Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football League Play-Offs

Comments

• Options
    FT 1-0. Wycombe in the play-off final.

MK-Wycombe

68-32 possession
    29-2 shots
    6-0 on target
    18-1 corners
    Over the 2 legs MK had 36 shots on goal.........but only 7 on target. 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Imagine watching Wycombe every week. Dear god, the epitomy of anti football.
    Indeed .. and I’ve seen some of our fans suggesting Ainsworth as our manager. Thanks, but no thanks
    Sounds horrendous doesn’t it, competing in every game and punching above your weight in general. 
  • Options
    FT 1-0. Wycombe in the play-off final.

MK-Wycombe

68-32 possession
    29-2 shots
    6-0 on target
    18-1 corners
    Over the 2 legs MK had 36 shots on goal.........but only 7 on target. 
    Looks like our shooting stats for the season.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    DISRESPECT. 

MK "giving" the Wycombe faithful just 2,000 tickets and putting them in 2 sections of the Upper with a vacant block of seats between them. 

And it came back to bite them on the bum.

Hmmm. Thoughts, anyone ? 
    Total right thing to do. You have to try and take any advantages you can get, why on earth would you give the away side 5/6/7k to help cheer their team on? 

Well, it certainly worked, didn't it !
  • Options
    I dislike MK on principle and I like Wycombe, but the way Sky deals with them took me very close to turning on them today. I've honestly never seen coverage like it. The whole match I swear the camera lingered on Joe Jacobson reacting to things more than the actual football. I get it, he's got lovely eyes, but the level of obsession they have with him is a bit weird. Then the extended coverage of their players celebrating, the constant talk of Ainsworth's guitar and his unbuttoned shirt, the interview with Akinfenwa even though he didn't actually play. I like all of these people, I like the team, I just find it really odd the way Sky treats them like they're a local pub team who have just won the Champions League rather than a League One team doing well in League One. They were in the Championship last season! I wonder how Wycombe fans feel about it, I think I'd feel quite condescended to.
  • Options
    Wycombe Wanderers are what I call an anti football team.
    Come on MKD.
    Don’t disagree with your view on Wycombe but MKD are surly an anti football franchise club
    Franchise club yes. I can't see where you get anti football from.
    Because the basis of football in this country is teams from specific places competing and moving up and down the leagues. That to me is a big part of what creates the atmosphere and passion in the sport. How could anyone genuinely support a team that might be from Wimbledon one year then transplanted to another part of the country. That goes against the beautiful game to me.
    Arsenal moved North of the Thames
    Coventry moved ground, then left & ground shared, then moved back again.
    Derby moved ground
    Boro moved ground
    Leicester moved ground
    Brighton move from Hove to Falmer Swansea moved up the hill.
    Wrexham left the Racehorse ground 

Need I go on. How far do you need to move for you not to be the same team...??  5 miles  ?  10  ??

You tell me. I am genuinely interested. As you know (because I label the point every time, MK Dons ARE Wimbledon. You can't change history, no matter how much the EFL want to please people. 

• Options
    Wycombe vs Wednesday or Sunderland will be such a contrast in clubs
  • Options
    Wycombe Wanderers are what I call an anti football team.
    Come on MKD.
    Don’t disagree with your view on Wycombe but MKD are surly an anti football franchise club
    Franchise club yes. I can't see where you get anti football from.
    Because the basis of football in this country is teams from specific places competing and moving up and down the leagues. That to me is a big part of what creates the atmosphere and passion in the sport. How could anyone genuinely support a team that might be from Wimbledon one year then transplanted to another part of the country. That goes against the beautiful game to me.
    Arsenal moved North of the Thames
    Coventry moved ground, then left & ground shared, then moved back again.
    Derby moved ground
    Boro moved ground
    Leicester moved ground
    Brighton move from Hove to Falmer Swansea moved up the hill.
    Wrexham left the Racehorse ground 

Need I go on. How far do you need to move for you not to be the same team...??  5 miles  ?  10  ??

You tell me. I am genuinely interested. As you know (because I label the point every time, MK Dons ARE Wimbledon. You can't change history, no matter how much the EFL want to please people. 

No they didn’t - still play there.
  • Options
    Fanny Fanackapan said: but 
    J BLOCK said:
    DISRESPECT. 

MK "giving" the Wycombe faithful just 2,000 tickets and putting them in 2 sections of the Upper with a vacant block of seats between them. 

And it came back to bite them on the bum.

Hmmm. Thoughts, anyone ? 
    Total right thing to do. You have to try and take any advantages you can get, why on earth would you give the away side 5/6/7k to help cheer their team on? 

