Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Options
    I knew managers often bring their assistant over, but not their analyst as well!

Who is/was the current Charlton analyst?
    I imagine there’s a team of them. Unless Martin now needs to ask daddy for a new job. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I knew managers often bring their assistant over, but not their analyst as well!

Who is/was the current Charlton analyst?
    Didn't he leave at the end of last season? 

Edit he did and it was advertised here

https://jobsinfootball.com/job/33356/1st-team-performance-analyst/
  • Options
    BG showing his pulling power.

He’s winning me over before we’ve even kicked a ball.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I hope first off, Jake can analyse Martins shot and confirm/deny if it is the most powerful in all football?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    I hope first off, Jake can analyse Martins shot and confirm/deny if it is the most powerful in all football?
    Isn’t a machine invented yet that can measure a shot that hard 🥊⚡️
  • Options
    Is Martin Sandgaard a player/analyst like Bradley Pritchard ? 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    I hope people are going to be patient with Garner, suspect his style of play will take time to bed down and work, but it'll be worth it when it does
    I agree but isn’t pre season and getting players in as early as possible meant to be used as bedding in, I think we were bedding in at the start of last season, the rest is history,we need to be organised with a set team, formation and tactics from day one, if our recruitment continues how it’s started there are no excuses left.Garner needs to take advantage of the feel good factor otherwise a lot of our impatient, petulant fan base will be wanting JJ back!!😬🤷🏻‍♂️😂
  • Options
    Is Martin Sandgaard a player/analyst like Bradley Pritchard ? 
    A bit more like Diana Ross I’d imagine…
  • Options
    It would be nice if Garner's coaching team could be confirmed at some point. Will Euell still be kept on, indeed will he want to stay on?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have a “Busload Of Faith” he’ll have the right team around him 😉
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    It would be nice if Garner's coaching team could be confirmed at some point. Will Euell still be kept on, indeed will he want to stay on?
    Well that was answered very quickly...
    It would be nice if the remaining signings we need could be confirmed at some point. Will Gilbey, Morgan, Davison, Kirk etc be sold, indeed will they want to stay on?
  • Options
    Is it just Garner at the minute on the coaching side? 
  • Options
    Yep
  • Options
    Scott Marshall will join Charlton as Garner assistant after Swindon named ex welling manager Jamie Day as assistant to Lindsay 
  • Options
    Yep
    Ignoring that Scott Marshall was announced after you posted we also have Jon De Souza who joined a few months ago and Glyn Shimell the goalkeeping coach.
  • Options
    Teams defending in depth, especially at home, could definitely be a problem for this season. On the other hand this might yet be Stockley's saving grace under the new boss - I think most agree he doesn't seem naturally suited to the style Garner apparently favours but if you need a battering ram as plan B then he's a good option to have.

That interview suggests to me that we're going to need patience before we see the best of Garnerball so it will be very interesting to see just how much time he gets from certain elements of the crowd... And from the boardroom.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Teams defending in depth, especially at home, could definitely be a problem for this season. On the other hand this might yet be Stockley's saving grace under the new boss - I think most agree he doesn't seem naturally suited to the style Garner apparently favours but if you need a battering ram as plan B then he's a good option to have.

That interview suggests to me that we're going to need patience before we see the best of Garnerball so it will be very interesting to see just how much time he gets from certain elements of the crowd... And from the boardroom.
    I think the Plan B battering ram is Aneke. We need Stockley to be our plan A.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Just hoping the budget stretches to a new shirt for the gaffer for his home league debut.

Don't want to see any more of those soiled, bandage-grey, Primark T-shirts, on match days.

• Options
    Ben Garner is magic, he wears a magic hat…
  • Options
    Yeah.....He's the real deal 
  • Options
    He's special. 

Early days but some of these players are unrecognisable from how they've performed in the previous years. 

We need to get promoted sharpish because Garner will be in a higher division regardless in a year or two. 
    I was thinking exactly that last night. The transformation he has made in this group of players ( most were here last year) is ridiculous. I'm sure once we get into the season and some Championship clubs start to part company with their Managers Garner will be on their shopping list 
  • Options
    Now we’ve got Ben Garner, the reds are going up…
  • Options
    edited August 2022
  • Options
    Surprising that no Charlton players made that line up after that performance midweek
  • Options
    Surprising that no Charlton players made that line up after that performance midweek
    Perhaps you could call that a positive inasmuch as it means that we won due to a properly rounded team performance and not individual brilliance...