Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• Options
    Man City heads have gone
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    And look how much a referee can turn a game. 

The quality of officials in this country are dreadful. 
    Lets not pretend they're any better elsewhere - the World Cup proved that
  • Options
    First goal that is. Second he clearly on
  • Options
    Defenders obviously would have dealt with it differently if Rashford wasn’t there. So he’s interfering with play. Should have been offside imo.

big call.
    Wasn't big, was a simple call that they got wrong. 

Happens far too often. 
  • Options
    Oops!  😬 
  • Options
    If the laws of the game say that Rashford isn't interfering with play for that goal then the law needs changing.
    This is the thing here. 
    If the laws as they stand say he’s not interfering then the goal has to be given, but that also means the law is an ass.
    You can’t say Rashford’s presence didn’t affect the behaviour of the defence.
    Correct.
  • Options
    Doesn't the law involve making a movement towards the ball?

Anyway, who wants to see City win the league again? Dull!
  • Options
    Leuth said:

He does? 

He literally shaped up to shoot and then left it for Fernandes. There's no justification for that decision other than pure intimidation by the United players. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:

City fans, probably. 🤓
  • Options
    Leuth said:

He does? 

He literally shaped up to shoot and then left it for Fernandes. There's no justification for that decision other than pure intimidation by the United players. 
    Ah, but did he attempt to play the ball?
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    That was a tough call.
    The officials would have been slagged off whether giving or disallowing the 'goal' but the question is:

If Rashford hadn't shielded/ carried on his run,  could one of the defenders have made a challenge even if it meant taking a booking. I would say yes.

Who would be a referee or VAR.

• Options
    You can be offside for interfering with an opponent too, they were clearly trying to defend against him too before he left it for Fernandes, I don't see how he wasn't offside.
  • Options
    Fuck off back to mid table / champ obscurity City. Just another Sunderland / Sheff Weds.

Bored of them winning everything all the time.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:

He does? 

Ah, but did he attempt to play the ball?
    He blocks the Man City defender from intercepting the ball. They change their behaviour based from his movement. 

He moves towards the ball purely to attempt to play the ball. 
  • Options
    Shaw has been brilliant today.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Another game arbitrarily decided by a referee. 

• Options
    Offside rule needs  to change back to where it has been years gone by. If a player if offside they are offside. Maybe ok if they are coming back & having no intention to be part of the play but to run after the ball or be in a position that the defender is aware you are there then its offside.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Marcus Rashford had an injury that he recovered from in 15 minutes.
    Chuks Aneke get the same knock and is out for 12 weeks 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    If the laws of the game say that Rashford isn't interfering with play for that goal then the law needs changing.
    This is the thing here. 
    If the laws as they stand say he’s not interfering then the goal has to be given, but that also means the law is an ass.
    You can’t say Rashford’s presence didn’t affect the behaviour of the defence.

Good summing up your Lordship.

• Options
    I don't see much credit given towards the official that originally gave it as offside only for the tech to overrule what was the correct decision.
  • Options
    Brighton are on the March.
  • Options
    Marching double time now!

All going off at the bottom as well.
  • Options
    I don't see much credit given towards the official that originally gave it as offside only for the tech to overrule what was the correct decision.
    I don't remember them going to var? The ref was harrassed by the United players and bottled it. 
  • Options
    I don't remember them going to var? The ref was harrassed by the United players and bottled it. 
    I only see the live update from ssn and the reporter said its being checked.
  • Options
    Relegation in the Premier League. Huge wins for Wolves, Forest and Southampton but equally awful results for West Ham, Everton and Leicester.