Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football League Play-Offs

1424344454648»

Comments

• Options
    Much as I dislike them it was a good result for us to get them out of our league next season. 
    Started cheering Barnsley on during the game as couldn’t stomach supporting Sheffield, but in the end definitely the best for our promotion chances. League 1 does look wide open, especially if Blackpool and Reading don’t challenge near top 6.
    Why would they be any less likely to challenge than us?

In any case there's still Derby, Barnsley, Bolton, Portsmouth, Peterborough (f they don't sell), plus Wycombe are always up there.
    Wycombe have zero money. Better bet for relegation than promotion next season. A lot of their players on big wages will be leaving them.
  • Options
    Who will be the surprise outsider that challenges near the top?
    Exeter or Bristol Rovers is my guess.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Hopefully Charlton
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I was thinking Bristol Rovers. Was impressed by them when I saw them in April. Excluding Ipswich who destroyed us, Bristol Rovers only team in last 12 who we didn’t score against. 

Keeping Collins will be the big test. However, they are my initial thoughts for someone to follow outside the top 6 in betting prices.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I’d take a cautious punt on Fleetwood or Lincoln.  
  • Options
    When we played them at home, I thought Bolton were the best team we came up against. Ipswich were good of course, but it helped that they got six goals from six shots on target.  
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Shrewsbury as well... they seem to quietly improve year on year under Cotterill
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Agree with Lincoln due to mean defence, but I'm not sure how many of the team they will retain. Regan Poole (FB) is looking for a move to the `Championship, the rest ???. Their wage budget is half ours so potentially any defenders at the  end of their contract could be targets for us.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Agree with Lincoln due to mean defence, but I'm not sure how many of the team they will retain. Regan Poole (FB) is looking for a move to the `Championship, the rest ???. Their wage budget is half ours so potentially any defenders at the  end of their contract could be targets for us.
    They seem well run in terms of the size of the club and it’s financial ceiling.  
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I was thinking Bristol Rovers. Was impressed by them when I saw them in April. Excluding Ipswich who destroyed us, Bristol Rovers only team in last 12 who we didn’t score against. 

Keeping Collins will be the big test. However, they are my initial thoughts for someone to follow outside the top 6 in betting prices.

Zero chance of them keeping Collins 

The reality for L1 sides is that anyone decent will be snapped up, unless you're a big club like Wednesday 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options