Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football League Play-Offs

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2022
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:
    If neither of these 2 getq promoted this year league one is going to be naughty next season with the ones coming down. How many ex premiership teams will be in there?
    I’ve worked it out to be 8.
    That's what I got as well. Mental eh ? Tough league
    Doesnt help there are only five Championship teams who havent been in the Premier League, with one of those being relegated this season... Could drop to four if Luton win the Play-Offs
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:
    If neither of these 2 getq promoted this year league one is going to be naughty next season with the ones coming down. How many ex premiership teams will be in there?
    If those teams that have played in the Prem finished 1 to 8 next season, you just know it’ll be us who finish 8th!
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:
    If those teams that have played in the Prem finished 1 to 8 next season, you just know it’ll be us who finish 8th!
    Mate I think at the moment I would take 8th 
  • Options
    Watched some fabulous football this week, this game isn’t one of them. Absolute toilet.
  • Options
    FWIW I really hope Sunderland make it this year. Last time we beat them at Wembley i really felt for them and i think their fans are top notch. This year me and the misses were on the twin after the game which was packed with just Sunderland fans and us. Everyone one of them was friendly and just good banter. The most common question they asked was "what the fuck have we done to that cock Dobson, he is quality now " lol
  • Options
    Train ! Fucking spellcheck
  • Options
    Don’t think either of these tonight are particularly quality, but they’ve both got steel about them, grit all over the pitch and plenty of energy.  We lacked all of that this season.
  • Options
    Horrible defensive mistake by Wednesday. 1-0 Sunderland at half time.
  • Options
    Watched some fabulous football this week, this game isn’t one of them. Absolute toilet.
    League 1 v Champions league and Europe League though mate. 
  • Options
    That defending made Pearce look nippy. Sheff Wed have been appalling.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Both Sunderland and Wednesday playing 3-5-2 this evening
    No wonder the football is awful. 
  • Options
    Oh wow... that goal was a calamity 
  • Options
    edited May 2022

When I watched Sheff Wed development team at the Den on Tuesday they appeared to start in a 3-5-2 but after the first 10 minutes the RWB was given licence to attack and the LWB held back. Can't help feeling that if CBT is still here next season he has less defensive responsibility and keeps his energy for taking on his full back. 3-5-2 is so flexible that it's really isn't rigid as long as one of the wing back(primary a back) can be disciplined and hold his defensive position so you have cover in defence for the counter attack. On Tuesday the RCB covered the RWB when he was charging forward.

Cafc problem was your wing backs should be fast but since Alfie Doughty left we don't have pace in our wing backs ( other than Corey) and for some reason we just didn't readjust for the counter attack. Only Liverpool can get away with Robertson and the gifted T A-A both attacking at the same time as attacking full backs.
  • Options
    League 1 v Champions league and Europe League though mate. 
    Haha oh god yeah but it was more of an observation of the different styles and levels that football can be played. I thought Sheff Wed looked a class above when I went Hillsboro but tonight they’ve been terrible. Barely 3 passes completed in possession. TS can want attractive football but what is it essentially that’s required to get you out of this pub league.
  • Options
    44k attendance play off semi final record fair play
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Only been watching 13 minutes but Sunderland look better than a pub team to me. They look good.
  • Options
    Don’t think either of these tonight are particularly quality, but they’ve both got steel about them, grit all over the pitch and plenty of energy.  We lacked all of that this season.
    This.
  • Options
    Only been watching 13 minutes but Sunderland look better than a pub team to me. They look good.
    It was their best spell.
    Both teams were poor 1st half, although too strong for our lightweights.
  • Options
    How we could do with Barry Bannan pulling the strings in our midfield - he has 9 goals, only Gregory (16) has scored more plus he has 12 assists. In fact, he might be 32 but just look at his playing record in the last four seasons (all League): 

21/22 - 46 starts (out of 47 games)
    20/21 - 46 starts (out of 46 games)
    19/20 - 42 starts + 2 subs (out of 46 games)
    18/19 - 40 starts + 1 sub (out of 46 games)

