Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• Options
    Potter must've run over a black cat.
    A new injury every game and now the expensive loanee sent off.
    Great 👍 as it's Chelsea.
  • Options
    Fulham back in front
  • Options
    Kepa is shocking
  • Options
    G'wan Vinny
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Whoops Joao Felix sent off in his very first Chelsea game.
    Considering he cost nearly £10m for 5 months, a 3 match ban is probably over £1m of that up in smoke already.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    CAFCsayer said:
    Marco Silva deserves more plaudits, this Fulham team is dogshit on paper and they’re 6th
    Has to be up there for manager of the season for what he has done with Fulham.

They've been excellent tonight, even without Mitrovic.  

(at least manager of the first haf of the season - hard to believe we've not hit halfway yet!)
  • Options
    Feel for potter. Their run of games with the injuries they’ve got is horrid.
  • Options
    Yeah it's terrible. 🤣
  • Options
    I quite like Potter, but it's Chelsea so ah well....

He can get sacked, get a big payoff and go and do well somewhere else.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I like Potter and see him as a potential future England manager but would still laugh my socks off if they finish below Fulham and Brentford.

The way of the world now I suspect he might be gone by Easter if that looks likely to happen though. 
  • Options
    Hmmmm, hold on a minute.  Erm, no, nope, sorry, cant find an ounce of sympathy.

As long as they dont go for Poch...
    And we end up with Potter when Conte walks...

• Options
    I like Potter and see him as a potential future England manager but would still laugh my socks off if they finish below Fulham and Brentford.

The way of the world now I suspect he might be gone by Easter if that looks likely to happen though. 
    Gone by Easter?  Bet they are sniffing around a replacement already.
  • Options
    I wasn’t remotely suggesting Chelsea sympathy. I’m talking about potter. With their fans and owners, the blame is only heading in one direction.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Adebayo Akinfenwa is a lovely bloke but watching his advert five times in 10 minutes was too much !

• Options
    The run wasn't that bad. You'd expect more than 1 point from games at Forest and Fulham, two newly promoted teams.

Fulham now have an incredible 31 points. They're nearly safe from relegation with half the season to go!
  • Options
    Chelsea have as many points, after as many games as Blackpool had in 10-11. 
  • Options
    The run wasn't that bad. You'd expect more than 1 point from games at Forest and Fulham, two newly promoted teams.

Fulham now have an incredible 31 points. They're nearly safe from relegation with half the season to go!
    No but once you get in that rut it’s hard to pull out of, especially when they have the injury list they have.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    I feel for Potter, but not for Chelsea and their spoilt supporters (so many live near me) but 10 injuries to the First team squad is similar to what Bowyer had in the Championship.

The difference is Chelsea will just keep spending.

• Options
    Considering he cost nearly £10m for 5 months, a 3 match ban is probably over £1m of that up in smoke already.
    I think i saw on twitter that he now can't play again until 11 February, so in that time with his wages and a % of the loan fee included he will cost them over 2m in that time and won't kick a ball.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I feel for Potter, but not for Chelsea and their spoilt supporters (so many live near me) but 10 injuries to the First team squad is similar to what Bowyer had in the Championship.

The difference is Chelsea will just keep spending.

Same here, i don't like Chelsea but i want Potter to do well, as him failing is a nail in the coffin for any lesser name manager getting a big job. Moyes failed at United, Nuno failed at Spurs and now Potter is struggling. 

I'd like to see him given the time to turn it around when he has most of his players fit. James, Chilwell, Fofana, Kante, Sterling would all be starting when fit. Now he loses Felix for 3 games who actually looked really good last night before the sending off. When Potter first went there he had a 9 game unbeaten run so he can do it.

That said they've spent an obscene amount of money and have to be doing better than they are.
  • Options
    I think i saw on twitter that he now can't play again until 11 February, so in that time with his wages and a % of the loan fee included he will cost them over 2m in that time and won't kick a ball.
    2 million is a drop in the ocean for Chelsea, but the fact they need him on the pitch. He started quite well, just a poor mis-timed tackle, bad luck for Chelsea but I'm sure its due. Reminds me a bit of Arsenal when they were in a rut a few years ago Emery, it looks like a rebuild is needed and you can't really put that on Potter.
  • Options
    2 million is a drop in the ocean for Chelsea, but the fact they need him on the pitch. He started quite well, just a poor mis-timed tackle, bad luck for Chelsea but I'm sure its due. Reminds me a bit of Arsenal when they were in a rut a few years ago Emery, it looks like a rebuild is needed and you can't really put that on Potter.
    Exactly. Fuck em, now their army of plastic fans who've only ever known success under Abramovich are getting to see Chelsea where they used to be in the early 90s. 

It's a bit drastic to say a rebuild is necessary though. This is a team who came 3rd last year and have spent 300m+ since. 100% we all know they need to buy a striker, and they probably need a creative midfielder as well but if they get them and get their main guys back fit then they'll be fine. They also have Nkunku arriving in the summer as well.

Their squad is strong but just decimated with injuries and i think if you took 5-6 first team starters out of any side they'd struggle. They'll be back in the top 4 next season i'm sure, so we just need to enjoy their current mess whilst it lasts as i don't see it being for long.
  • Options
    Exactly. Fuck em, now their army of plastic fans who've only ever known success under Abramovich are getting to see Chelsea where they used to be in the early 90s. 

It's a bit drastic to say a rebuild is necessary though. This is a team who came 3rd last year and have spent 300m+ since. 100% we all know they need to buy a striker, and they probably need a creative midfielder as well but if they get them and get their main guys back fit then they'll be fine. They also have Nkunku arriving in the summer as well.

Their squad is strong but just decimated with injuries and i think if you took 5-6 first team starters out of any side they'd struggle. They'll be back in the top 4 next season i'm sure, so we just need to enjoy their current mess whilst it lasts as i don't see it being for long.
    Exactly. Same with man utd - thoroughly enjoyed their melt down at the start of the season but it was never going to last once Ten Hag got his feet properly under the table.

Enjoy the big clubs misery whilst it lasts because sooner or later their money will propel them back upwards.

And I'm certainly enjoying chelsea's predicament atm!
  • Options
    It's not competition in the traditional sense, but having 7 big clubs competing for 4 Champions League spots really does give English football an extra edge. Ten Hag for example  could improve United but "fail" by only finishing 5th
  • Options
  • Options
    Leeds down 1-0 to an early Villa goal but they’re playing some really good stuff.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Ashley Young made his professional debut for Watford three months before the guy he is up against, Wilfried Gnonto, was born.
  • Options

Interesting view…. By that do they mean they want to become a mid to lower half Prem team (dabbling with the championship) again??