Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England vs Italy / Germany

Nick Pope starts for England tonight, Saka is playing Left Wing-Back by the sounds of things

Game is on Channel 4 - Lose and we're relegated to Division B

Apart from the Goalkeeper and maybe Dier, thats probably the team I'll want to see on a regular basis @ the World Cup

Comments

• Why did the anthem singer turn into a full-kit wanker. The fuck was that about. 
  • I don’t think any of us likes football anymore!
  • Why did the anthem singer turn into a full-kit wanker. The fuck was that about. 
    Didn’t bother me - she’s Italian, so why not

Plus, lovely looking girl 
  • Decent save from Pope, despite the Italian being offside
  • My god, how blessed were we with decades of commentary from Brian Moore, John Motson and Barry Davies?

This bloke has as much character as a piece of dried up wet wipe 
    Brian Moore - quite simply the greatest 
  • edited September 2022
    As expected the kit looks awful.
    What is the point in this tournament. Usually zero atmosphere and grounds far from full. Seems a complete waste of everyone's time.
  • As expected the kit looks awful.
    What is the point in this tournament. Usually zero atmosphere and grounds far from full. Seems a complete waste of everyone's time.
    Its replaced friendlies... Final standings tend to have an impact on seedings for Euro / World Cup Qualification.
  • Both the commentators sound like they would rather be elsewhere.
  • As expected the kit looks awful.
    Would you prefer meaningless friendlies?

The Nations League also gives a chance for smaller nations to play each other competitively rather than getting hammered 6-0 every game.
  • Sponsored links:

• this is worse than Charlton
  • My god, how blessed were we with decades of commentary from Brian Moore, John Motson and Barry Davies?

This bloke has as much character as a piece of dried up wet wipe 
    Does match of the day doesn't he?

Normally the last games at around midnight.
  • edited September 2022
    We look better than that last shitshow against Hungary.

Still appear very nervous in defence, been impressed with Foden / Bellingham when they link up.

The left with Saka / Sterling feels our weak link
  • Hungary winning in Germany.

As the results stand, Hungary would be going to the semi final round next summer.
  • Decided to watch a film - awful football 
  • Hungary winning in Germany.

As the results stand, Hungary would be going to the semi final round next summer.
    Yeah they've been excellent this Nations League

Fully deserve it after being unlucky at the Euros last summer
  • Thank fuck that was offside, but how did Italy not score
  • edited September 2022
    How the fuck isnt that a penalty or free kick???

Bellingham gets wiped out!!!

Of course no free kick can be given by VAR as thats not what its there for - Once again I keep hearing about how shite English referees are, but there aren't many European ones that I've been impressed with either
  • God we have a shocking record against Italy. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Good goal, but slightly Charltonish defending by Walker 
  • All aboard HMS Piss The World Cup!
  • We cant score for toffee!! 
  • Southgate has Charltonised England. 
  • I caught the highlights on UEFA TV. The stats said England shaded the first half - I didn't see a shot on target by us. Second half and we looked a bit better up to the Italy goal, but we look basically meh.

We look a bit sharper now we are losing but Southgate really doesn't make changes quickly enough.
  • Christ we're shit at the moment aren't we?! So much of us getting to the Euro Final was home advantage and momentum wasn't it
  • sam3110 said:
    Christ we're shit at the moment aren't we?! So much of us getting to the Euro Final was home advantage and momentum wasn't it
    I think also the past two tournaments we've had favorable draws to get to the semi and final. As soon as we come up against a side where its 50/50 we inevitably lose 
  • Think the Southgate era is naturally coming to an end. 

Was a good couple of years though I suppose. 
  • Has Sterling got some pictures of Southgates missus or something?