Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• Spurs are pony 
    Absolutely crap
  • edited January 2023
    This is embarrassing for Spurs. They are at home and are getting slaughtered. That said, wouldn't put it past them to get a point but they have to ride the storm and start winning the 50/50s.
    Kane is guaranteed a penalty so you always need to account for that in Tottenham games. 
    There you go - Maybe not
  • Fuck off Arsenal we don’t want you in South London you and spurs deserve each other ..
    now them north of the river scumbags millwall can fcuk off back up north too 

Arsenal left South London and Woolwich in the 1912/13 season, 110 years ago.
    Can you move on !
  • "That's only the second player to be booked for a foul on Saka this season."
  • Hojbjerg should have been booked for that pathetic attempt to con the ref into giving a pen. When are players going to realise that, with VAR, those days are over?
  • Did Spurs buy the wrong Sess twin?

No !
    If this Sessegnon twin is fit to play, No.
    Plus no disrespect to Stephen but I would prefer Ryan who is left footed and would find it easier against League 1 forwards than Arsenal's lively forwards.
  • Did Spurs buy the wrong Sess twin?

No !
    If this Sessegnon twin is fit to play, No.
    Plus no disrespect to Stephen but I would prefer Ryan who is left footed and would find it easier against League 1 forwards than Arsenal's lively forwards.

It was tongue in cheek although I am surprised that Conte didn't bring on Perisic at half time.
  • Some Arsenal fans/critics wanted Arteta sacked last season when they were near the bottom.

If Arteta was at Chelsea under Putin's bitch he would have been sacked.

I want Arsenal to win the title but we are only half way and City players are course and distant title winners. 

Enjoyable as a neutral to watch unless Chelsea are playing when I always want them to lose. 

Spurs woken up.
  • edited January 2023
    Its like watching Charlton with Spurs only able to play the one half of Football

Are we trendsetters?
  • Spurs are pony 
    Absolutely crap

Agree 1st half
    Decent 2nd half team.

Quite bizarre why they are slow starters so often.
  • Sponsored links:

• why the why the hell did Man City let Arsenal have Zinchenko???
  • spurs playing the Charlton part in the Charlton v millwall derby 
  • I've thought Man city would eventually catch Arsenal and win the league. 
    I'm now 90% certain they won't. 
  • spurs playing the Charlton part in the Charlton v millwall derby 
    Except Spurs do actually win some of the meetings between them.
  • Sorry was referencing today , the only time I’ve wanted them to win it 
  • The upside is the spunts might struggle to make the champions league 
  • why the why the hell did Man City let Arsenal have Zinchenko???
    Zinchenko, like Jesus, wanted to play more of a role in the first team and Guardiola wasn't prepared to guarantee that -  Zinchenko only started 10 PL games last season - and I suspect that City didn't perceive Arsenal to be a realistic threat to the title. And they weren't the only ones given their pre season price of 50/1.
  • Looking at the body language of the spuds players. 
    They are not happy campers.
  • Ramsdale has been class
  • Tottenham fan boots Ramsdale while he's behind the goal getting his water bottle. 

Hope he's banned for life. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Tottenham fan boots Ramsdale while he's behind the goal getting his water bottle. 

Conte should try and sign him. Closest they got all day.

Should be alright as long as he didn't shout
    Tory at him
  • Ramsdale has been class

Ramsdale, Pope and Pickford are 3 top keepers.

Ramsdale have stepped up and improved at Arsenal. 
    Henderson failing to get the Jersey at Man utd set his career back and Ramsdale got ahead of him.

Pope has the best hands but will never be as good with his feet as Ramsdale and Pickford.

Pickford has never been at a Premier club that didn't struggle: Sunderland and Everton.
    Spurs would be a decent club for him to go to.
  • Genuinely feel that Spurs are a Harry Kane injury away from being a mid-table side. I've absolutely no idea how they're 5th because almost every time i've watched them play this season they've looked terrible. They were pretty average against Portsmouth in the cup last week as well.

That said, they have City in midweek who they nearly always beat so wouldn't surprise me at all if they went there and won.
  • Best prices on odds checker:

Arsenal 17/20
    Man city 6/4
    Man United 16/1
    Newcastle 50/1

With 60 points to play for both Arsenal and City, I still fancy City to shade it as Arsenal will have a bad spell at some time and no value in Arsenal's odds now.

Brilliant job by Arteta who proved he wasn't just a number 2 at Man city and the Arsenal board deserve credit in sticking by him.
  • Good article 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2023/jan/15/spurs-and-contes-lack-of-fervour-thrown-into-stark-relief-by-arsenal

This made sense to me

But when a coach’s commitment to the club feels so conditional, why should anybody else sweat and bleed for it? Conte is not wedded to this project as Pep Guardiola is to Manchester City or Jürgen Klopp to Liverpool. He does not empathise with Tottenham as Mikel Arteta does with Arsenal or Gareth Ainsworth with Wycombe. This is a job, and a strictly limited-term job at that, a job to keep him going until something better comes along. His priority, career-wise, is simply not to mess up. Grasp that, and everything you see on the pitch makes a little more sense.

• So who do you reckon will be the next PL manager to be sacked or quit?

Moyes (at West Ham), Lampard (at Everton) and Rodgers (at Leicester) must be good bets. O'Neil at Bournemouth must also be on dodgy ground.

Will Leeds lose patience with Marsch?

Or will Klopp or Conte shock us all by walking out?

I'm going for Moyes.  

• So who do you reckon will be the next PL manager to be sacked or quit?

Moyes (at West Ham), Lampard (at Everton) and Rodgers (at Leicester) must be good bets. O'Neil at Bournemouth must also be on dodgy ground.

Will Leeds lose patience with Marsch?

Or will Klopp or Conte shock us all by walking out?

I'm going for Moyes.  

I think Lampard, though maybe the board are too weak to sack him.