Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football League Play-Offs

Comments

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    NabySarr said:
    David Stockdale to be booked is currently 8/1 on bet365. With Wycombes time wasting feels like a decent bet if they can hold out for a while 
    The cheating bastard just feigned injury there for 2/3 mins.
    Oxford did that with one of their fellas going down after we battered them for the first 10 mins. Robinson got all the rest of the team over for a chat. Seemed to work that day for them. 
    It worked for Wycombe at our gaff as well.
    They were wasting time from about 30 mins.
  • Options
    Wycombe Wanderers are what I call an anti football team.
    Come on MKD.
    Don’t disagree with your view on Wycombe but MKD are surly an anti football franchise club
    Franchise club yes. I can't see where you get anti football from.
    Because the basis of football in this country is teams from specific places competing and moving up and down the leagues. That to me is a big part of what creates the atmosphere and passion in the sport. How could anyone genuinely support a team that might be from Wimbledon one year then transplanted to another part of the country. That goes against the beautiful game to me.
  • Options
    Decent player McCleary
  • Options
    Come on MKD.
    Don’t disagree with your view on Wycombe but MKD are surly an anti football franchise club
    Because the basis of football in this country is teams from specific places competing and moving up and down the leagues. That to me is a big part of what creates the atmosphere and passion in the sport. How could anyone genuinely support a team that might be from Wimbledon one year then transplanted to another part of the country. That goes against the beautiful game to me.
    I think the majority agree with that.
  • Options
    I'm fairly certain Wycombe go back to being irrelevant as soon as Ainsworth moves on - which could be this summer if they don't go up.

Otherwise, I'm fine with any of the other three getting promoted. They would all be a pain in the neck to play against next season.
  • Options
    Hang in there Wycombe. Proper football club.
  • Options
    Come on MKD.
    I will always be anti-MK and what happened to Wimbledon should never be allowed again.

The club was founded in June 2004, turning 18 in a month. I look at their fanbase in the stands and probably half of them weren't even born in 2004... I can't knock them for wanting to follow their local team and what happened in the early 2000s is not their fault.

Hope the EFL/FA have learned the lesson and it never happens again but begrudgingly, I'm glad to see there's a generation of fans in the area not sucked into being Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool armchair fans.
    Agreed, the really crazy thing about it all is when Pete Winkleman and his cronies decided they wanted a football club in Milton Keynes they could have either set one up or pumped money into a none league local club and brought them up. 18 years later If they had done that I would think they would have been in at least as good a position as they are now, without having had stolen another club from their fans. 

If it had happened 15 years earlier we could have been in Wimbledons position 
  • Options
    What is amazing is that MKD skipper Dean Lewington has played 29 games for Wimbledon before they moved and is still there and has played 44 games this season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What is amazing is that MKD skipper Dean Lewington has played 29 games for Wimbledon before they moved and is still there and has played 44 games this season
    We could do with a few players like him, he's literally never injured.

Today is his 886th appearance in 19 seasons. In 15 of those seasons he played 46 games or more.
  • Options
    We could do with a few players like him, he's literally never injured.

Today is his 886th appearance in 19 seasons. In 15 of those seasons he played 46 games or more.
    Fake club, robot players 😉
  • Options
    15 minutes plus added... MK pushing but no luck yet.
  • Options
    Looks like they're going to hold on.
  • Options
    Imagine watching Wycombe every week. Dear god, the epitomy of anti football.
    Awful football. But I doubt the Wycombe fans mind. In fact, they probably love that they wind everyone up.
  • Options
    Imagine watching Wycombe every week. Dear god, the epitomy of anti football.
    Indeed .. and I’ve seen some of our fans suggesting Ainsworth as our manager. Thanks, but no thanks
  • Options
    Results over style 
  • Options
    Don't want Wycombe back in the Championship.

If I had to choose between the other two, I think I'd rather see Sunderland win than Sheff Wed. The Sunderland fans have done their time in this league, whereas Wednesday need a couple more seasons to really feel the effects of their points deduction.

But in priority order:

1. Sunderland
    2. Sheff Wed
    3. Wycombe
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done Wycombe they fought hard to get through tonight but they will do well to beat Sunderland or Wednesday at Wembley.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    shirty5 said:
    Results over style 

It's the shit housing that I can't stand. Time wasting from the off, rolling around on the deck constantly etc etc etc......it amazes me that referees fall for it. They constant whining and "conversations" which are all aimed at running the clock down.
    Wish we would take note of some of that. Game management. Nicky Bailey could teach them a few tricks (Excluidng pens) 
  • Options
    DISRESPECT. 

MK "giving" the Wycombe faithful just 2,000 tickets and putting them in 2 sections of the Upper with a vacant block of seats between them. 

And it came back to bite them on the bum.

Hmmm. Thoughts, anyone ? 
  • Options
    DISRESPECT. 

MK "giving" the Wycombe faithful just 2,000 tickets and putting them in 2 sections of the Upper with a vacant block of seats between them. 

Hmmm. Thoughts, anyone ? 
    Sums up what a classless bunch MK are
  • Options
    DISRESPECT. 

Hmmm. Thoughts, anyone ? 
    Apparently both Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday have done the same, just 2,000 away fans.
  • Options
    DISRESPECT. 

Hmmm. Thoughts, anyone ? 
    Apparently both Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday have done the same, just 2,000 away fans.
    As did Wycombe in the first place to MKD.
  • Options
    DISRESPECT. 

Hmmm. Thoughts, anyone ? 
    Bit different when your stadium only holds about 9k though
  • Options
    DISRESPECT. 

Hmmm. Thoughts, anyone ? 
    But surely their ground has far less capacity than MK's ? 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    DISRESPECT. 

Hmmm. Thoughts, anyone ? 
    But surely their ground has far less capacity than MK's ? 
    Yes it does, as does The Valley compared to Bournemouth.

Yet, I still think our fans can remember and still have the hump with Bournemouth, when we gave them more than 3,000 for their promotion game in 2015.
    We were mid table and it didn't matter if we gave them a slight edge with extra fans.
    Yet Charlton fans heavily criticised Charlton over a meaningless game, but MKD should give extra for a vital game?
    There's so many double standards going on today.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32459759