Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• Chelsea are at it again. Have apparently stepped in last minute to gazump Arsenal for Ukrainian winger Mykhailo Mudryk in a deal worth €100m. They're getting around FFP though by giving him a 7 year contract!

Takes their spending since the summer to over 400m and their first team squad is now up to 34 players + 19 out on loan.

Hopefully they keep losing

For everyone's entertainment 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Dave2l said:
    Klopp must be looking over his shoulder.

The results business won't be happy and it's now possibly his last season 
    Probably a few managers looking over their shoulder tonight. Lampard, Rodgers, Moyes. I'd be surprised if at least one of them isn't sacked by next week.
    Moyes and Fat Frank should swap jobs they would both keep the other teams team up.
    Why do you think Frank would keep West Ham up? Awful manager. He's got two prem jobs because he was a good player and can talk slightly more intelligently than an average footballer.
  • Chelsea are at it again. Have apparently stepped in last minute to gazump Arsenal for Ukrainian winger Mykhailo Mudryk in a deal worth €100m. They're getting around FFP though by giving him a 7 year contract!

Takes their spending since the summer to over 400m and their first team squad is now up to 34 players + 19 out on loan.
    With a squad that size, I somehow don't think Burstow has much chance of making a debut for them this side of 2027!
  • If the laws of the game say that Rashford isn't interfering with play for that goal then the law needs changing.
    Exactly this. By the current laws of the game, it's probably the correct decision, but the law is wrong & needs changing 

The 19 out on loan could probably give the current first team a good game.

With a squad that size, I somehow don't think Burstow has much chance of making a debut for them this side of 2027!

If ever. Burstow has played 13 games for Chelsea's U21s and just one match for their U23s. He isn't knocking on the first team door.

We moan as a club that we always get mugged but I will offer two names where we have, potentially, made millions out of deals and where the clubs that bought him will not, in the first case and may not in the second example, get anything like their money back. Bonne, who a lot of people don't seem to think, even now, that he can cut it at League 1 level and yet we received £2m for and Burstow who, on the back of two goals in 16 League appearances, we got £1.6m. 

I've previously said that I have no issue with players moving on to further their career. Financially, both are far more secure for doing so and it is a short career. The idea that those two, had they stayed, would be better players now and could then make that big move is an empty one especially when one looks at how Bonne's career had gone. And we might resent that those funds haven't been re-invested but that is down to the ownership and need to keep the Club afloat and nothing to do with whether it was a good deal for us or not.  
  • Dave2l said:
    Chelsea are at it again. Have apparently stepped in last minute to gazump Arsenal for Ukrainian winger Mykhailo Mudryk in a deal worth €100m. They're getting around FFP though by giving him a 7 year contract!

Apart from today. 

I'd take 0-0

Which includes 6 injuries, 4 sending offs, no shots on target and fans walk out early 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I don't see much credit given towards the official that originally gave it as offside only for the tech to overrule what was the correct decision.
    I don't remember them going to var? The ref was harrassed by the United players and bottled it. 
    Alternatively he followed the (ridiculous) laws of the game.

The ref on BT explained why it was right to award the goal. 

Refs protecting their own? What a shocker. 

They should focus more on learning the rules of the game. 
    The on field ref disallowed it...
    So he had no assistance from the VAR team?
    The on field decision was no goal.  VAR over ruled the off side.  Peter Walton explained, before VAR finished checking it, why it would be over ruled under the current interpretation.

In my opinion everyone is right.  The on field ref disallowed it because morally, commonsenseicaly, in the spirt of the game, what ever, it is clearly off side.

VAR over ruled commonsense on a technicality.  Which is not the point of VAR.
  • Dave2l said:
    Dave2l said:
    Chelsea are at it again. Have apparently stepped in last minute to gazump Arsenal for Ukrainian winger Mykhailo Mudryk in a deal worth €100m. They're getting around FFP though by giving him a 7 year contract!

Apart from today. 

I'd take 0-0

Which includes 6 injuries, 4 sending offs, no shots on target and fans walk out early 
    Plus a fight on the pitch, both teams getting so many red cards the game is abandoned and both given automatic relegation, a £100m fine to be distributed to EFL teams, and Cat 1 Academy status stripped from them as punishment.

I don’t think I’ve gone far enough, but I’d take that. 🤪
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't see much credit given towards the official that originally gave it as offside only for the tech to overrule what was the correct decision.
    I don't remember them going to var? The ref was harrassed by the United players and bottled it. 
    Alternatively he followed the (ridiculous) laws of the game.

The ref on BT explained why it was right to award the goal. 

Refs protecting their own? What a shocker. 

They should focus more on learning the rules of the game. 
    Are you aware of the recent changes to the rules surrounding this issue? Or just ranting based on out of date info. 
    https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside

• interfering with an opponent by:
      • preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
      • challenging an opponent for the ball or
      • clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
      • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

• Everyone blaming the rules rather than the officials haven’t read the rules and are taking pundits and referee’s words as gospel. 

It was offside, Rashford interfered. The ‘touch’ rule isn’t in the rule book. 

Those chants of 'we want our Chelsea back' against Fulham have worked then. Reverted back to ruining the transfer market for the rest of English football 🥴

All part of their player farming, he was never going to be anywhere near getting a game for them. When a club can spend that kind of money you either have to be a world class prospect or the club be lacking in your position to have any hope of a game. 

He'll probably get a couple of loans in the next 2-3 years, they'll hope he does well and then they'll look to sell him on for 5-10m.
  • Dave2l said:

For once I wouldn't mind seeing Palace win today......Palace, West Ham & Chelsea to go down.
  • That will give us a few derbies in the Championship next season.
  • It’s fun watching Chelsea being so crap, but I wish they’d turn it on, just for a couple of minutes, and score against these spotty virgins.
  • Everyone blaming the rules rather than the officials haven’t read the rules and are taking pundits and referee’s words as gospel

The on field officials gave it off side.
  • Didn't the Fulham player tread on Trippier's foot first?
  • I ask myself, would I feel a sense of hate for Chelsea If it wasn't for the Russian billionaire ruining football and also taking Parker from us.

I think I would still hate them.

They are simply just a shit football club generating a bizarre sense of irrational arrogance 
  • Sponsored links:

• Shocking weekend from the officials... No way is that a penalty
  • Double hit by Mitrovic
  • Did Pope get booked for scuffing up the penalty spot or for time wasting?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Everyone blaming the rules rather than the officials haven’t read the rules and are taking pundits and referee’s words as gospel

Lino gave it, ref overruled him after the United players harassed him. 
  • Never seen that before on a pen. Crazy.
  • Don’t know how the arm pull 10 seconds before the penalty wasn’t a penalty 
  • edited January 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Everyone blaming the rules rather than the officials haven’t read the rules and are taking pundits and referee’s words as gospel

Lino gave it, ref overruled him after the United players harassed him. 
    VAR over ruled it.

Anyway in any sort of common sense world it should be off side.
  • Feel dirty wanting spurs to win but the gooner cnuts are dusting off their cobwebs and beginning to pipe up