Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England vs Italy / Germany

Comments

• Options
    If anyone gets chance to tick of the San Siro before they knock it down I would recommend it. Despite feeling a bit dilapidated inside and even being far from full it retains the wow factor and I can imagine for a big game the atmosphere would be electric. 

Made the trip in spite of the poor performance on the pitch. If you have a choice though, don’t opt for the top tiers, those spiral staircases were never ending!! 
    I did the stadium tour with my wife when we were out there on our 1st wedding anniversary (we did go for a nice meal in the evening). Surprised at how run down parts of it were, especially the changing rooms, in which my wife wouldn’t let me use the toilets 
  • Options
    Not sure I can watch the second half. We do look threatening on the break admittedly but there is no real plan other than to defend and nick a goal. Our players are used to playing the way Germany are and we're set up like a lower half premier league team up against a top four team. Our midfield is getting outplayed as we have a man wasted as a third centre back so it's impossible to retain possession and pass through the lines like Germany are doing with ease.

Having said that Germany haven't really threatened, but that's probably because their front three wouldn't get in our team.
  • Options
    Maguire and Shaw aren’t playing for united but they are different beasts in an England shirt, Shaw provides much more balance.
  • Options
    Maguire and Shaw aren’t playing for united but they are different beasts in an England shirt, Shaw provides much more balance.
    Shaw has been tremendous.   Maguire solid.
    I'd still like to see 4-3-3
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Shaw has been tremendous.   Maguire solid.
    I'd still like to see 4-3-3

That ball Shaw played for Sterling was unreal. Couldn't believe my eyes.
  • Options
    I was surprised by that. They were an easy target to criticise, and Maguire nearly gave away a goal in the opening period, but they settled and look fine - a couple of decent passes to try and open the defence by Shaw especially.
  • Options
    The way England play out from the back with being caught on the ball and short passes back to the keeper is just like Charlton. So is the lack of shots and the few they had at or near the keeper.
  • Options
    That was a penalty
  • Options
    Couldn't be more blatant
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good old Arry
  • Options
    Maguire probably looks better in an England shirt because he has two CBs alongside him 
  • Options
    Played well so far and he lets himself down hugely there
  • Options
    No surprise it was maguire fucking up and then giving the penalty away. 
  • Options
    Faffing around at the back always pays off Zzzz
  • Options
    That's where VAR works well. Blatant penalty 
  • Options
    Ffs all that undone 
  • Options
    No complaints about that. Clear cut Pen
  • Options
    Nick Pope doing the Peter Shilton World Cup semi final penalty saving attempt of waiting till it’s been struck before diving …. Pathetic 
  • Options
    We're missing Pickford!! - Bloke is constantly shouting and talking to his defence... Best ball playing Goalkeeper we have, so we actually play out from the back rather than hurried clearances.

Plus... Im sorry Nick but that was a ridiculous attempt to save a penalty. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now Bellingham is doing Charlton over the bar shooting
  • Options
    Maguire is going to get slaughtered for that and rightly so, shocking pass to give it away, then fouls him. Sunday league defending.
  • Options
    Absolutely turgid crap.
  • Options
    Two slips in a matter of minutes. Do players still wear blades?
  • Options
    I blame Sandgaard
  • Options
    As if Charlton and England isn’t bad enough in the world football lottery, let’s add Harry fu—ing McGuire
  • Options
    Can't wait to see us play in the world cup....
  • Options
    Good job Werner has remembered to bring his Premier League shooting boots with him
  • Options
    This could be a good game for England if Southgate walks. But he won't. He said blame me after Italy game then made excuses on Sunday so he clearly didn't mean it.
  • Options
    MrBurns said:
    Can't wait to see us play in the world cup....
    What are the odds on us getting out of the group if we cant score?