Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football League Play-Offs

Comments

• But the game was just as bad in colour.
  • edited May 2022
    They were two evenly matched teams and there was never going to be much in it. Both teams matched up and Wednesday nearly got a draw as the young Sunderland keeper looked very raw. Not much quality but honest 100% effort.

Just to remind everyone that even with Cullen, Aribo, Taylor, Bauer, Phillips and Bielik we lost the 2nd leg against Donny and conceded 3 goals. Mainly because Bowyer wasn't sure whether to stick or twist and the prize was so big.
  • Talal said:
    Both Sunderland and Wednesday playing 3-5-2 this evening
    Also both playing in stripes and black shorts, WTF is all that about?
    We’ve talked about kit clashes on here so many times, but it seems nobody of influence is bothered.
    Maybe my eyesight’s not what it was, or maybe my telly is a bit fuzzy, but when they used the main gantry camera, I found it very difficult to distinguish the players tonight. I know red and blue are different, but both of those shirts had white as the dominant color and, as you say, both teams were wearing black shorts too.
    I just don’t understand why there’s not more insistence from the league that the away team wears a more distinctly different kit?
    It doesn’t happen too often, but when it does it is really bloody annoying.
    Wednesday's away shirt is pink, don't believe they have a third so had little choice unless they were to make a one off strip. Definitely should've had to wear different shorts though. 
    You’re right. However, I just looked it up and it seems that the Sheffield Wednesday shorts for both the home and away kits are black. Makes no sense if you don’t have a third kit. 
    I really don’t understand why the fa/clubs/efl/etc don’t seem to think this matters. They do realise most people watch football on tv don’t they? And that gantry shots are the default camera position? And it would cost the clubs virtually nothing more than is being spent already.
    It surprised me a bit when the law on short clashes changed as personally I think they should always be different. Quite like seeing kit mash ups with odd shorts (which probably also makes me a bit odd). 
  • bobmunro said:
    Talal said:
    Both Sunderland and Wednesday playing 3-5-2 this evening
    Also both playing in stripes and black shorts, WTF is all that about?
    We’ve talked about kit clashes on here so many times, but it seems nobody of influence is bothered.
    Maybe my eyesight’s not what it was, or maybe my telly is a bit fuzzy, but when they used the main gantry camera, I found it very difficult to distinguish the players tonight. I know red and blue are different, but both of those shirts had white as the dominant color and, as you say, both teams were wearing black shorts too.
    I just don’t understand why there’s not more insistence from the league that the away team wears a more distinctly different kit?
    It doesn’t happen too often, but when it does it is really bloody annoying.
    Wednesday's away shirt is pink, don't believe they have a third so had little choice unless they were to make a one off strip. Definitely should've had to wear different shorts though. 
    You’re right. However, I just looked it up and it seems that the Sheffield Wednesday shorts for both the home and away kits are black. Makes no sense if you don’t have a third kit. 
    I really don’t understand why the fa/clubs/efl/etc don’t seem to think this matters. They do realise most people watch football on tv don’t they? And that gantry shots are the default camera position? And it would cost the clubs virtually nothing more than is being spent already.

It was a right nause watching it in black and white!
    "For those watching in black n white the green ball is next to the red"
  • Nottingham Forest v Sheff Utd in the play-offs. Brings back huge memories for me as at the time they played in 2003 I was working with a fanatical Forest fan who ironically lived in Bexley!

Second leg (after the 1st leg was drawn 1-1) was one of the most amazing games I have ever seen. Just remember the atmosphere that night was absolutely electric and their singing of their "greasy chip butty song nearly took the roof off that night.

Highlights well worth a look and if the games are half as good as this one we're in for a treat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNXfj08cnQ8
  • Niece’s husband is a Gas fan. I wonder if he had to sacrifice both their children for that 7-0. 
  • Most places where there are two teams in one area, one set of supporters is half decent and the others turds. Bristol seems to be all the latter (with the possible exception of AA's Neice's husband). Doing their best to get the game abandonded, especially as Northampton could have scored at any time. 
  • MK v Wycombe leg 2 tonight .. will need a strong referee .. should be a good un .. I hope
  • Sponsored links:

• That stadium is so depressing 
    No idea why they put the second tier on it so early.
  • edited May 2022
    On second thoughts, I suppose the whole idea was to be able to have concerts and other events there as well, rather than primarily thinking about creating an atmosphere for the team on a weekly basis. Everything wrong with the club in a nutshell.
    No idea why they put the second tier on it so early.
    They thought they would get some fans.
  • David Stockdale to be booked is currently 8/1 on bet365. With Wycombes time wasting feels like a decent bet if they can hold out for a while 
  • On second thoughts, I suppose the whole idea was to be able to have concerts and other events there as well, rather than primarily thinking about creating an atmosphere for the team on a weekly basis. Everything wrong with the club in a nutshell.
    Without a doubt the worst club in the football league and a reminder that we don’t want franchise sport in this country. Hope they lose tonight, but would be very happy if we recruited their manager and several of their players afterwards.
  • edited May 2022
    MK 1-0 Wycombe (Parrott 26')

1-2 agg.
  • edited May 2022
    Intelligent from Twine to not touch that as it crossed the line. Most forwards selfishly tap that in. He wasn't sure if he was offside so lets it roll into the net.
  • Get in.
  • Ooof good save Stockdale to deny Twine from a free-kick.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wycombe Wanderers are what I call an anti football team.
    Come on MKD.
  • edited May 2022
    Get in.
    You put money on Parrott to score first..? :-)
  • Twine hits the side netting from another free kick. Half the stadium thought it was in.
    Come on MKD.
    You put money on Parrott to score first..? :-)
  • No, just want the footballing team to win.
  • NabySarr said:
    David Stockdale to be booked is currently 8/1 on bet365. With Wycombes time wasting feels like a decent bet if they can hold out for a while 
    The cheating bastard just feigned injury there for 2/3 mins.
    Come on MKD.
    Don’t disagree with your view on Wycombe but MKD are surly an anti football franchise club
  • Stockdale just drained about 4 minutes off the clock with a hand injury.
    Come on MKD.
    Don’t disagree with your view on Wycombe but MKD are surly an anti football franchise club
    Franchise club yes. I can't see where you get anti football from.
  • NabySarr said:
    David Stockdale to be booked is currently 8/1 on bet365. With Wycombes time wasting feels like a decent bet if they can hold out for a while 
    The cheating bastard just feigned injury there for 2/3 mins.
    Oxford did that with one of their fellas going down after we battered them for the first 10 mins. Robinson got all the rest of the team over for a chat. Seemed to work that day for them.