Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Shrewsbury Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 22nd October 2022 - 3pm

Comments

• Options
    Talal said:
    IR94 said:
    IR94 said:
    lovely win, thought campbell did well couple of lovely efforts, stockley can piss off shouting his ear off for giving him a pass to run onto, does that far too often, and aneke did more in 10 minutes than he did the whole game
    Stockley was excellent today... His hold up play to bring others in to the game further up the pitch was outstanding, and got us off the hook defensively about two or three times when we pissed about in our box first half
    excellent is way ott
    Certainly doesn't deserve the dig after the shift he put in. 
    didnt appreciate his bollocking of young campbell
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    IR94 said:
    IR94 said:
    lovely win, thought campbell did well couple of lovely efforts, stockley can piss off shouting his ear off for giving him a pass to run onto, does that far too often, and aneke did more in 10 minutes than he did the whole game
    Stockley was excellent today... His hold up play to bring others in to the game further up the pitch was outstanding, and got us off the hook defensively about two or three times when we pissed about in our box first half
    excellent is way ott
    Says the man who thinks Aneke did more in 10mins
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    We spent all summer and the first quarter of the season and look awful, change system and suddenly we’re one of the best teams in the league!
    Instead of trying to play Garnerball with too many holes in the formation, all it took was a gameplan to allow the players we actually have to play to their own strengths.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Well deserved, Shrewsbury threatened at times but were more interested in protecting and hitting us on the break - How that has got them to the heights of 8th (before the game) I'll never know.

Glad Rak-Sakyi got the winner, but got he was shit and that will be reflected in the marks from me.
    I’m surprised. Perhaps I’m seeing this wrong, but apart from the two misses (which you get from a young inexperienced player) he was very good on the ball again, created chances for others, got into good positions and took his third chance well, especially having missed two. 
    Keep it up Rak!
    Great assist from the byline by Payne on his right foot. Another good cameo from him. 
    Unusually I got prediction right with Campbell for CBT, and I thought he looked very good indeed. 
    I thought he was really wasteful again, constantly losing the ball - He needed that goal for his confidence, but thought he should have been the one subbed instead of Campbell, so glad I got that wrong. 
  • Options
    Happy bunny
  • Options
    To add to what foreveraddickted said, we have played all the teams in the top half except for Ipswich and Peterborough. We need to use the next few games to keep the momentum going!
  • Options
    Closed the gap on the top spot by 2 points. Getting there. Onwards and upwards 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great 3 points, their an ugly side to play against, and safe journey home to those that travelled.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Chunes said:
    Stockley battled well, defended well, but we'd still be a much, much better team with a very different striker.
    I think we'd be better, I don't know about much, much better. The type of striker we need is really difficult to come by at this level. And we do have one in Aneke (his shortcomings are of course noted). But I think the last few matches have shown that when he has a partner, Stockley is a good striker at this level. And we've also seen that we don't necessarily have to have an out-and-out number 9 to play up front with him. 

It would be nice if we could go to 4-3-3, that I will absolutely grant. And that does require a striker different to Stockley. But in the interim, Garner is doing a good job of making the most of the players he has. 
    Yeah there were about two / three occasions where Stockley "burst" into the box, and just didnt have the pace to get on to ball, when a faster nippier Striker potentially would - Unfortunately that type of Striker tends to cost a lot of money, even at this level.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Let's not under estimate how much having most of our senior players fit makes.

Sessegnon makes a massive difference and the psychological difference Chuks makes can't be understated.

The form, and style, of MK Dons makes me think there might be a thrashing on Tuesday night.
    Excellent point, if you're the opposition and you see us today and think we might have CBT to come back Tuesday or Saturday, you're not fancying playing us. If Plan A doesn't work, we have Aneke, Campbell, Payne, and Morgan all to come off the bench to change the game. Or Clare and Thomas to help shore things up. 
  • Options
    3 on the spin. Not a flash performance but an away win at a tough place to go. 
  • Options
    Pretty boring to watch, but delighted with another win for the lads. 
    6 points in 6 days - up to 7th !