Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• edited January 2023
    Jonjo Shelvey has signed for Nottingham Forest - Hard to believe he ever played for us these days, kind of forget about him as a Academy player compared to Gomez etc.
  • Jonjo Shelvey has signed for Nottingham Forest - Hard to believe he ever played for us these days, kind of forget about him as a Academy player compared to Gomez etc.
    Especially as he made his debut at the end of the 07/08 season - 15 years ago!
  • edited January 2023
    Forest, even without Andy Scott, have still done a bewildering amount of business in this window. Felipe becomes their 27th signing since last summer! I don't think that includes Shelvey either.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11727/12799835/felipe-nottingham-forest-sign-defender-from-atletico-madrid-to-become-their-27th-signing-since-summer
  • Chelsea have just bought a player that went for 10 million 6 months ago for 110 million.  They have spent 600 million in this window.  They could have bought West Ham for less.
  • I know there are different ways to get around FFP but how in gods name can the powers that be think Chelsea's spending is within acceptable and sustainable limits. Absolute farce
  • I know there are different ways to get around FFP but how in gods name can the powers that be think Chelsea's spending is within acceptable and sustainable limits. Absolute farce
    In the eyes of FFP it is legal though, which is why FIFA are supposedly changing the rules so fees can only be spread over a maximum of 5 years to prevent it happening again.

It's actually pretty smart from Chelsea, FFP has been in place for a while yet no club has done anything like this. Todd Boehly comes in and has outsmarted everyone in just 6 months.

Mudryk 85m and Fernandez 105m. Yet because of 8.5 year contracts to both players in the eyes of FFP it's only costing them 22m per year.
    In the eyes of FFP it is legal though, which is why FIFA are supposedly changing the rules so fees can only be spread over a maximum of 5 years to prevent it happening again.

It's actually pretty smart from Chelsea, FFP has been in place for a while yet no club has done anything like this. Todd Boehly comes in and has outsmarted everyone in just 6 months.

Mudryk 85m and Fernandez 105m. Yet because of 8.5 year contracts to both players in the eyes of FFP it's only costing them 22m per year.

All true.
    I guess it gives us all yet another reason to hope Chelsea crash and burn.
    If these two players now underperform and turn out to be a waste of money (at least relatively), that’d be a good start.
  • 75 players in and out of Chelsea in just 2 windows.
    Blimey, I'm not even sure Spurs have done that in 10 years lol.

It might "cheat" the rules, but if those long contract players flop, Chelsea will be stuck with them for years paying their wages

And if there are break clauses, will UEFA come back to them and say "You exercised a break clause for Player X after 4 years, therefore for FFP calculation purposes we're spreading the transfer fee over 4 years"?
  • I see Leicestet's owners being generous to the club again. They have just written off a debit of £190 million the club owed them. That is what good billionaire owners do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jorginho to Arsenal .. very odd signing .. a non dynamic player to supplement a vey quick and dynamic midfield
  • Jorginho to Arsenal .. very odd signing .. a non dynamic player to supplement a vey quick and dynamic midfield
    I think he will do really well there. Sit back, do the simple stuff right and link the defense and the attack
  • msomerton said:
    I see Leicestet's owners being generous to the club again. They have just written off a debit of £190 million the club owed them. That is what good billionaire owners do.
    Like Abramovich did at Chelsea …
    Genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve signed him just to play in the Europa League so they can keep Partey rested for the PL. Great business if it works out and they win the prem. 

Genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve signed him just to play in the Europa League so they can keep Partey rested for the PL. Great business if it works out and they win the prem. 

He might be getting a very long rest soon...
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Jorginho to Arsenal .. very odd signing .. a non dynamic player to supplement a vey quick and dynamic midfield

He might be getting a very long rest soon...

Shouldn't be playing now.
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64501582

Forest sign free agent Andre Ayew. They were down to their last 35 players
  • msomerton said:
    I see Leicestet's owners being generous to the club again. They have just written off a debit of £190 million the club owed them. That is what good billionaire owners do.
    Something our 3 billionaires can look forward to if we’re successful.

investment
    1. the action or process of investing money for profit.

no one is getting a return on owning us 
  • msomerton said:
    Something our 3 billionaires can look forward to if we’re successful.

investment
    1. the action or process of investing money for profit.

no one is getting a return on owning us 
    Or any football club.
  • Just seen an article about this transfer window. The prem have spent £818 million on players more than the combined spend of the top 4 European leagues. A French football correspondent has painted the picture of the 4 top European leagues as feeder leagues for the prem.
    Which explains why the prem spent nothing in the EFL this time around no trickle down there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Insane Chelsea spent all that money and don’t have a striker.

Fulham excellent again.

Match day squad >£600m with likes of kovatic, kante, felix zakaria on top of that
    annual wage bill £215m
    Actually not so smart imo
  • And bizarre to start Ziyech, the player who should have left

Match day squad >£600m with likes of kovatic, kante, felix zakaria on top of that
    annual wage bill £215m
    I think they decided they needed an overhaul, took advantage of the rules whilst they could, now they have some great young players so they won't need to buy as many players in future.

Mudryk, Fofana, Fernandez are all 22
    Badiashile 21
    Madueke 20
    Andrey Santos 18

Add those to the young players they already have, Reece James, Cucurella, Mount, Gallagher, Havertz etc and their squad is 90% set for the next few years.

As Gary said though, it's incredible they don't have a proper striker.

annual wage bill £215m
    I think they decided they needed an overhaul, took advantage of the rules whilst they could, now they have some great young players so they won't need to buy as many players in future.

Mudryk, Fofana, Fernandez are all 22
    Badiashile 21
    Madueke 20
    Andrey Santos 18

Add those to the young players they already have, Reece James, Cucurella, Mount, Gallagher, Havertz etc and their squad is 90% set for the next few years.

As Gary said though, it's incredible they don't have a proper striker.
    Or they've bought the top table equivalent of Lavelle, Kirk, DJ, McGrandles etc. And are stuck with their wages...
  • edited February 2023
    What a start for Dyche!! - Of course it was a Defender that scored as well :D
  • What a start for Dyche!!
    If you can make yourself hard to beat, you always have a chance of nicking a goal
  • Great performance by Everton.
  • Would spurs fans want to lose tomorrow 
    imagine arsenal win the league by a point and you’ve contributed to that .
    I’d want us to lose in same position , self sacrifice… 
  • Will Klopp last the season...