Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• As much as I don’t like Arsenal, this has been a great game 
    Definitely. The better team look like they are going to win.
  • Arsenal will give a City a real run for their money on this showing.
  • Saka for Ballon d'Or 2023. 
    Definitely. The better team look like they are going to win.
    And they did. Look like they might have what it takes to win the league.
    Not a hope in hell.
  • 4 goals in 5 PL games for Nketiah since the World Cup
  • All football games should be like that.  End to end.  Both teams going for it.  Couldn't take your eyes off it.  Well deserved win though for Arsenal.
  • Sponsored links:

You have to win a bit more than domestic trophies to have a chance of winning that.
  • I hate to say it but I have enjoyed watching arsenal this season. Arteta has instilled a strength in them. Until today I didnt think they could win the title this season, now I do
  • The 22/23 premier league season now warms to late 90s early 00s nostalgia.

Arsenal vs Man United used to be the main title contenders match.

An old English el classico made a brief return.

Hopefully Chelsea are now forever forbidden from being in the top 4. Those days are gone! (Fingers crossed)

Saka won't win a ballon dor...there are too many global participants for that gem, but Saka is going to have one hell of a career and he has it all in front of him.

He's every managers dream. 
    Not a hope in hell.

Michael Owen won it in 2001

It's such a life long mystery, there should be a Netflix docu-soap about it.

He was good. Certainly not great 

• Arsenal's season has been very reminiscent of when Leicester won the title in that in 2015-16 in do far as they relied on 15/16 players. Arsenal have only really used 14 players this season and apart from Jesus they have not suffered any major injuries. Should that remain the case for the duration then they have to go close to winning the PL.
  • Arsenal's season has been very reminiscent of when Leicester won the title in that in 2015-16 in do far as they relied on 15/16 players. Arsenal have only really used 14 players this season and apart from Jesus they have not suffered any major injuries. Should that remain the case for the duration then they have to go close to winning the PL.
    Indeed. I think the only thing that can stop Arsenal now is if they get a couple of key injuries as they don't have the strength in depth that City do. A couple of injuries combined with the return of European games might see them wobble a bit.

But to be honest they look pretty unstoppable right now if everyone stays fit.
  • edited January 2023
    Arsenal have 7 players who have played in all 19 games.

Odegaard has played in 18.
    Partey has played in 16. One of the games he missed they lost at Man U.
    Jesus played in 14 before his injury, and Nketiah has covered brilliantly.
    Zinchenko/Tierney have rotated the only other position where they've had an injury.
  • Fat frank has been sacked 
  • MrBurns said:
    Fat frank has been sacked 
    overdue. No idea how he has a job anywhere near that level. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dyche must be the favourite 
  • MrBurns said:
    Fat frank has been sacked 
    His sacking has been on the cards for weeks. 
    They should have replaced him before the transfer window opened and given the new manager time to assess the squad and see what was needed. 
    Only one week to go before the window closes and they are now without a manager. 
    I reckon they will go down.
  • Expected to be sacked - not yet sacked.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Expected to be sacked - not yet sacked.
    Exactly -  not yet confirmed. 
  • Everton have an unbalanced squad full of flops, and not much money to spend. It's a tough job
  • Everton have an unbalanced squad full of flops, and not much money to spend. It's a tough job
    Their summer business was appalling - you'd suspect most of those weren't Lampard's choices.
    Their summer business was appalling - you'd suspect most of those weren't Lampard's choices.
    They signed Coady and Tarkowski and are probably mid-table in terms of their defence. They've conceded less than Spurs and Fulham and only 3 more than Man U and Liverpool.

But going forward they're appalling, as you'd expect from a side that sold its top scorer and replaced him with Neal Maupay.
    They signed Coady and Tarkowski and are probably mid-table in terms of their defence. They've conceded less than Spurs and Fulham and only 3 more than Man U and Liverpool.

But going forward they're appalling, as you'd expect from a side that sold its top scorer and replaced him with Neal Maupay.
    And have a centre forward in Calvert-Lewin who's always injured/unfit
  • Lampard SACKED !!!