Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pope dosh?

Burnley relegated. Money coming our way?

Comments

• Fingers crossed.
  • Hope that’s the case, could be a big boost if there is a clause, I’m sure someone will have him, maybe Newcastle?…… hope the rat doesn’t behave dibs on any money in though.😬
  • Sell on close to 30% is it not?

Question is which Premier League side will spend £15-20million on him?

Leicester? Newcastle? Palace? Brentford? Southampton? Not sure who.

Can only hope he leaves and we manage to get around £4million.
  • I wouldn’t get too excited yet… running costs have to be covered first.
  • Almost certainly, I would think.

Even if Burnley stayed up, I don't think that they would have been able to keep him with the season he's had.

However, I was still cheering on a Burnley relegation to make sure that he moves on and we profit.

Hopefully our cut will take the sting out of building an expensive, all-conquering Addicks squad for next season...we can but hope!
  • Sage said:
    Sell on close to 30% is it not?

Question is which Premier League side will spend £15-20million on him?

Leicester? Newcastle? Palace? Brentford? Southampton? Not sure who.

Can only hope he leaves and we manage to get around £4million.
    Apparently Fulham and West Ham are front runners. 
  • edited May 2022
    Let’s hope this comes off, knowing our luck, he’s out of contract, and will leave on a free.
  • Upon relegation Burnleys new owners have to pay £63 million pounds. (So I read) Assume it's to do with the loan they took out for buying the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2022
     If he goes it wouldn’t surprise me if it was between 25 & 30 million.
    He’s very highly rated you know.
  • I wouldn’t get too excited yet… running costs have to be covered first.
    Which is money that doesn’t have to be found, which surely is a positive?
  • Lets hope there is a bidding war for him to push up the price.

If Newcastle throw their hat in there that would help.

Just hope we are not disappointed with the outcome.
  •  If he goes it wouldn’t surprise me if it was between 25 & 30 million.
    He’s rated and those figures I think are more realistic than the £40 million above. Are we certain that there’s a sell on ?
  •  If he goes it wouldn’t surprise me if it was between 25 & 30 million.
    He’s rated and those figures I think are more realistic than the £40 million above. Are we certain that there’s a sell on ?
    Is this where we find out that Mouthall flogged the sell on clause and spanked the dish in Dubai with his Mrs ?? Ffs imagine the meltdown !!
  • What would be our cut?
  • Surely he goes for £10m+ 
    so I’d imagine we’ll get £2-4m- which could be extremely positive if it goes on transfers 
  • sammy391 said:
    Surely he goes for £10m+ 
    so I’d imagine we’ll get £2-4m- which could be extremely positive if it goes on transfers 
    I’m expecting if he’s sold that he’ll go for double that. I’d also expect TS to put some in his back pocket but would also be surprised if the transfer kitty wasn’t also increased. What’s the news on Gomez ?
  • Nick Pope is an excellent goalie and I'm pretty sure he'll be moving on.

I think relegation has triggered a clause whereby Burnley have to pay something like £65 million to repay a loan. Kieran Maguire said on 'The Price of Football' podcast that Cornet's release clause is limited to £17 million, so they are going to have to raise substantial funds to pay the balance and rebuild the side, with 10 players out of contract, including their key central defenders James Tarkowski and Ben Mee.
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought that idiot Roland sold him for only £1 million but perhaps there were other payments built into the deal.
  • Off topic I know but I wouldn't bet against a double relegation for Burnley .

I have a funny feeling the new managers will not be good for the club.
  • paulfox said:
    I wouldn’t get too excited yet… running costs have to be covered first.
    Which is money that doesn’t have to be found, which surely is a positive?
    Yeah of course, I just don’t want people to think we have a 5 million transfer budget all of a sudden.

I’m sure some money will be spent, as we have done in previous windows, but I’d be shocked if any fees above 500k are involved in this summer recruitment.
  • AndyG said:
    I fear for Burnley fans now. The rumours were that the new owners were dodgy after promising loads of money to spend have done very little. Time will tell but I suspect a mass sell off of any players worth anything and league one in a couple of years
    Good, tinpot club with a shite stadium in the arse end of nowhere.