Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• Everton, Leicester, West Ham…they could all be looking at Dyche.
    which could mean when 1 of them sack their manager another team quickly sack theirs to not miss out on him.
  • edited January 2023
    clb74 said:
    Tottenham fan boots Ramsdale while he's behind the goal getting his water bottle. 

Hope he's banned for life. 
    Should be alright as long as he didn't shout
    Tory at him
    Statement from Tottenham they are trying to identify the person and will take apropreate action. Why was the person not arrested onthe spot?  they should have no problem identify him as his face has been shown on national TV.   
  • Dansk_Red said:
    clb74 said:
    Tottenham fan boots Ramsdale while he's behind the goal getting his water bottle. 

Tory at him
    Statement from Tottenham they are trying to identify the person and will take apropreate action. Why was the person not arrested onthe spot?  they should have no problem identify him as his face has been shown on national TV.   
    He might aswell of handed himself in straight away.
  • Dansk_Red said:
    clb74 said:

Tory at him
    Stewards let him jump over the barrier and then back into the stand. 

Tottenham should get a fine for failure to protect the players, any other club would. 
  • Chelsea are at it again. Have apparently stepped in last minute to gazump Arsenal for Ukrainian winger Mykhailo Mudryk in a deal worth €100m. They're getting around FFP though by giving him a 7 year contract!

Takes their spending since the summer to over 400m and their first team squad is now up to 34 players + 19 out on loan.
    Just read he's actually been given an EIGHT AND A HALF year contract!!

Surely if they need to spread a fee over that length of time to get around FFP then they've already got problems.
  • Lampard will be lucky to see out the end of the day but after that I think Moyes might be leading the sack race. Expectations rose after a really good season and they're not happy hamsters. Which is fantastic. 

• Priceless 
  • This season is weird (in a good way)

Is it the mid late 90s again?

Has time taken a U turn?

Arsenal are Top...Newcastle in the top 4, united are normal title contenders again

Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham are all doing poorly and no where to be seen. At least 2 of those clubs won't be in the top 4.

Is Eddie Howe a parallel universe version of Kevin Keegan? 

In 2028 will Charlton be in a long awaited playoff final for the premier league? 

Is Seesgnon the next Chris Powell?

Have I gone completely mad?

• Dave2l said:
    This season is weird (in a good way)

Is it the mid late 90s again?

Has time taken a U turn?

Arsenal are Top...Newcastle in the top 4, united are normal title contenders again

Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham are all doing poorly and no where to be seen. At least 2 of those clubs won't be in the top 4.

Is Eddie Howe a parallel universe version of Kevin Keegan? 

In 2028 will Charlton be in a long awaited playoff final for the premier league? 

Is Seesgnon the next Chris Powell?

Have I gone completely mad?

Egbo is the new Chris Powell…..
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2023
    I am Arsenal bias, but still think City are going to win, although it does look more likely. 8 points isn't massive when you have City to play twice. 

Lets see after United game and City and then if there is still a cushion 6+ then i will be convinced, regardless its been a great season from Arsenal. The only loss was to United, who were lucky. 

That United decision against City could be massive come the end of the season, not sure i've seen many worse from VAR, Michael Oliver really does need to be dropped from any involvement in these big games, hes awful. I know he wasn't the actual ref, but he made the decision on VAR

Spurs are so bad to watch this season, amazing they are still up there to be honest, they have got away with a few results but just in general start so bad and not much tactical knowledge from Conte. 
  • City winning it is boring.....but......ANYONE but Arsenal please 
  • Arsenal certainly have a chance this season! 

If they do win the league...then the big question will be, can they defend a title???

I'd consider it very unlikely, but if they did manage to defend a league title then it would be safe to say the club will be taken seriously again.

• I am Arsenal bias, but still think City are going to win, although it does look more likely. 8 points isn't massive when you have City to play twice. 

Lets see after United game and City and then if there is still a cushion 6+ then i will be convinced, regardless its been a great season from Arsenal. The only loss was to United, who were lucky. 

That United decision against City could be massive come the end of the season, not sure i've seen many worse from VAR, Michael Oliver really does need to be dropped from any involvement in these big games, hes awful. I know he wasn't the actual ref, but he made the decision on VAR

Spurs are so bad to watch this season, amazing they are still up there to be honest, they have got away with a few results but just in general start so bad and not much tactical knowledge from Conte. 
    According to Dermot Gallagher, they never went to VAR. It was the referees decision. 
  • I am Arsenal bias, but still think City are going to win, although it does look more likely. 8 points isn't massive when you have City to play twice. 

