Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England vs Italy / Germany

Comments

• Options
    I've never heard of Tomori.
  • Options
    Sounds like one of the Wombles
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    This Channel 4 coverage is dogshit. Interviewing random dickheads outside the ground.
    Walking interviews now.
  • Options
    Imagine being Pope knowing Pickfords 1st game back will be the WC opener lol bloke takes loyalty to suicidal proportions. Shaw etc must be astounded ! 
  • Options
    I'm surprised we've got 3 at the back again.
    I'm surprised he's starting Kane.

Surely in games like this, you have to experiment a bit, no?

Give the likes of Toney or Abraham starts, maybe play Kane as a 10 alongside 2 of Sterling, Saka or Foden in a 4-2-3-1.

With the lack of depth at CB, it may have been worth trying Declan Rice there.  He's just as adept there when he's played CB for West Ham.

I'd rather get beaten playing decent attacking football than watching some of the dross Southgate served up recently.
  • Options
    At Chelsea from the age of 8 'til he left them last year at the age of 23. Only played 18 times for them but started in 30 of Milan's 38 Seria A games last season. He's a local boy in that he's from Kent and went to Gravesend Grammar 
  • Options
    Pretty sure Rice just sang ‘God Save The Que…King’.
  • Options
    Our away kit is ghastly. Looks orange as well on the TV.

Hopefully we can score a goal from open play, we've enough quality to win tonight.
  • Options
    Impeccable minutes silence.

Fair play ze Germans  still know who's boss
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    More to the point, if the game had been in Munich, and a minute's silence was held for a much loved German figure, would the England fans be so respectful?
  • Options
    I don't know if anyone has commented on this already but what is that abomination of a strip we are wearing?
  • Options
    Just seen there's some footy on and England are playing Germany. What competition is this exactly, or is it a friendly?
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    I don't know if anyone has commented on this already but what is that abomination of a strip we are wearing?
    A cross between red and salmon pink if our TV colours are anything to go by. Not orange though. Whatever it is, it's not very easy on the eye and the number fonts appear to be one of the less commonly used ones, for  a reason, and a weird shade of off pastel blue. Innovative though 3/10.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    swordfish said:
    Just seen there's some footy on and England are playing Germany. What competition is this exactly, or is it a friendly?
    It's the Nations League and we're relegated already. Not that, the way we are playing, we deserve to be doing that well
  • Options
    Looking reassuringly solid. Not sure why we are wearing the Juve kit though
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    I'm surprised we've got 3 at the back again.
    I'm surprised he's starting Kane.

Surely in games like this, you have to experiment a bit, no?

Give the likes of Toney or Abraham starts, maybe play Kane as a 10 alongside 2 of Sterling, Saka or Foden in a 4-2-3-1.

With the lack of depth at CB, it may have been worth trying Declan Rice there.  He's just as adept there when he's played CB for West Ham.

I'd rather get beaten playing decent attacking football than watching some of the dross Southgate served up recently.
    He has experimented. He's experimented with Shaw and Maguire, who can't start for Man u.
  • Options
    Was that a pass, a shot or the classic first touch of an elephant from Sterling?
  • Options
    The Sterling crisis has spread from the Pound to Raheem.
  • Options
    Has Foden touched the ball?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has Foden touched the ball?
    Yes, but not very effectively e.g. the lousy cross behind Kane
  • Options
    TAA has been left out of the squad. Would Klopp leave him out? The criticism is his defensive duties are lacking but we are playing with three CBs and two holding midfielders and the the bloke who has replaced him, James, has twice given the ball away. I get, perhaps, why he doesn't start but he is someone who makes things happen with a terrific range of passes so he should at least be on the bench surely.
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Pretty sure Rice just sang ‘God Save The Que…King’.
    He sang Quing as that's the new gender neutral name for our Monarch
  • Options
    It’s like watching Charlton….
  • Options
    Actually quite a lot better than recently.  A bit more attacking intent, and a bit of football being played. Defence are a bit wobbly though.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    We were talking about the Italy game at work today and I said the same thing about England’s performance on Friday night. No end product and can’t defend when they have to 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Impeccable minutes silence.

Fair play ze Germans  still know who's boss
    Ha ha, your having a laugh mate.
    Seen the videos of the Green Man earlier?
  • Options
    Not a bad half. Sterling being Sterling but is causing Germany a few problem. Not sure if I've seen Foden doing much of note in an England shirt yet.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Even wearing our orange shirts