Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• Fat frank is surely gone tonight
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Fuck off back to mid table / champ obscurity City. Just another Sunderland / Sheff Weds.

Bored of them winning everything all the time.
    Oi.  Go sit on the naughty step fella.
    Have you seen who is top of the bloody league?

You know when you get that sinking feeling no one is catching them? FML.
    Well, you know who can do something about it tomorrow?

(But won't).
  • I think one of Liverpool's problems is the tactics they employ, they used be the only team that had a full team, really aggressively high press, with really attacking fullbacks that got right up to the bylines when attacking, with the wingers tucking in and overloading the box, and teams couldn't cope with it. Nowadays a lot of teams play in this way or a variation on it, and therefore defences play against it more often and have developed ways to stop it more effectively, and Klopp hasn't adapted or changed it. Combine that with their front line not being on fire, and a very average looking midfield, and you get where they are right now. 

Arsenal are a team where the total is more the sum of its parts right now, and momentum is a huge thing
  • Klopp must be looking over his shoulder.

The results business won't be happy and it's now possibly his last season 
  • edited January 2023
    Can't believe they've given Lampard this long, what an awful manager. 

Been there a year and has a points-per-game of 0.95 in 37 league games. 
  • Dave2l said:
    Klopp must be looking over his shoulder.

Probably a few managers looking over their shoulder tonight. Lampard, Rodgers, Moyes. I'd be surprised if at least one of them isn't sacked by next week.
  • First time Liverpool have lost a Saturday 3pm kick off since February 2017.
  • Seen that first United goal about 20 times now and it's still beyond me that it was given.

How can the officials possibly say that Rashford isn't interfering with play when he ran alongside the ball for about 5 seconds and was in between the ball and a City defender. 
    Agree. It's a joke that's been given.
  • Sponsored links:

• Really tight in the bottom half this season.

Two points separating Southampton in 20th and Leicester in 14th.
  • Half way through the season and Brentford, Brighton and Fulham are all above both Liverpool and Chelsea
  • I don't see much credit given towards the official that originally gave it as offside only for the tech to overrule what was the correct decision.
    I don't remember them going to var? The ref was harrassed by the United players and bottled it. 
    Alternatively he followed the (ridiculous) laws of the game.

The ref on BT explained why it was right to award the goal. 
  • Mental that Brentford Bournemouth is a Premier League fixture
  • I've said before, Brentford are a fantastic club. Bournemouth tho, they need to go.
  • I don't see much credit given towards the official that originally gave it as offside only for the tech to overrule what was the correct decision.
    I don't remember them going to var? The ref was harrassed by the United players and bottled it. 

Refs protecting their own? What a shocker. 

They should focus more on learning the rules of the game. 
  • This is the last week Bournemouth will spend outside the relegation zone this season
  • Strange season.

Pretty much every team is underperforming apart from Arsenal,  Newcastle,  Brighton and Fulham.
    Man United are probably content enough as it stands

Obviously,  there will be clubs happy being in the middle of the table...but that's about it.

• The equaliser in the Manchester Derby may aswell be renamed "the silent assist"

• Sponsored links:

• edited January 2023

If the laws allow that to happen then they need ripping up
    The ref made an incorrect decision. 

The twisting of this into blaming 'the rules' from pundits is nonsense aimed at taking the flack off from the referees. The rules says you can't block a player from playing the ball, he did. Offside. 

• If the laws allow that to happen then they need ripping up
    The ref made an incorrect decision. 

The twisting of this into blaming 'the rules' from pundits is nonsense aimed at taking the flack off from the referees. The rules says you can't block a player from playing the ball, he did. Offside. 
    My point is that VAR got involved, therefore the rules come into play more because they take on things the ref may not see. If that’s allowed to stand after taking on the movement of 4 players, then it’s a joke.

The on field ref disallowed it...
  • Dave2l said:
    Klopp must be looking over his shoulder.

Probably a few managers looking over their shoulder tonight. Lampard, Rodgers, Moyes. I'd be surprised if at least one of them isn't sacked by next week.
    Moyes and Fat Frank should swap jobs they would both keep the other teams team up.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I don't see much credit given towards the official that originally gave it as offside only for the tech to overrule what was the correct decision.

The on field ref disallowed it...
    So he had no assistance from the VAR team?

It the ref was correct in awarding the goal then I expect all 92 league clubs next week to be making sure their strikers are all offside when running onto through balls, with a couple of onside midfielders following closely behind to tap in the lose ball after a defender has tried to clear it.

And if the goal is not given I would be withdrawing my players in protest.

I bet that goal will not stand from next week onwards.

Are you aware of the recent changes to the rules surrounding this issue? Or just ranting based on out of date info. 
  • Chelsea are at it again. Have apparently stepped in last minute to gazump Arsenal for Ukrainian winger Mykhailo Mudryk in a deal worth €100m. They're getting around FFP though by giving him a 7 year contract!

Takes their spending since the summer to over 400m and their first team squad is now up to 34 players + 19 out on loan.