spanish federation and the manager is also the sporting director of the women's team. So he's a part of the committee responsible for sacking himself.

Complete mess by the sounds of it, but i think a failure here and it's surely time for him to step down. Especially as there's still about 7-8 players who refuse to play for him and another Euro's in 2 years time.
  • Options
    Holland 3-0 up inside 20 minutes. A big win and they could top the group ahead of USA.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I fancy the Japanese girls to go all the way to the final. Possibly even win it, don’t think England will get past the QF tbh (hope I’m wrong though). 
  • Options
    5-0 Holland
  • Options
    6 for the Netherlands now. On their way to the biggest win of the tournament. 

Fingers crosssed Portugal can find a goal and dump out the US.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Portugal timing this right. Wouldn't have done to score too early. Now as injury time approaches, get it forward and see if something can happen
  • Options
    What a chance to knock the Americans out. Off the post
  • Options
    FUCK
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Group E has been the group of death.

The Dutch are looking like the sharpest European team.
    The USA are in transition but are still the team to beat.
    The Portuguese are much improved and the 0-0 draw against England(friendly) showed they are a well coached team and in most WC would be a last 16 team.
    The Vietnamese are the whipping girls and are in this WC for experience.

Unlucky Portugal with the post coming to the USA rescue.
  • Options
    How has she got away with that? Shocker from the Keeper
  • Options
    USA got away with one there. Width of a post from going home.
  • Options
    Won't be watching it but just had £10 @ 13/2 on China  B)
  • Options
    Hard luck Portugal.
  • Options
    Sorry if this has already come up but I've just realised that Reece James is wearing Charlton shorts in this photo. Was he a fan as a kid? Does he want to come home? Or were our shorts just the cheapest on offer when he was a kid?

• Options
    The American media are not being kind to their team this morning.

I think everyone had expected them to turn up, roll over the competition and they’re throwing a bit of a tantrum because it’s not happening.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry if this has already come up but I've just realised that Reece James is wearing Charlton shorts in this photo. Was he a fan as a kid? Does he want to come home? Or were our shorts just the cheapest on offer when he was a kid?

His face there is basically Lauren James's face now, whereas hers is a bit different!