Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2022
    God this thread has stooped to a real low, now we have diversed into the longevity of a guys pants, and the right and wrong etiquette when having your early morning constitutional visit to the lavvy,, FFS :(
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    God this thread has stooped to a real low, now we have diversed into the longevity of a guys pants, and the right and wrong etiquette when having your early morning constitutional visit to the lavvy,, FFS :(
    Here's a link to an online publication you may find more conducive

https://lady.co.uk/
  • Options
    Here's a link to an online publication you may find more conducive

https://lady.co.uk/

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Well I for one am going straight to my pants drawer when I get home to see if I can carbon date my oldest pair of skidders…challenge accepted….
  • Options
    As we go through managers like most people go through underwear, are we keeping this thread stickied ready for the next one?
    I own (and wear) pants bought when Alan Pardew was manager.

My pants have outlasted 15 Charlton managers.
    A new exhibit for the Charlton Athletic Museum surely!
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    Billyboy said:
    ozaddick said:
    In regards to BG's coaching team, has there been anymore news or speculation on bringing his backroom staff over too? 
    Didn't Adkins want his own coaches, but was denied this by TS? 
    If it's the same scenario with BG as Adkins, I'd be concerned. If TS wants success, you've got to stack the cards in your favour as much as possible, which means getting those blokes signed up to. 
    This is what is worrying me, I don't think ts is getting them in. Just a feeling) and I think that'll be a big mistake again in my opinion.
    TS already said Garner will decide his backroom staff if he wants the two from Swindon then they will try to make it happen .. but they are under contract . As for Adkins part of the deal taking over was that Jackson would be number two with the plan for him to take over after a few years .. not a a few months 
    Is that today's bedtime story? 

Where do you get your "facts" from?
    To be fair to Ronnie the same place as most of the posters on here.
    They just make them up without any shred of "factual" evidence.
  • Options
    As we go through managers like most people go through underwear, are we keeping this thread stickied ready for the next one?

Thanks but due to lack of space and health and safety considerations we will have to decline this generous offer
  • Options
    edited June 2022

Thanks but due to lack of space and health and safety considerations we will have to decline this generous offer

Fair enough, but i think @killerandflash's suggestion should be worth a promote none the less.. B)
  • Options

As Oggy says, not very lucky pants.
    You should ceremonially burn them. Then if our luck changes, you can take the credit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DDOUBLEE said:w
    JonT_Abs said:
    Welcome Ben. 
    Thought he would have preferred a move to Brentford in that case...

Hope he brings along Chabudz, he knows a good deal 
    This looks amazingly like Chumlee from Pawn Stars.
  • Options
    Wonder if that means Euell will stay
  • Options
    We’ve got a spot still free for an assistant manager as the Yeovil guy left with Jacko. Expect Garner to bring someone in. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022

Come back on here NLA
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    Wonder if that means Euell will stay
    wonder how well (if at all) they knew each other before Garner arrived here
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:
    I hope people are going to be patient with Garner, suspect his style of play will take time to bed down and work, but it'll be worth it when it does
    Indeed, there is very much going to be times when we get pressed and closed down effectively and make a mistake at the back which will lead to a goal. Just got to hope that we can at least see the progress, and that fans buy into it (there will of course be some who wont).

Some positive early results will certainly help.
  • Options
    I think we will be at teams from the 1st game. High tempo, attacking footy. If we lose a couple in the 1st month, due to bedding in the system,  I'd like to think the supporters would recognise what we are trying to do and help the team. 
  • Options
    Willo said:
    Willo said:
    Willo said:
    Willo said:
    arny23394 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    I’m not trying to make an impatient point here but if you’d of told me this time last month Jackson will make his first signing in a new job before we named his successor I wouldn't of believed it. 
    Nearly 5 weeks, and people defend it. Total circus. 
    I’m defending or attacking it, it’s just a little surprising to me, but if his tactic is to make sure it’s the absolute right one then so be it. 
    Doesn't take a semi competent league one club 5 weeks to appoint a manager, in the off season. 
    Why though? What’s wrong with negotiating a deal to suit us as well as them, if I could drag the purchase of something expensive out to save a few quid I probably would, it’s not critical right now, I’ll admit I was nervous but I don’t see why haggling over compensation makes us incompetent.  
    Because we fucked up last season due to our inactivity all summer and lack of preparation. Jackson has been sacked nearly 5 weeks ago, seemingly without any sort of succession plan as we still have no manager on June 7th. 

Since Jackson has left, he's gone on holiday, interviewed for / got a new job, and made his first signing. 

Fleetwood sacked their manager May 4th, they have a new manager in place and have already made their first signing. 
    I get all that but you know full well we have a plan as at today, they’re obviously cross t’s and dotting i’s.  I get all the frustration and I’m with you, but I think some are getting too panicked, there’s so so much time to get this summer right, the players aren’t even in the building.  

I’ll fully agree with you “if” we end up with a shit squad and are looking at deadbeats come midnight deadline day.  But for now I’m happy to see if he’s leant from last season.  
    I dunno mate, 7 & a half weeks until the first game of the season doesn’t seem like a lot of time when we need 7/8 players for the first xi + x amount as squad players. 
    Fair point but that’s where we’ll probably disagree.  Im not saying he will get it right I'm saying there is plenty of time and chances to get it right.  
    Plenty?
    What so any side who hasn’t made a signing at this point doesn’t have much time?  
    I don't care for any other club, just this one. For the job we needed to do before the end of the season, I didn't think we had plenty of time. Looks like another wasted season. Unless there is around 12 rabbits about to be pulled from a hat!
    You can make comparisons whilst still only caring for one club.

Its 7th June there’s loads of time to sign loads of players.
    9 days till the lads back in training 😂
    Yes.  Which is why there’s loads of time to sign players, or did you think clubs sign absolutely everyone before their first day back?
    This season was gonna do things early 🤣 Learn from mistakes. But it's all good you think there is loads of time 👍

Hi mate @Willo
  • Options
    Euell was at St George's Park last week, starting another 12 month course

Another ex Charlton player in there too, I think?
    Jeffers on the left?
  • Options
    Euell was at St George's Park last week, starting another 12 month course

Is that the LMA diploma?
  • Options
    I knew managers often bring their assistant over, but not their analyst as well!

Who is/was the current Charlton analyst?