Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Shrewsbury Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 22nd October 2022 - 3pm

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Enjoyed it, good away win. Just two issues:

During the post match interview Rak-Sakyi's shirt was a bit too orange.
    The goal celebration rugby tackle was a foul.

• Options
    Good win. Three on the bounce !! How long before TS shows his face again and takes the plaudits?
  • Options
    sralan said:
    Good win. Three on the bounce !! How long before TS shows his face again and takes the plaudits?
    I don't care as long as he coughs up for a striker in January.
  • Options
    Proper away day result today. Get the goal, then 15 minutes of Jason Pearce style defending down the other end to see it out. 

I said before today that I wouldn't start getting too positive about our prospects until we could start winning away. Today was a big step forward, and a monkey off our back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2022
    sralan said:
    I don't care as long as he coughs up for a striker in January.
    With every win it takes us further away from recruiting a striker in January (if there was any chance in the first place)
  • Options
    IR94 said:
    Talal said:
    IR94 said:
    IR94 said:
    lovely win, thought campbell did well couple of lovely efforts, stockley can piss off shouting his ear off for giving him a pass to run onto, does that far too often, and aneke did more in 10 minutes than he did the whole game
    Stockley was excellent today... His hold up play to bring others in to the game further up the pitch was outstanding, and got us off the hook defensively about two or three times when we pissed about in our box first half
    excellent is way ott
    Certainly doesn't deserve the dig after the shift he put in. 
    didnt appreciate his bollocking of young campbell
    Any excuse
  • Options
    Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells,
    Jingle all the way,
    Oh, what fun it is to read,
    About Charlton on the match thread when they win away.

Think that might need a bit of work.
    A Christmas Jingle in October. That's the worst part of it.
  • Options
    Is HMS Piss the League ready to sail?
    Or has TS sold it?
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Charlton travelled up to Shropshire seeking their first away win against a solid and in-form Shrewsbury side that haven’t lost at home all season.
    Shrewsbury have now lost 3 league games at home this season.
  • Options
    PWR but if nobodies already used the word WORKMANLIKE then I win the thread. 
    You still love to see it though. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Well, what a turn around there has been in the space of 10 days from a very ordinary looking average league one mid table side to one that can only see one way and that is up the league.
    Something has changed within the club, and there seems a new found belief in our own ability to turn the season around, the next couple of games are going to prove pivotal, another six points and we will have opposition not wanting to play us as we could cement a top six place...don't let us and yourselves down now lads..👍

• Options
    edited October 2022
    So. Is it too soon to discuss who we are going to sign for the 23/24 Championship season?

Or are we still looking to avoid relegation?
  • Options
    3 wins on the bounce, promoted by Easter 
  • Options
    I'm know it's not but it seems like flipping years since we won 3 on the spin. My missus has just asked me why I'm so happy tonight!
  • Options
    Is HMS Piss the League ready to sail?
    Or has TS sold it?
    Traded it in for this....

Wooden toys- Sailboat - Boat Toy - Natural Toy
  • Options
    A great win and now three Games unbeaten.
    if we had a serious striker we would have won at least by 3 Goals today, and by 6 Goals against Exeter and Portsmouth.
    I think considering the lack of proper financial support from our Rock n Roll ego owner 
    Garner our superb young manager deserves a medal for sticking at to his guns and getting us to finally play some good  football 👍👍👍