Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pope dosh?

Comments

• Options
    paulfox said:
    I wouldn’t get too excited yet… running costs have to be covered first.
    Which is money that doesn’t have to be found, which surely is a positive?
    Yeah of course, I just don’t want people to think we have a 5 million transfer budget all of a sudden.

I’m sure some money will be spent, as we have done in previous windows, but I’d be shocked if any fees above 500k are involved in this summer recruitment.
    I think if we spend 500k multiple times in league 1, with the right decisions that should give us a good chance, millions on a single signing is unrealistic. Truthfully though as with many subjects we just don’t know what our budget is, like nobody knows who the manager will be etc. it’s guesswork until it happens.
  • Options
    There is no smoke without fire, the Pope is heading to Upton Park to replace 37 year old Fabianski.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    TS to use it covering Simply Red’s ‘If you don’t know me by now’ 
    Probably use Juxtaposition Records too. 
  • Options
    Burnley will be in League One within 2 years.
  • Options
    There is no smoke without fire, the Pope is heading to Upton Park to replace 37 year old Fabianski.
    He is going to Spurs for big bucks. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022

Straight in as number 1 to replace Lloris !
    No way will Nick Pope be a number 2 at 30 years old when he has had another good season. Henderson made a big mistake going back to United. 

We all hope Pope goes for big bucks 🤞
  • Options
    Saw what you did there…..the Pope no smoke without fire….ha ha, very clever sbs.
  • Options
    Saw what you did there…..the Pope no smoke without fire….ha ha, very clever sbs.

Cheers, I'm pleased someone noticed !
    @SoundAsa£

Wrong thread, but did you see the Brazilian flag at the Sheffield United training ground yesterday as you said you were there (no effing penalty) well that was the parents of a Brazilian Fernando Macedo who I saw play 18 months ago in an academy match and he scored a worldy plus a free kick goal. Sheffield United must've some team if he was only on the bench. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    So, he goes for £30M. We get 30% of £29M of that= £8.7M..  would be nice. 

In reality probably 20% of £14M, still £2.8M which would still be nice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:
    TS to use it covering Simply Red’s ‘If you don’t know me by now’ 
    Erm Harold Melvin & The Bluenotes ‘If you don’t know me by now’
  • Options

In reality probably 20% of £14M, still £2.8M which would be nice.

The article linked to Cawley said it's 'more than 20%.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I fear for Burnley fans now. The rumours were that the new owners were dodgy after promising loads of money to spend have done very little. Time will tell but I suspect a mass sell off of any players worth anything and league one in a couple of years
    That won't take long
  • Options
    Twitter post saying that there’s sell on fees for JBG and pope? 
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    Twitter post saying that there’s sell on fees for JBG and pope? 
    Who on twitter?
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    AndyG said:
    I fear for Burnley fans now. The rumours were that the new owners were dodgy after promising loads of money to spend have done very little. Time will tell but I suspect a mass sell off of any players worth anything and league one in a couple of years
    That won't take long
    Exactly, 19 players out of contract !!!
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    That won't take long
    Exactly, 19 players out of contract !!!
    Who if anyone is under contract and potentially worth more than Pope?
  • Options
    Loving the optimism that TS will invest any sell on money into our squad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What does “over 20%” mean exactly? Seems an odd comment.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Loving the optimism that TS will invest any sell on money into our squad.
    He's invested so far, see no reason why he might not.
    Agree but he might see any Pope money as a way of getting some of his money back, rather than keep shelling out. We will have a clearer idea after the manager and a few singings are in the house.

Statement of intent or bargain basement.................watch this space.
  • Options

Cheers, I'm pleased someone noticed !
    @SoundAsa£

Wrong thread, but did you see the Brazilian flag at the Sheffield United training ground yesterday as you said you were there (no effing penalty) well that was the parents of a Brazilian Fernando Macedo who I saw play 18 months ago in an academy match and he scored a worldy plus a free kick goal. Sheffield United must've some team if he was only on the bench. 
    No, I didn’t notice it.
  • Options
    I imagine TS has been facing next season in the way he is kind of obliged to as in keeping on keeping on.
    I doubt very much that he has been doing the facing next season bit assuming there would be any money coming in for Pope, after all Burnley only got relegated today and as things stand right now Pope remains a Burnley player.
    So any 'windfall' money because of Pope would be unexpected. next season has to be paid for anyway.
    If this lucky break happens TS could use the money to fund past losses, or he could spend it, or he could do a bit of both.
    Now any spend of the Pope money on players would be over and above what TS had hitherto been minded to spend on next season.
    This would be also known as a good thing provided it wasn't wasted.
    If any Pope money was used to cover losses it makes us a little more secure, if it is used well on players it makes us more competitive.
    I suppose another option might be to also sink a bit extra into the academy, which can also be filed under a good thing.
    The total downside would be if TS playboyed the money away on luxury flats, luxury cars, nice breads and biatches.
  • Options
    Personally i'd be surprised if he goes for the 30 or 40m some people have mentioned. 

Unless Burnley can get a bidding war going, then why would a club pay 30m+ for a keeper who they know wants to leave from a championship club who they know are desperate for money to fund a loan repayment.

The good news for Burnley (and us) is that a few clubs need a keeper. West Ham, Palace, Leicester (Schmeichel is rumoured to be leaving). 
  • Options
    If clubs feel Burnley have to sell, what is needed is a bidding war to maximise the price. I think Fulham might be the ones but can't see more than £20m.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Fingers crossed they can get 25m, as 5m for us will be huge. 2m towards transfers (i can dream), the rest to cover losses.

If Gomez is sold as well, TS will be laughing.
  • Options

In reality probably 20% of £14M, still £2.8M which would be nice.
    If it’s the first scenario, would that make Pope our third most lucrative export behind Parker and Bent? 
  • Options
    Can’t see him going for more than 15m