Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England vs Italy / Germany

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    Was there tonight, rubbish for 70 minutes. Crap atmosphere too. Feel sorry for Pope, really like the guy but his kicking gets exposed at this level. Strange Tomori/Toney didn't get any minutes the last two games
    What was the point in having him (Toney) in the squad, could have at least given him 1/2 a game.
  • Options
    Was there tonight, rubbish for 70 minutes. Crap atmosphere too. Feel sorry for Pope, really like the guy but his kicking gets exposed at this level. Strange Tomori/Toney didn't get any minutes the last two games
    What was the point in having him (Toney) in the squad, could have at least given him 1/2 a game.
    What's the point in having any of the squad members in the squad? 

To provide depth. 

Toney isn't good enough to play, he's behind Kane in the pecking order. 
  • Options
    Left Footed Shaw even without being 100% match fit would always be in my England team and the only other option for the LB or wing back is Chilwell. When ever England or Charlton play a RB at LB you lose so much of the attacking potential. We haven't an Ashley Cole who was a class defender so go for  Shaw who was a massive success in the Euro's and will at least have plenty in the tank come November.

Unusual for England to go into a major tournament with out winning in Six games but still not convinced we were as good as a semi finalist in the WC and a losing on Penalties in a Euro's. The record book doesn't lie but it feels as if we have gone back as there should be more competition on both Kane and Sterling. I know Sterling is loved by many but when he was picked for the 30 odd games over nearly 3 years for the national team when he didn't score I realised that winning free kicks is highly rated even though he went down so many cul de sac's. Lack of quality competition up front in forward positions will come back to cost England unless Kane can keep his best scoring form for the business end of tournaments.

Neither England or Germany on last night's form look like contenders but stranger things have happened like Denmark winning the Euro's after being recalled from their holidays !
  • Options
    Southgate on Maguire:

"I know everybody says he's important to me, he's important to us. It's us, it's not me."

"Why do we pick him? Because he's one of the players who gives us the best chance of winning."