When was the last time we had a player with us four seasons let alone someone who has played 177 League games and started 92 of the last 93 - certain Managers would be telling us that's an impossibility and certain other players would be telling the Manager where to go when asked to do so!
  • Options
    Bannan is on a massive wage I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We've had a few of those in the last four years and they certainly haven't played 177 matches in that time. 
  • Options
    We've had a few of those in the last four years and they certainly haven't played 177 matches in that time. 
    Not if I'm right we haven't.
    I had a feeling it was said when they were relegated he was on £20K PW or maybe even more.
  • Options
    Also both playing in stripes and black shorts, WTF is all that about?
    We’ve talked about kit clashes on here so many times, but it seems nobody of influence is bothered.
    Maybe my eyesight’s not what it was, or maybe my telly is a bit fuzzy, but when they used the main gantry camera, I found it very difficult to distinguish the players tonight. I know red and blue are different, but both of those shirts had white as the dominant color and, as you say, both teams were wearing black shorts too.
    I just don’t understand why there’s not more insistence from the league that the away team wears a more distinctly different kit?
    It doesn’t happen too often, but when it does it is really bloody annoying.
  • Options
    Not if I'm right we haven't.
    I had a feeling it was said when they were relegated he was on £20K PW or maybe even more.
    I think the point I'm trying to make but probably not very well is that he might have been on £20k per week but Wednesday got him body and soul for that money. We have one or two who were on probably half that but who didn't contribute proportionately anything like that - Aneke, for example, started just 2 games in his first season with 18 sub appearances and contributed one goal and one assist. Compare that to Bannan who has started 300 games in all comps in 7 seasons at Wednesday with another 10 as sub - that's an average over 44 games each and every season. And as I say he's 32 now but there's no sign of him stopping. It's about the value and price.
  • Options
    We’ve talked about kit clashes on here so many times, but it seems nobody of influence is bothered.
    Maybe my eyesight’s not what it was, or maybe my telly is a bit fuzzy, but when they used the main gantry camera, I found it very difficult to distinguish the players tonight. I know red and blue are different, but both of those shirts had white as the dominant color and, as you say, both teams were wearing black shorts too.
    I just don’t understand why there’s not more insistence from the league that the away team wears a more distinctly different kit?
    Wednesday's away shirt is pink, don't believe they have a third so had little choice unless they were to make a one off strip. Definitely should've had to wear different shorts though. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Wednesday's away shirt is pink, don't believe they have a third so had little choice unless they were to make a one off strip. Definitely should've had to wear different shorts though. 

https://www.discountfootballkits.com/Football_Kits?msclkid=df7809fffe201a2b74d26b89cf1567f9

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Talal said:

https://www.discountfootballkits.com/Football_Kits?msclkid=df7809fffe201a2b74d26b89cf1567f9

All on the EFL really, they'd have given the OK for the home kit to be used. Some people bemoan third kits but it's an example where they can be useful. 
  • Options
    A bit weird when usually the complaint is teams (like us) wearing the away or 3rd kit pointlessly when the home kits don't clash!
  • Options
    Talal said:
    You’re right. However, I just looked it up and it seems that the Sheffield Wednesday shorts for both the home and away kits are black. Makes no sense if you don’t have a third kit. 
    I really don’t understand why the fa/clubs/efl/etc don’t seem to think this matters. They do realise most people watch football on tv don’t they? And that gantry shots are the default camera position? And it would cost the clubs virtually nothing more than is being spent already.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    You’re right. However, I just looked it up and it seems that the Sheffield Wednesday shorts for both the home and away kits are black. Makes no sense if you don’t have a third kit. 
    I really don’t understand why the fa/clubs/efl/etc don’t seem to think this matters. They do realise most people watch football on tv don’t they? And that gantry shots are the default camera position? And it would cost the clubs virtually nothing more than is being spent already.

It was a right nause watching it in black and white!