Well, it certainly worked, didn't it !
    Yes because they won. It was the first leg that cost them. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Most places where there are two teams in one area, one set of supporters is half decent and the others turds. Bristol seems to be all the latter (with the possible exception of AA's Neice's husband). Doing their best to get the game abandonded, especially as Northampton could have scored at any time. 
    He is a thoroughly nice chap, he even puts up with my brother and me ribbing him about his accent. 
  • Options
    I'd imagine either Sunderland/Sheff Weds will ask for more tickets than the usual 50-50 split and probably take somewhere near 50k. 

Wycombe i can't see taking more than 20k.
  • Options
    Don't want Wycombe back in the Championship.

If I had to choose between the other two, I think I'd rather see Sunderland win than Sheff Wed. The Sunderland fans have done their time in this league, whereas Wednesday need a couple more seasons to really feel the effects of their points deduction.

But in priority order:

1. Sunderland
    2. Sheff Wed
    3. Wycombe
    I don't see why any Addick would want anyone other than our old friends and rivals Sunderland to go up? Even though I understand the thoughts about Wycombe's style, Wednesday's cheating and the entitled attitude of many of their fans would put them bottom of the list for me.      
  • Options
    Let's establish two very important facts:
    The Pope is Catholic and the team that scores the most goals wins.(Bravo Sam)

Wycombe and MK Dons.
    The "anti football" team is one game away from the Championship.
    The side that loves to pass and pass are on the same points as Cafc come August.

In League 1 you need to mix and match and find the balance between route 1 and the ability to pass and move and keep possession well.
    Plus the nous to know the state of the game and game management. 

MK won 1-0 at the Valley in 20/21 and Fraser was the star turn and they passed for fun, Charlton chased shadows and 3 points achieved for the beautiful football.

Charlton win 1-0 at MK Dons in the return and the Plan A stayed just a Plan A for MK, and even with just minutes to go they passed and passed and It was easy to defend against.

To be able to mix and match and win football matches. Win Ugly, and also win with style, that has to be the aim. 20 passes and a beautiful goal or route one from the keeper and a striker lobs the on rushing goalie. 
  • Options
    I'd imagine either Sunderland/Sheff Weds will ask for more tickets than the usual 50-50 split and probably take somewhere near 50k. 

Sunderland didn't sell out when we played them (the last time).
  • Options

Sunderland didn't sell out when we played them (the last time).
    In fairness they had been there a few weeks earlier in the pizza cup or whatever it was called then.

A good point though, they've been to Wembley a fair bit recently so that might affect numbers. Sheff Weds for sure will take a lot.
  • Options
    I want those who are more likely to challenge next season to go up.  Sunderland are always going to be top 6ish, as are Wednesday, they go can go makes it less competitive.
    This. Can’t see MK being competitive next season. Imagine the vultures will be swooping around their best players. The league doesn’t get any easier. It’s a league of badly managed championship clubs and over achieving league two clubs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I want those who are more likely to challenge next season to go up.  Sunderland are always going to be top 6ish, as are Wednesday, they go can go makes it less competitive.
    This. Can’t see MK being competitive next season. Imagine the vultures will be swooping around their best players. The league doesn’t get any easier. It’s a league of badly managed championship clubs and over achieving league two clubs.
    MK will lose players, Wycombe will lose management.  
  • Options
    But then we will have Barnsley and Peterborough who will always be competitive at this level, and if we believe what he says then we can expect to see Derby's new owner spending a fair bit.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Spending a fair bit renting a ground?
  • Options
    But then we will have Barnsley and Peterborough who will always be competitive at this level, and if we believe what he says then we can expect to see Derby's new owner spending a fair bit.
    Barnsley, Peterborough and Derby are already down.  My point is Wednesday and Sunderland are less likely to lose key personnel than Wycombe thus making them more likely to compete next season.  
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Results over style 
    Ainsworth uses that mantra in his dress sense as well. Real 'divorced dad suffering a mid-life crisis' vibe.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    shirty5 said:
    Results over style 
    Ainsworth uses that mantra in his dress sense as well. Real 'divorced dad suffering a mid-life crisis' vibe.
    Call Gok Wan
  • Options
    Or Go Wank if you're a good friend.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Why doesn't Winklemen just move the 'Dons' to Leeds? They'd probably get much bigger crowds and be a much more profitable franchise.

Leeds Don Revies FC
  • Options
    Anyone had a punt.

I’ve had Sheff Utd and Sunderland double.  7s.
  • Options
    Sunderland to lose in the playoffs tonight. 1/1

Its like printing money.