Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• Dave2l said:
    Will Kane be the historic wasted trophy-less player to ever exist.

He won't win anything at Tottenham

The Man City possibility is now out the window. I doubt Tottenham would accept offers from Arsenal and Chelsea.

I think his only chance of escape is the possibility of Newcastle making a bid 
    No wonder he’s got such a long face 
  • Dave2l said:
    Will Kane be the historic wasted trophy-less player to ever exist.

He won't win anything at Tottenham. 

The Man City possibility is now out the window. I doubt Tottenham would accept offers from Arsenal and Chelsea.

I think his only chance of escape is the possibility of Newcastle making a bid 
    Or going abroad

It would be easier for a Spurs legend to do that than go to another English club. Bayern Munich?
  • Can't see Newcastle interested in Kane either. They've made a big investment on Isak and have Wilson too. I think Utd might go in for Kane in the summer. 
  • Yeah United would be my bet 
  • Caicedo now trying to force a move out of Brighton. £60m+ for someone that's played 26 times for them is absolutely staggering. 
  • Kane is a very good team player and already has a close bond with Rashford.

United should hurry up and make a significant bid before this window closes
  • edited January 2023
    Found this a fascinating watch - how Man U are trying to counter a high press by having a centre back take goal kicks.

https://youtu.be/0HqGih5_1-Y
  • Arsenal's FA cup defeat worked in their favour.

They can now fully prioritise the remaining league games as its the only competition they remain in

• edited January 2023
    MarcusH26 said:
    Caicedo now trying to force a move out of Brighton. £60m+ for someone that's played 26 times for them is absolutely staggering. 
     Brilliant for them financially with the transfer profit they're making, but it must be very disruptive having key players downing tools. First Trossard, now Caicedo. Neither of whom could score a penalty at The Valley!
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Caicedo now trying to force a move out of Brighton. £60m+ for someone that's played 26 times for them is absolutely staggering. 
    Similar with Cucurella. Bought for about 18m, one season and he was sold for 60m.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dave2l said:
    Arsenal's FA cup defeat worked in their favour.

They can now fully prioritise the remaining league games as its the only competition they remain in

They're still in the Europa league, but you'd assume they will prioritise the league.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Never seen anything like this. Basically handed the club a public transfer request via an Instagram post!

• If I was Brighton Id cover him in tinsel and shove him in the stiffs for the rest of january
  • They should take the £60m and run. No player who can't score a penalty against us is worth that amount 
  • edited January 2023
    Can’t blame him if I’m honest… read he is on 3k a week, will probably get 30x that if he moves, and on a long contract
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Never seen anything like this. Basically handed the club a public transfer request via an Instagram post!

Is his agent Charlie Kane?
  • This rarely if ever ends with the player staying. If his head has gone, and it looks like it has based on that social media post, there's no way they can keep him and it's now just about getting as much as they can for him. 60m rejected but i think if they got a bid of 70m+ he'll be gone.
  • This rarely if ever ends with the player staying. If his head has gone, and it looks like it has based on that social media post, there's no way they can keep him and it's now just about getting as much as they can for him. 60m rejected but i think if they got a bid of 70m+ he'll be gone.
    You can understand why though. The youngest of 10. No idea what he earns at Brighton but the move I'm sure would secure a nice future for his whole family. He could break his leg next week and it all be gone. Good luck to the lad
  • Apparently arsenal are interested in signing Jorginho if they can’t get caicedo. Personally don’t rate him at all tbh 
  • Sponsored links:

• It looks like Cancelo is off to Bayern Munich. Weird how he was one of City's best players last season, but is now out of favour

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64452933
  • It looks like Cancelo is off to Bayern Munich. Weird how he was one of City's best players last season, but is now out of favour

Pissed Pep off and been told nobody is bigger than the club. Good on them.
  • Spurs Pedro Porro deal is back on again now 
  • edited January 2023
    It looks like Cancelo is off to Bayern Munich. Weird how he was one of City's best players last season, but is now out of favour

A lot of rumours that he had a bad attitude, had expressed his displeasure at not playing and had an argument with Pep in training.

He might have had a case if he'd been playing well but he's been out of form for months and was also dropped by Portugal at the world cup.

Pep in the same way as Fergie used to be like, has rightly decided that no matter how good a player he is, no player is bigger than the club, so the player is gone.
  • edited January 2023
    Jorginho potentially moving from Chelsea to Arsenal

PSG are in talks to sign Ziyech as well
  • nagAddick said:
    Spurs Pedro Porro deal is back on again now 
    Finally.  After Levy increased the bid by £10 per day from the start of the window.
    I'll believe it when I finally see him pictured in the shirt.
    I've only seen him play twice and he looked mustard...but then again, it was against the Spurs left-hand side... so anyone could look good against that.

• 12m for Jorginho is good business, sets up Rice to go there in the summer.
  • 12m for Jorginho is good business, sets up Rice to go there in the summer.
    Go where?  Chelsea?
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    12m for Jorginho is good business, sets up Rice to go there in the summer.
    Go where?  Chelsea?
    Arsenal is a possibility. Unless they spend it on Caceido in the summer.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    12m for Jorginho is good business, sets up Rice to go there in the summer.
    Go where?  Chelsea?
    Arsenal is a possibility. Unless they spend it on Caceido in the summer.
    Yeah, all the press seem to think he has 'given his word' to Arsenal.  Wouldn't blame him going there, club on an upward trajectory.
    Haven't seen enough of Cadeido to be able to give an opinion on him.