According to Dermot Gallagher, they never went to VAR. It was the referees decision. 
    I thought they said after and during that it went to Michael Oliver who was in charge of VAR, i might be wrong. Would be even more crazy if it didn't go to VAR imo 
  • Just love to see Everton go down to watch the reaction.
  • Apparently betting suspended on Rafa Benitez taking over from David Moyes at West Ham.
    Blimey.
  • Rafa will take them down. 
  • West Ham, Everton and Palace would be my dream trio for relegation but Palace never seem to be in any real trouble. Plus if Chelsea could also get hit with massive FFP sanctions that would be the cherry on the icing!

Don't mind the Gooners winning if it breaks the City stranglehold. Like the football they play at the moment too.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Apparently betting suspended on Rafa Benitez taking over from David Moyes at West Ham.
    Blimey.
    Evens on skybet currently..
  • Sponsored links:

• JohnBoyUK said:
    Apparently betting suspended on Rafa Benitez taking over from David Moyes at West Ham.
    Blimey.

Rafa is now the Spanish and less fat Sam Alladyce 

Only clubs left on "the list" will soon be Palace and west brom.

Fulham and Watford are sack addicts who might welcome him at some point 
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Blimey.
    Went to check whether Betfair have a "Next West Ham Manager" on the Exchange. They don't but they do have "Frank Lampard To Win A Trophy With Everton". Seriously? Who the hell thought that this was a market that would have any real interest?  
    The Championship next season? The Papa John's in 2024/25?
  • Nor just Chelsea giving massively long contracts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64298998

Nottingham Forest have signed Brazilian midfielder Danilo from Palmeiras for a fee of about £16m.
    The 21-year-old joins the City Ground side, who are 13th in the Premier League, on a six-and-a-half-year deal.
    Danilo won two Copa Libertadores and the 2022 Brazilian Serie A title with Palmeiras.

Nottingham Forest have signed Brazilian midfielder Danilo from Palmeiras for a fee of about £16m.
    The 21-year-old joins the City Ground side, who are 13th in the Premier League, on a six-and-a-half-year deal.
    Danilo won two Copa Libertadores and the 2022 Brazilian Serie A title with Palmeiras.
    Personally i think this will become more and more common now.

Clubs will have to spend more to keep up and the only way to do that whilst staying within FFP is to offer stupid long contracts to spread costs out.

It's going to become a problem though for clubs whose signings turn out to be duds and the club is stuck with them for another 5-6 years.

Clubs will have to spend more to keep up and the only way to do that whilst staying within FFP is to offer stupid long contracts to spread costs out.

It's going to become a problem though for clubs whose signings turn out to be duds and the club is stuck with them for another 5-6 years.
    Exactly - and a recipe for disaster especially for a club like Forest if they get relegated. I make it a net spend of about £135m since the end of last season but it isn't just the transfer fee, of course, it's the long term commitment to wages. We feel it for having Aneke but imagine having four or five of those on the books who might not be injured so much as Aneke is but who prove to be not good enough and can't be shifted because no other club will be silly enough to pay their inflated salaries.

Exactly - and a recipe for disaster especially for a club like Forest if they get relegated. I make it a net spend of about £135m since the end of last season but it isn't just the transfer fee, of course, it's the long term commitment to wages. We feel it for having Aneke but imagine having four or five of those on the books who might not be injured so much as Aneke is but who prove to be not good enough and can't be shifted because no other club will be silly enough to pay their inflated salaries.
    I know it's not really the point you're making overall but i think a lot is unfairly made of Forest's spending but in fairness they had a ton of players either on loan last season or out of contract. So they had hardly any players so needed to buy an entire new squad.

So in reality buying a whole squad for 135m or whatever it is now, that is competitive in the PL and has reached the league cup semi's is actually a decent achievement. Look at Everton, they've spent 400-500m in recent years and they're awful. 

I know it's not really the point you're making overall but i think a lot is unfairly made of Forest's spending but in fairness they had a ton of players either on loan last season or out of contract. So they had hardly any players so needed to buy an entire new squad.

So in reality buying a whole squad for 135m or whatever it is now, that is competitive in the PL and has reached the league cup semi's is actually a decent achievement. Look at Everton, they've spent 400-500m in recent years and they're awful. 
    I agree, it's hardly ideal but they were left with a poor squad following promotion.

There is re-sale value in quite a few of those players at Forest aswell, on top of that some very good experience. They have a few duds but that's not surprising.

Villa did the same when they won in the play offs v Derby a few years ago, their squad was borrowed or lacked quality. 

Yes Forest needed to bring in players, but 10 decent ones would have sufficed. As it is when you look at the team that started on Saturday, 5 of them were there last season anyway, so it's not as if they had no existing players who could step up. Indeed their best player Brennan Johnson is home grown