Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023

Comments

• Options
    Sweden are Pulis' Stoke on roids. Horrible 
  • Options
    Sweden getting a corner isn't far off the xG of Sweden getting a penalty 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Sweden are Pulis' Stoke on roids. Horrible 

Sorry to be positive on this thread but the corners by the left footer Andersson are brilliant. 3 assists and counting in this match.
    The Italians need taller defenders and keeper. 
    Always play to your strengths and Sweden do.

• Options
    These pitches seem to be causing a few injuries... 
  • Options
    Italy's keeper is too small, she couldn't cope/get any corners in the 6 yard box.
  • Options
    Italy's keeper is too small, she couldn't cope/get any corners in the 6 yard box.
    I think that is the root of the problem.
  • Options
    29,143 crowd at this match in Wellington.
    More than USA v Holland.
  • Options
    Keira Walsh has not done her ACL, which is good, depends now on extent of what actually happened to her knee
  • Options
    Cross it > Head it > Goal

Seem the way to go in this World Cup 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cross it > Head it > Goal

Seem the way to go in this World Cup 
    Was saying this myself. A lot of defences and goalkeepers unable to handle the aerial ball
  • Options
    Neither NZ nor Switzerland deserve anything here, this is atrocious 
  • Options
    First effort on goal by a goalkeeper in the WC at least. Only went about ten yards wide
  • Options
    Colombia's national anthem is rather jolly isn't it? Wonder if the respective approaches to singing will be borne out on the pitch. Suspect Germany will do Germany and score a handful
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Neither NZ nor Switzerland deserve anything here, this is atrocious 
    Have to agree Leuth.  Underwhelming to say the least.  So NZ are out after Norway’s big 5-0 win over the Philippines.

• Options
    5-0?
  • Options
    Popp fluffs the best chance of the match. Quite impressed with Colombia 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    5-0?
    Sorry.   Another goal in injury time. 6-0.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    The New Zealand v Switzerland was a shocker but predictable.
    Norway decided to play as a team instead of individuals and no surprise they hit 6.

New Zealand scored a cracking goal in their first game with the cross on the deck and a good finish. Since then they have been clueless.
  • Options
    Great goal 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Upset on the cards here, which could be good for England in the quarters (if we make it).
  • Options
    Because of the Cricket I forgot about this match.
    Even if they lose this game the Germans should end on 6 points with South Korea their last game.

• Options
    Vamos Colombia, 97th minute winner!

Colombia now favourites to win the group and likely means a France v Germany match up in the last 16.
  • Options
    I watched the last 30 minutes (with AT) and that was a great climax.
    The WC needed that and could well alter the route of the last 16 and what we expected.
  • Options
    Watched the 2nd half of the Germany v Colombia game. Wow! Great technique for both the Colombia goals and very entertaining to watch, compared to the pathetic game between NZ and Switzerland.
  • Options
    Two great goals from Colombia and good to see skill after the poor quality of  the earlier game.
    Excellent play by Germany for their goal and skill on winning the penalty.

@Leuth please watch and try to say positive things when they happen to counter balance the poor shite that you like to share.

As Hayes has just said many of the Colombian women play in Spain.

Also agree Spain and Japan are the best so far with skill and movement.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    TEL said:
    Sad to see the Philippines go out thanks to a suicidal decision  by the coach to go 442. 

Totally the wrong tactics. 

Their fans were amazing and still made lots of noise. The atmosphere at these World Cup games has been pretty awful in general. I can understand it in NZ as they only have one football team so fans don't know how to get behind a team. However the England game in Sydney, I expected more.., but it was embarrassingly quiet. 

I went to England games in the Euro's and the support was good but it's different from the men's game as you have some young girls and women watching who have only come for the Mexican wave !  

Chatted to other women that not only played but were very technical about the way they saw football. 

Very family orientated yet when Stanway's hit the winning goal in Q.final the noise was loud but not behind me and my son as there were 12 señoritas.
  • Options
    Two great goals from Colombia and good to see skill after the poor quality of  the earlier game.
    Excellent play by Germany for their goal and skill on winning the penalty.

@Leuth please watch and try to say positive things when they happen to counter balance the poor shite that you like to share.

As Hayes has just said many of the Colombian women play in Spain.

Also agree Spain and Japan are the best so far with skill and movement.
    I've said some nice things here and there! 

I seem to have gotten the worst of it with the games I've watched. Feels like most of the good games are ones I've missed. That first Colombia goal was great