Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Shrewsbury Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 22nd October 2022 - 3pm

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    mendonca said:
    DOUCHER said:
    do the business tuesday and saturday will start to feel like a big game occasion - so without boring people to death, if you haven't been going, go saturday - make this the game to start going again - there is nothing really we can do about problems behind the scenes, but what we can do, is show up and support the team - calling disgruntled and / or fairweathers everywhere - get down there 
    The official web site requires you to have a purchase history to be able to buy/go to the Ipswich game. Odd seeing as we haven't seen the ground near half full this season.
    Does seem odd. Could it be to stop Ipswich fans infiltrating behind enemy lines? Really hope it is because of high demand.
    It is. Ipswich sold out their allocation as soon as it went on sale. They were told there would be no more tickets. 
  • Options
    MK Dons have a horrendous record of giving away goals through defensive errors, while trying to play from the back. We really need to press hard up top, as chances will come
  • Options
    MK Dons have a horrendous record of giving away goals through defensive errors, while trying to play from the back. We really need to press hard up top, as chances will come
    100% this, I hope the coaching staff have been watching MK Dons videos 
  • Options

mendonca said:
    DOUCHER said:
    do the business tuesday and saturday will start to feel like a big game occasion - so without boring people to death, if you haven't been going, go saturday - make this the game to start going again - there is nothing really we can do about problems behind the scenes, but what we can do, is show up and support the team - calling disgruntled and / or fairweathers everywhere - get down there 
    The official web site requires you to have a purchase history to be able to buy/go to the Ipswich game. Odd seeing as we haven't seen the ground near half full this season.
    Does seem odd. Could it be to stop Ipswich fans infiltrating behind enemy lines? Really hope it is because of high demand.
    It's probably already been posted but Ipswich have sold their allocation so yes I assume it's to stop the tractor boys getting in the home seats
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I dont want to tempt fate but Innis has now played the number of games I expected him to in the entire season.
    With the head of physio quitting it’s all dovetailing nicely towards your predicted stat
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I dont want to tempt fate but Innis has now played the number of games I expected him to in the entire season.
    With the head of physio quitting it’s all dovetailing nicely towards your predicted stat
    Whose Head of Physio ? 
  • Options
    I'm going full negative Nancy mode.

Playing bottom of the table MK Dons on Tues night. Lump every penny you have that we'll lose it 

Still at least 1 striker light. Even having Chuks "fit" means he can only come on for the last 10 mins. Need him fit to play at least 45 mins. Today was crying out for a "finisher" to bury the chances being made. Cant rely on Stockley to score, esp not with his feet from open play. 

With a balanced squad from day 1 we'd now be comfortably in the play offs.....and possibly only a point or 2 from automatics. But we are just an injury or 2 away from being dragged back into the pack. Looking at the teams around us with games in hand our "true" position is probably 10th. 

Will be there on Tuesday & next Saturday. Anything less than 4 points makes the past 2 weeks inconsequential. 
    Jesus Christ, give it a fucking rest. Everyone on here knows what you think! We've just had 3 wins on the spin, against Exeter who were flying, Portsmouth who are still above us and Shrewsbury who have just won their last 3.
    For godsake give it a rest, try and see we are improving, our defence is getting more solid (conceded 2 in 3) and we have scored 8 in 3.
    You must be well pissed off we are doing well, if the run continues, what are you going to moan about? I'm sure you'll find something!
    One final question if we get 6 points from the next 2 will that finally stop your negativity?
    To be fair it would be the Charlton way that on the back of three very good wins we lose to a bottom of the table club but I wouldn't put a penny on it & obviously hope for a resounding win.
    Derby (11th) | Shrewsbury (10th) | Exeter (8th) | Portsmouth (5th) | Plymouth (1st)

Are our only wins this season, so you might want to put a penny or two on anything but a win
    I'm saving my pennies for a new zoom for when I go to Shellness  :D
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Whose Head of Physio ? 
    Is it Adam Coe? 

He didn’t seem to be there, or at least attend the injured players on the pitch against Shrewsbury. 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Whose Head of Physio ? 
    Charlton's. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AndyG said:
    Whose Head of Physio ? 
    Is it Adam Coe? 

He didn’t seem to be there, or at least attend the injured players on the pitch against Shrewsbury. 
    When I saw AndyG's post, that was my first thought.

Can't believe it's Adam - a Charlton fan through & through, I  believe but lots of "stuff" going on at the moment so nothing should surprise us...

Can anyone add anything to this, please ? 
  • Options
    I have no idea if the bloke has left or not but if it is him that is keeping Innis going then I hope he hasnt left as he is worth his weight in gold. 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I have no idea if the bloke has left or not but if it is him that is keeping Innis going then I hope he hasnt left as he is worth his weight in gold. 
    Think I got it wrong . It was KiwiValley's post that mentioned the Head of Physio quitting.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Think I got it wrong . It was KiwiValley's post that mentioned the Head of Physio quitting.
    Yes I know. I'm not sure where that has come from unless our NZ os is 24 hours ahead of the UK one 🤭
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    DOUCHER said:
    I’m thinking about it but do you know what the forecast is for Saturday?
    if we win tuesday then i believe the forecast is perfect for saturday - even the flakiest fearweather should be tempted  
  • Options
    does anyone know if Ipswich sold out their 3k+ as soon as they went on sale ?
    im guessin this is why you need a purchase history to buy in the home end 
    why not put them in A& B block of the Curbishley stand 

• Options
    I was referring to this:

https://trainingground.guru/articles/murphy-replaces-legendary-wright-as-newcastle-head-physio

have I got my facts wrong ? Being 12 hours ahead can be quite confusing 😆
  • Options
    I was referring to this:

https://trainingground.guru/articles/murphy-replaces-legendary-wright-as-newcastle-head-physio

have I got my facts wrong ? Being 12 hours ahead can be quite confusing 😆
    According to his LinkedIn the other Danny Murphy was only with us between December 2019 and July 2020.

An OS article shows he came back in December 2020. I thought he left for a second time since then but I might be wrong, I can’t remember if it was confirmed anywhere.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I don’t believe that is correct 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought Danny Murphy the physio left some time ago, ie more than 6 months ago.
  • Options
    It always takes time for a manager to find his best 11.we have played 15 games won the last 3,and now we can see the partnerships bearing fruit.The back line is looking good,we now know why we kept Innis ,many wanted him out after last season.Midfield is looking very solid as long as we can keep Fraser and Dobson fit.scoring goals seems to be no problem at the moment,but just imagine what we could achieve with another striker.I am full of hope,93 points to play for,those above us will have their bad runs and we will pounce,automatic promotion is not a pipe dream.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Whose Head of Physio ? 
    Have we got one?